People Are F*cking Idiots - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
People Are F*cking Idiots
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:22 AM
This haappened while I was asleep. This morning my girlfriends sister wakes me up as she is going to school and tells me I better look at my driver side window. I jump out of bed and run outside. Come to find out some jackasses decided to go down two streets and to the school aswell and start shooting beebee guns at whatever they want. To make matters worse we took my girl's body kit off her sunfire yesturday cause the jackass across the street backed into it and shattered the fiber glass. Anyways about 5-8 cars were hit in the street am in. What I can't stand is why would someone think it's all fun and games to @!#$ someones car up after they have spent so much time on it. It got shot at twice but I could only find one beebee.

One questions I do need help on is for the driver side power window, what years are they the same. I know the 02-up are but what about from 95-01. If you can help me out before I go to get one today that wopuld be great.

Heres the beebee I found under my seat.

Re: People Are F*cking Idiots
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:32 AM
That sucks man, sorry to hear. Look on the bright side it could have been alot worse.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Some dumbass black guy completely high on crack walked into my backyard with a brick and tried to smash my window for the spare change I had in the center console. The dude couldn't brake the window for some reason, so he chucked the brick and ran.
I agree with you man, people who mess with other people's cars should go to the special hell reserved for Hitler and child molesters.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Gerkn

Nothing more than punk kids with nothing better to do.

95-05 Cav/Sunfire coupe window will work, doesn't matter whether power or crank.....so one should be easy to find.

Replacing it is easy as hell, so be thankful. Remove door panel, and 2 10mm nuts hold the window in place (roll it down, you'll see where to access both through door). I find it easiest to pull the rear of the window up first, and pull it outside of the door. Should take 15 minutes to replace in all honesty.

Best of luck, sorry to see. Could of been worse though considering, I'd rather replace a window versus repaint a 1/4 panel, etc.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:35 AM
The doors for all j-bodie coupes are the same from 95-05.... you should be able to take any window out power or non power and it will work... I replaced my 01 doors glass (power windows) with glass from a 04 since mine was scratched up pretty good....you'll have to remove the door panel and put the window down 3/4s then you'll see where you can unbolt the glass.. if i'm not mistaken it's held on by 2 7mm bolts (could be 10mm)

looks like the above poster beat me to typing the instructions out haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:36 AM
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:46 AM
Well I just talked to my manager from work and she said that the same thing happened already twice in one month where she lives at wich is about ten minutes away. So that was two weeks ago and this is today.

As far as being thankful that it was only the window, i'll tell you hell yeah I am. The first thing I said besides im @!#$ pissed is that im glad it was the window not the body or the body kit. Well thanks for your help guys.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:54 AM
Sucks to see.. immature little sh*ts.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:05 PM
Well since the insurance deductible is too high, and a auto glass place wanted over $170 to replace and install I went to a junkyard here in Ft. Worth and got me a new windshield for $9.95.( Thank god it is wednesdays and they had wild wednesdays everything 1/2 off) My friends uncle put in on for me so everything worked out. All I need to do now is get the windows all re-tinted.
Friday, March 14, 2008 6:35 PM
My neighbor had the rear window on his cherokee shot out with a pellet gun two or three months ago, twice in one week actually. First time had 4 holes, replaced the glass, couple days later, two more holes and another shattered window....gotta be a real pissoff....

Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:18 AM
Hey man..... if this kind of thing seems to be a problem where you live you might want to add full glass coverage to your insurance (that is if you already have full coverage) I have it on my car and there is NO deductable for it..

At least the tint held most of the glass together and you should be able to just push the old window out.... when I first saw it.... I was like "how the hell is the window still in the door"....... good luck with it man..... and hopefully the cops find those little bastards.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:22 PM
Well I have full coverage with Geico and I called them that same morning when it happened my comprehensive and collision deductibles were at a $1,000 cause that was all I could afford monthly. They said that being that my deductible is that high it's all out of pocket. So I just got a window at pick-n-pull for ten bucks.

Now that I am moving I can afford it with lower deductibles. But, I still am thinking very highly to try and switch. The last time I tried to switch they were all higher. So I don't know. Well see.

But thanks bro I hope they catch the bastards too.

P.S.- If you live in Dallas, I was told recently that there are some people going around burning cars late at night. So if you got one up that way, keep a look out. Weird thing is that they keep doing it in the same neighborhoods some how without getting caught.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:47 PM
Sucks man.

I can remember when i was about 8 or 9.10 or 12 cars got half cinder blocks through the back windows of the cars.My one buddy,block thrown through the rear window and hit the dash and hit the windsheild.

Good luck with the fix.

Rememeber kids... spell check is your friend
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:15 PM
At least it wasn't the paint ya know??? But anyways hopefully they catch the @!#$s, you just don't mess with someone's car,

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Friday, April 11, 2008 8:50 AM
One Clean J wrote:Well I have full coverage with Geico and I called them that same morning when it happened my comprehensive and collision deductibles were at a $1,000 cause that was all I could afford monthly. They said that being that my deductible is that high it's all out of pocket. So I just got a window at pick-n-pull for ten bucks.

Now that I am moving I can afford it with lower deductibles. But, I still am thinking very highly to try and switch. The last time I tried to switch they were all higher. So I don't know. Well see.

But thanks bro I hope they catch the bastards too.

P.S.- If you live in Dallas, I was told recently that there are some people going around burning cars late at night. So if you got one up that way, keep a look out. Weird thing is that they keep doing it in the same neighborhoods some how without getting caught.

Ouch. I know up here in York PA, for weeks a bunch of kids (they were guessing) were going around the city either just throwing bricks into windows, or stealing from SEVERAL cars down a street, vandalism, etc. It was mostly vandalism, and they suspected it was the same people. In a 2 or 3 week period of time I think, there were over 60 cars involved. I THINK they caught them, after several weeks being on the news I guess they got tired of reporting it so I forget.

As far as the insurance, I know Geico was really high quoting me, and when I had Nationwide they were NOT on my side (bastages). I have 21st century now, and they recently merged with AIG, and are highly rated insurance companies.

When Nationwide and Geico were quoting me around $1200 for six months, 21st quoted me $580something for 6 months, and I have 3 times the coverage, and my collision deductable is only $300 and my comprehensive is $250. Granted, because of it being a NEW car (tC's have only been around since 05), it went up to $630, then down to $600 since I've been with them, and their customer service is AWESOME... so you may want to try 21st Century for an insurance quote if you're thinking of changing companies.

And, if they give you a good quote and you go with them and say I referred you (I can give you my info) I get a referral bonus, it's only a few bucks but I'll split it with you, just find out what info they need for the referral and PM me. (No I'm not just saying that stuff for the referral bonus, I am seriously that happy with their rates and service.) Nationwide screwed me over, and that's when I switched to them. They really do go above and beyond to help you out.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:38 AM
you know what, it sucks that happens and trust me iow. My ex-wifes car a 2005 Chevy Cobalt was sitting behind my garage one night just parked there bc she was too lazy to put it in the garage, and when she came out, she just got into it and drove away, and around to the front of my house. well, to make a long story short i notice a crack going across the damn windsheild. Right at the city sticker for chicago. Well needless to say i was pretty mad then to top it off this was at the time me and her were splitting up, so she actomatically expected me to fix it. Haha to her surpise i did not do it. But about 2 weeks later she left chicago and moved back to TN, and by the time we got down there to move her into her new appt. that same crack was now about 3/4 across the front winsheild. but yeah, i priced out the damn thing and all were close to about 200.00 bc the car was so new. oh well, it was kinda bitter/sweet bc i just looked at it as her punishment for leaving me. ahahha. but yeah, it did suck, for her at least. lol. i just thought i would share my story too. Sorry to hear about this guys!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search