2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
Monday, December 19, 2005 8:17 AM
Needs some more stripping if you ask me, and none of you did.
Loose the plastic crap under the hood, no need for power anything, no a/c, no radio (but pre-wired...), all should be options, and bring price the down to 4-5 grand.

They would sell like hot cakes.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Monday, December 19, 2005 10:25 AM
You guys have to consider that although $1K may not sound a lot. But when car manufacturers decontent the car (like in this case) it can't really reduce a lot in price, simply because the car manufcaturers buys parts in large quantity so the price is wayyy lower. It is not as if car manufacturers are paying the same price as if we were buying it individually.
For e.g. A spoiler:
About $250 if you and I bought it.
About $75-100 for car manufacture's price

With this all said... Yes, $1K price reduction may not seem a lot but when you tally up the the parts that got deleted, with the parts deleted on the TR, it should come in close to $1K.... again at manufacture's price per part.
Overall not a bad idea and the price reduction is justifiable to the amount decontented. But like I many others have said. I would like to see more barebones. Just for the weight saving and ofcourse the price difference.

SpcmnSpff302 wrote:
Kyle Kurtz wrote:its detuned from the factory in order to save insurance

Hasn't that urban legend been dismissed already? Ask GGT about his insurance comparing his GT vs. his Z06. IIRC, the Z06 is actually like $60 cheaper every 6 months.

Actually Spc the Z06's insurance is $80 more every 6 months then my GT. But that is peanuts considering the huge difference in cars.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, December 19, 2005 6:09 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
$1K.... again at manufacture's price per part.

It is not as if car manufacturers are paying the same price as if we were buying it individually. For e.g. A spoiler:

ahh but the end consumer is seldom privy nor interested in
a manufacturer's economies of scale; however, your spoiler
analogy concludes why the TR is a rotten deal.

If a $1000 savings reflects a $75-100 spoiler than the buyer
could purchase a WRX, sell their spoiler for $250, and profit
60%-70%. Now if we carried that formula through ever part
removed off the TR than a savvy buyer could simply buy a
wrx, strip it to the level of a TR and profit 1600-1700 dollars.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] cuz stock sux
Monday, December 19, 2005 6:14 PM
I hate the new front but it's a great looking and performimng car.

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Monday, December 19, 2005 9:17 PM
once again you are all thinking of the price as well its only 1k less. you really need to look at the fact that its like 9k les than the sti, and this car is closer to the sti than it is a regualr wrx. its a sti drivetrain with a wrx shell, this car is pretty sick.
Monday, December 19, 2005 9:49 PM
urban wrote:
$1K.... again at manufacture's price per part.

It is not as if car manufacturers are paying the same price as if we were buying it individually. For e.g. A spoiler:

ahh but the end consumer is seldom privy nor interested in
a manufacturer's economies of scale; however, your spoiler
analogy concludes why the TR is a rotten deal.

If a $1000 savings reflects a $75-100 spoiler than the buyer
could purchase a WRX, sell their spoiler for $250, and profit
60%-70%. Now if we carried that formula through ever part
removed off the TR than a savvy buyer could simply buy a
wrx, strip it to the level of a TR and profit 1600-1700 dollars.

I think you have missed my point. I mean at manufacture's price,-- the contents removed will not add up to $1K. So the consumer is winning here. Also if you were to sell the same parts that were removed from the factory like on e-bay, I almost guarantee that it will not add up to $1K. That spoiler example was just that example. I highlighted in bold what was removed. Again all those options removed it will not add up to $1K---at manufacturer's price.
All in all you are winning here.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote: Close to bare bones for the WRX.

The first thing I noticed about the new Subaru Impreza WRX TR is the basic-looking stereo. So basic is its operation and visual appeal that using the system brought flashbacks ofloading five-inch floppies into a Commodore 64 computer. The four speakers don’t help much in enhancing its 80 watts of sound-amplifying power either.
To that I say......Good job, Subaru I mean it.
The TR in this WRX’s designation stands for "Tuner Ready." Since many WRX owners start customizing their cars the second they drive off the lot, Subaru decided to spec out a model just for them.
Why force a customer to pay for the six-disc audio system in the regular WRX when that standard unit will get swapped out for one with a TV screen shod with amplifiers, high-watt speakers and subwoofers?
That is the philosophy that inspired the TR. There is a non-leather steering wheel in case you have a Momo in mind, along with regular seats and unpainted side mirrors ready to be swapped for Sparco racing buckets and narrow WRC-style mirrors. The car has no side skirts, fog lights and a spoiler, because what custom Impreza is complete without a body kit? The TR also avoid the automatic climate control system.
Unlike the first stripped-down Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS in 2004, the TR leaves you with such basic amenities as air conditioning, power windows, mirrors and locks, and even cruise control.
All 2006 upgrades are in full effect under the hood. The new, bigger-displacement 2.5-liter turbo­charged I-4 with 230 hp provides ample thrust and more daily livability thanks to itsnewfound torque, up to 235 lb-ft from 217 lb-ft.
We think Subaru could further slash the price of this WRX by making the standard 17-inch sport wheels optional, since getting rid of factory wheels is usually the first thing a tuner will do.
With a base price of $24,620 (including $625 destination), the TR will save you about $1,000 off the regular WRX sedan. That may not seem like much considering what go-fast, look-fast parts can cost. But for many tuners, some of whom work two jobs to pay for their cars, a penny saved is a penny earned.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:23 AM
Brian Anderson {1999-Z24-4spd} wrote:
Luc Sipkema wrote:^ ^ ^ pic of this?
I would like to see what it looks like.

MachV Motorsports had an ad in Sport Compact Pro. There was a website, not Mach V's but something like wrxspeed.com or something like that. Its in their ad though.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search