Post your favorite slammed cars! - Page 10 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Post your favorite slammed cars!
Monday, February 15, 2010 11:31 AM
When I get back from Iraq i'm looking at getting a family car. I'm really wanting an Audi A5 wagon with super aggressive wheels slammed on 20's. Although I want them to fit. No huge camber and stretched tires.

Monday, February 15, 2010 6:51 PM

Quote:

well, I don't want to be "that" guy... the one who is too attached to a car for his own good. The one who actually cares about his car, and in a sense more than "I don't want to curb a wheel", or "don't nick my paint".... but honestly, I am that guy.

We all have cars that we consider "our baby"... and for me, that has always been my e36. I bought the e28 as a replacement for a daily driver.

I didn't know getting in to it that this e28 was going to become such a part of who I am. I changed the way I look at cars. It changed the way that people look at me. To many it was just another car on the bandwagon... and that's cool with me... but I never expected my car to become a conversation piece.... something to be argued over for pages and pages, month after month across the web. A magazine feature? Two? I had ever in my wildest dreams thought it would happen... after all, it was just a car.

Most of you know that about a year ago, I lent the car to a friend.... Back then, it was a solidly clean car, with no real flaws... until it was abruptly stopped by a semi truck, resulting in not only the A-pillar damage that you still see today, but a crushed front end that I put back together using a parts car I had at the time.

That accident was the rebirth of my car. I marked a moment in time where it went from an asset to a canvas. I had no excuse not to go "all the way" with it... and so I did. Okay, yeah, cool, I rusted a car. A lot of other people have too, and we all know that.

Rusty was more than just a hipstermobile to me though. Rusty honestly led me to some of the greatest friendships I have today... scratch that.. ALL of the friendships I maintain today have some rooting involved with this stupid car. It's done more than drive me coast-to-coast, it has never let me down during any of it. This car is a champ- and I beat the hell out of it too.

Honestly, if it wasn't for Rusty, this site wouldn't be here. It simply wouldn't exist.

I'm going on and on about stuff and haven't really given any info yet, so I'll explain it the best I can.

Ever since the accident a year ago, the front driver's side tire has worn a bit differently than the others. The clearance to the fender was a little different than before, but nothing to alarm me. After all, this car was deemed "totaled".

It wasn't until last week that I took the car to a friend's shop, and while there, and inspecting the car for the first time, we realized that the frame up there is tweaked. Hard.

I brushed it off as if it were nothing. Honestly, I didn't care in the least...
but after close inspection, the body has been cracking a bit, and its starting to separate.

I wanted to ignore it.
I really, really wanted to ignore it.
Bad.

I said to myself "it's been fine all along, It'l be fine. I'll drive it until it falls apart".

A few days ago, my best friend slipped through my hands, so to speak. Gracefully sliding my way over a speed bump, @!#$ went to hell.

I don't really know what else to say right now. I towed her home one last time. The motor comes out tomorrow- it's going to Nic and Steph for the Bavaria build. Webb is taking the suspension for his car. The wheels will go into storage until another day, down the road when I feel like a car is worthy of following up Rusty's footsteps.

I'm depressed over this. Best car I've ever owned. Hand down.
There's a constant joke going on among friends that I owe this car for everything its done for me... and its true.

I made a video today. It's lame, but I wanted to do one last "shoot".

So here it is- Rusty, this one's for you.

http://vimeo.com/9245342

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, February 15, 2010 6:56 PM
DAMNNN...link didn't work for me tho.

selling my truck....let me know if your interested.
http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/1600725733.html
Monday, February 15, 2010 7:16 PM
Monday, February 15, 2010 9:08 PM
Not completely slammed, but still my favorite!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:19 AM
Zenith wrote:Not completely slammed, but still my favorite!

Me like!!!

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:24 PM
much love for the aero 93 BSR FTW
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:13 PM
this had been 10 pages of boner

I am loving all the Audis, VWs, BMWs, and that Volvo was bad ass. I think my fave was the pic of the 5 black GTi's, going from the Mk1 Rabbit to the Mk5 GTi. that was just classy

I'm not too big on the mini-trucks, but all those 40s-70s pick-ups were awesome.. hell, all the classic cars were insane

dammit I want my Cavi to be low like some of these... tucking treads.. my RK ProStreets just arent cuttin it

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:14 PM
Theres a Hydraulics company out of Pheonix that makes some sick rides. Basicly just rims and suspension, but I like them. Here are some of their builds

Theres no cutting at all on this car. If there was the front would be lower.

This one had 20s, but there weren't really any pics taken before it was involved in an 8 car pile-up and written off.

Current Project

Their show truck that has now been sold

Lastly Heres a pic of my car that I am swapping over to hydros

More pics of mine once the install is done
Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:05 PM
I like the whole VIP thing, I just dont have the money to build the Cavi AND do a VIP car.. maybe one day when I grow up (HA!!), I'll stop trying to perfect my car and do a VW Passat... maybe

Monday, March 01, 2010 6:53 AM
I have always wanted to do a Benz vert like posted above!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 12:06 PM
bagged count too?....

i am gone from this forum
Tuesday, March 02, 2010 4:09 PM

Friday, March 12, 2010 4:57 PM
Love that car but I'll raise you one...

thats a TST Member's car , car is freakin sick ....when it was bagged. now its Stock and i think sold

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, March 12, 2010 6:20 PM
4dr GTi.. mmm mmmm

Friday, March 12, 2010 8:37 PM
The one problem with this pic is that the 94/95 F150 Lightning in the background has a topper and isn't slammed. But that Jeep is pretty freakin' cool.

Friday, March 12, 2010 9:52 PM
Here is a local 350z that I have seen in person..
It is gorgeous.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1635089080.html

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Friday, March 12, 2010 11:01 PM

Friday, March 12, 2010 11:02 PM
NaviCavi (thnkin04eco) wrote:The one problem with this pic is that the 94/95 F150 Lightning in the background has a topper and isn't slammed. But that Jeep is pretty freakin' cool.

[

that's the my favorite jeep

i am gone from this forum
Saturday, March 20, 2010 7:19 PM

Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:12 PM

@!#$ bad ass volvo. LOVE it

Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:17 PM
Showoff03LS wrote:Love that car but I'll raise you one...

That car was done up nicely. I think a different choice of rims would look better but it even pulls those off. I hate that car too but that looks sick.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:31 PM
its a really sweet car inperson. the owner is a cool guy too

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:35 PM
that Karmann Ghia is bad ass

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:29 PM
azncav wrote:

The buick has me staring and dreaming. I love that car, something/everything about it is just perfect.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search