wrx+snow - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: wrx+snow
Monday, January 07, 2008 8:01 PM
what mod's you got done?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:27 AM
Where are you going to find the snow?
The whole state would probably have some if I didn't buy a snow blower, sorry

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:03 AM
out route 87 up towards world's end state park. we have nothing in town but found some snow in the higher elevations.

phil... stage II. up pipe, turboback exhaust, reflash, aem intake (came on the car), and a manual boost controller set at 17psi. i've got a few other things done too but those are the go mods.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:05 PM
strat81 wrote:out route 87 up towards world's end state park. we have nothing in town but found some snow in the higher elevations.

phil... stage II. up pipe, turboback exhaust, reflash, aem intake (came on the car), and a manual boost controller set at 17psi. i've got a few other things done too but those are the go mods.

NIce, thats exactly what i want to do, how does she run?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:30 PM
she runs well... i have a bit of detonation and need to get it tuned out but the map is a base stage II map for use with the stock boost solenoid.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:03 PM
strat81 wrote:she runs well... i have a bit of detonation and need to get it tuned out but the map is a base stage II map for use with the stock boost solenoid.

meaning what 14 psi?

I found that perrin.com or something does custom tunes starting with the base stage II map

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:50 PM
i'm using opensource tuning. enginuity for changing maps and ecuflash for reflashing. all it requires is $100 cable from tactrix.

boost is currently at 17psi.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:34 PM
cause i damned sure I want a 2002 - 2004 wrx I just gotta get financed.

I cant @!#$ wait man, I love them so much.

so could you esitmate what yours would run with those mods? Mid 13's?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:35 AM
i ran a 14.2 without the reflash. launching at 4k like a pansy (i didn't feel like walking home from the track). my 60ft times were around the 2.1-2.2 range so there is room for improvement.

my buddy running basically the same mods with the reflash, launching at 6500 and slipping the cluch like crazy ran a 13.9.

keep in mind though, the drag strip isn't where these cars shine. don't get me wrong, they do well... but the first time you hit a windy road, you'll have a whole new appreciation for them.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:26 AM
You aren't kidding. Feels like they are on rails. I think i would have had the sales guy @!#$ting his pants if i took him with me instead of the wife...

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:29 PM
yeah, the stock one i drove was crazy good handling, I can only imagine with some mods...

we'll see what happens, getting financed is the problem,

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:33 PM
Yeah well Subaru is @!#$ ridiculous....iv seen people who could finance a escalade, but not a subaru with down payment, I thought the dealer was bull@!#$ting me...

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:35 PM
itd be a used one, 2002-2004

my credit get ass @!#$ by student loans that were going to a wrong address, so I wasnt paying student loans for 8 months. I got all the late fees and @!#$ taken away but my credit score dropped 200 points, I had a 765

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:30 PM
i am uber jealous

<3 it man!

Two wrongs don't make a right. Unless you're Chuck Norris.
Then two wrongs make a roundhouse kick to the face.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:33 AM
one more pic from yesterday... and i'll be making a vid of some of my "outings" here soon...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:38 AM
Stephen (Manta Z) wrote:so badass with the dog's head sticking out the window lol

+1

thats awesome!

Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:25 PM
awesome. looks like a fun time! i know i would have a blast.

I would love to get a 04-05 wrx. but i am not in a market for a new car for a few years now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search