Got some depressing news today.... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got some depressing news today....
Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:27 PM
Sometime last night, my brother's 04 Cavalier was totaled ... or we're thinking totalled...

the bad thing... the car was legally parked, and he was inside the apartment sleeping...

the worse thing... i live in Virginia, and can work on cars... hes in Los Angelas, Cali and is not a mechanic.

too bad cause i'd yank the ecotec and sell it for more than the insurance would probably give him for it...

-------------------

what happened was that he was paralell parked in front of his building, and a drunken driver ran in to the car behind him, which hit his car which drove his car in to the car in front of him... the drunken driver ditched his car there and ran off on foot...

i dunno what i'd do if that happened to me

Re: Got some depressing news today....
Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:45 PM
Let me know what the buy back is and pics of the car if possible. I'm near LA and might want to pick up the shell. Depends on if it has what I need stock parts wise, I'll pull the motor for him in exchange for the rest of the car.

Re: Got some depressing news today....
Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:42 PM
i'll see what i can do pic wise... he's not going to want anything to do with the motor without me around to deal with it. my brother is not a car guy at all, in anyway shape or form...

it was an 04 base model - Torch red. front and rear of the body are destroyed and he said the suspension is jacked on one side... (he claims the axle is broken, but he said it moved under its own power, and felt funny... the way he described it, i doubt the axle is broken... i think hub is shot... )

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search