1990 Eagle Talon TSI (manual) - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 1990 Eagle Talon TSI (manual)
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:45 PM

Thursday, August 09, 2007 6:32 AM
First off, YES the pistons and rods are forged. Where are you finding the information that they are not?

Second, Hahahaha, don't expect most people here to understand the which of the 16gs is better... tons of DSM guys are even in denial about it...

3rd, good picture, but crankwalk isn't as common a problem as most think. There is a preventitive fix for it, which requires a tear down and rebuild, but the part only costs like 50 bucks... and very VERY VERY rarely does crankwalk ever happen to people unless they put a higher rating pressure plate in them.

And finally, I would buy that talon in a @!#$ heartbeat if I had 3k right now... hes only like a 6 hour drive from me too =(

Thursday, August 09, 2007 7:01 AM
Ace140 wrote:
3rd, good picture, but crankwalk isn't as common a problem as most think. There is a preventitive fix for it, which requires a tear down and rebuild, but the part only costs like 50 bucks... and very VERY VERY rarely does crankwalk ever happen to people unless they put a higher rating pressure plate in them.

i know...i just thought the pic was funny

Thursday, August 09, 2007 10:45 AM
WOW! I didn't want to start a DSM war.I did however get some good info.I did go on the DSM Tuners site and there are alot of nice Talons for sale.I have always wanted one since they came out,my old friend has a 91 which he has since put alot of money into and is well into the 400hp range.When I do get extra cash I def. will pick one up.But I just can't part with the vert. cavy. right now

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:06 AM

Yes, I know it's a rarer condition than a nun with herpes, but I absolutely love that picture.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:41 PM
Ace140 wrote:First off, YES the pistons and rods are forged. Where are you finding the information that they are not?
I have seen multiple posts in the Tuners forums saying the pistons and rods are cast, and no matter how hard I try, I can't find anything saying they are forged. If you can prove otherwise, please link me, because I'd like to believe they were forged too
Here's the only one I could pull up in a quick search:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241080&highlight=cast+forged

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search