Pontiac G8 GXP's price - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pontiac G8 GXP's price
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:44 AM
General Motors has just announced that the 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP rear-drive sport sedan will start at $39,995 including a $685 destination charge and $1700 in gas guzzler taxes when it finally hits showrooms in February 2009.

The 2009 G8 GXP outputs 415 hp from its 6.2L LS3 V-8 engine. The G8 GXP comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission, while a six-speed manual can be had for $695 more. Also optional is a sunroof at $900.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Pontiac G8 GXP's price
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:54 AM
That car is fkn sexy, but who can justify that price??? What was the MSRP of the LS2 GTO, like 30-32k?

Also, any word on if the base and GT models will have a manual option? The base with a six speed would be tits for my intentions

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:46 AM
DAAAAAMN!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:53 AM
I wonder if their going to have navi as an option finally or just put a useless screen in there again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:53 AM

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:16 AM
I wish I could affort to buy it cash.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:15 AM
40 Grand?!?!?! Are they &#(@ kidding! It's a nice car but still, 40 #*(%(!@ GRAND!!!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:15 PM
Yeah, way to go GM.. It's nice, but not 40K nice.. And you charge more for manual transmission? No wonder you're begging congress for money..

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:18 PM
on top of that, the car beautiful from every angle, BUT the rear end of the car from the side view looks like an 04 Gallant. ew.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:59 PM
They could have at least included the sunroof in that price, instead of making it an option.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:36 PM
That car has been my computer background here at work for the last 6 months or so. 40k... worth every penny.
This is not the reason GM needs money, as development had already been done by the Aussies and Germans. Cars like this cost the company little to sell here.

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:51 PM
Very sweet

Where I work: HP
What I take for Memory and Focus: Focus Fast

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:04 PM
OHV notec wrote:That car has been my computer background here at work for the last 6 months or so. 40k... worth every penny.
This is not the reason GM needs money, as development had already been done by the Aussies and Germans. Cars like this cost the company little to sell here.

So why not drop the price a little then if it doesn't cost them as much to sell? Maybe then we can see some on the road, instead of sitting in the showroom for months.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:42 PM
even though the car will easily beat the SRT8 models out there , jumping from the GT's price to the GXP's is way to big of a jump , they shoulda kept the price closer to the 35-36k

the LS3 cost wise is probably cheaper than the L92 , from the lack of cyl cut , the 6spd auto is the same , only rear gear change is different in the drivetrain , then the added brembo fronts , and front seats , and mild changes to the suspension

the 6spd manual price im ok with since it is the optional trans and not the standard equipment trans

and whats with the car being out in FEB ????? it was supposed to be in the show rooms already

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:43 PM

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:19 PM
It's a sad day when one has to pay more for a manual trans. Still a cool car, though.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:09 PM
40K?? HAH!

For 40k you could get a nice used Vette with very light miles just to name a car.

Also the Interior looks like a freaking coblat interior, cheap as piss! compared to a 40k bemmer or bense interior it looks horridly cheap.

Pimp looking car though

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:37 PM
40K huh? i would buy my G35 and throw a supercharger on it for less than that. it comes with a 6 speed manual and its hella more classy on the inside....

american car interiors < the rest of the world
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:49 PM
Eff the nay sayers...

I want it..

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:19 PM
what makes it accumulate the gas guzzler tax didn't see that on the camaro's info

Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:48 AM
EcotecSS wrote:what makes it accumulate the gas guzzler tax didn't see that on the camaro's info

i think the auto is supposed to get 10-12 around town and close to 20 on the highway

crazy when you figure out the LS2 gto has close to the same power , was rated at 15-16 around town and 23-24 highway

Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:15 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]even though the car will easily beat the SRT8 models out there , jumping from the GT's price to the GXP's is way to big of a jump , they shoulda kept the price closer to the 35-36k

the LS3 cost wise is probably cheaper than the L92 , from the lack of cyl cut , the 6spd auto is the same , only rear gear change is different in the drivetrain , then the added brembo fronts , and front seats , and mild changes to the suspension

the 6spd manual price im ok with since it is the optional trans and not the standard equipment trans

and whats with the car being out in FEB ????? it was supposed to be in the show rooms already

The GT runs for $32K-35K, so by this being $40K including GGT and destination, it is not a bad deal at all. And the closest competitor... the SRT 300C will run for $46K. So yhea bang for your buck here. And I'm willing to bet it will put up a nice fight with the M5.

LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:40K?? HAH!

For 40k you could get a nice used Vette with very light miles just to name a car.

Also the Interior looks like a freaking coblat interior, cheap as piss! compared to a 40k bemmer or bense interior it looks horridly cheap.

Pimp looking car though

Problem here is the Vette only carries two. But this can be your 4-door base Vette for almost $10K less.

Please don't insult this car by saying it has a Cobalt interior, you really have to look at this car up close, you'll be eating those words. Seriously this has to be the best "put together" GM sedan today.

And "bemmer & bense" has nothing on this, especially when it comes to reliability and performance. Hell... a $50+K v6 E350 still has vinyl as standard equipment, leather is like a $1500 option. POS

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:23 AM
just fyi
it's BENZ not Bense.

sorry that bugged me. Also i think it's a better built and engineered car than the P.O.S. 300 Hemi SRT at a lower price so that's a plus, but it should only be about 1000 to 1500 dollars more than the GT and should come loaded for $40,000, nothing optional. They fail there.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:51 PM
I think they will sell some, but they aren't going to be rushing off showroom floors by any means. 40k is steep. The dealer near me has been sitting on about 8 GT's for a while. I think my friend said the ones he passes has had the same 5 or 6 out for a few months and haven't moved. Probably more in the back lot. Those are only 31k or something.

Still a nice looking car. I really like the room in the car. I think I like the look of the caddy cts better.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Friday, December 19, 2008 9:27 AM
Damn fine car...damn fine! Price is actually really nice considering what you are getting and compared to Benz or BMW with the same equipment! While the quality of American cars once was lacking...they are no longer!

Take a look at the higher end cars being produced today by GM...CTS-V, G8 GXP, ZR1, etc...these are great cars for one heck of a price!

It's just time Americans starting looking again instead of remembering what they saw in the 90s or compare it their econo box of today!

I like and would take one without hesitation...if I were in the market!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, December 19, 2008 10:33 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]even though the car will easily beat the SRT8 models out there , jumping from the GT's price to the GXP's is way to big of a jump , they shoulda kept the price closer to the 35-36k

The GT runs for $32K-35K, so by this being $40K including GGT and destination, it is not a bad deal at all. And the closest competitor... the SRT 300C will run for $46K. So yhea bang for your buck here. And I'm willing to bet it will put up a nice fight with the M5.

LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:40K?? HAH!

Pimp looking car though

Problem here is the Vette only carries two. But this can be your 4-door base Vette for almost $10K less.

Please don't insult this car by saying it has a Cobalt interior, you really have to look at this car up close, you'll be eating those words. Seriously this has to be the best "put together" GM sedan today.

And "bemmer & bense" has nothing on this, especially when it comes to reliability and performance. Hell... a $50+K v6 E350 still has vinyl as standard equipment, leather is like a $1500 option. POS

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. is dead on. The interior rivals most audi's and BMW's. The leather isn't as posh, but the fit and finish is awesome.

One thing people need to realize is that the g8 gt is at ($30k) is already beating Charger/Challenger SRT8 (Starting at $42k) in the 1/4 and all around. Bang for the buck, this is the car to go for in the Large, American, RWD Sedans.

Edmunds has a few decent reviews/comparisons on the G8 GT/GXP and the SRT-8's.

Friday, December 19, 2008 1:43 PM
The way I see it. Their are much better cars out there for the 45K mark. We all know that after all the charges this car will be more towards 43-45k if you want one equipped with a few options.

2009 Infinity G37 Coupe

Base Price $35,900
3.7L V6, 24 valve, 330 hp @ 7000 rpm
7 speed automatic transmission
18 mpg city / 26 mpg hwy

2009 Acura TL w/ Navi

Base Price $36,225
3.2L V6, 24 valve, 258 hp @ 6200 rpm
5 speed automatic transmission
18 mpg city / 26 mpg hwy more info
Green Rating: 60

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8

Base Price $38,679
6.1L V8, 16 valve, 425 hp @ 6200 rpm
5 speed automatic transmission
13 mpg city / 18 mpg hwy more info
Green Rating: 45

2009 Audi A5 Coupe

Well Equipt Price $40,700 (with all lux options like moonroof/navi)
3.2L V6, 24 valve, 265 hp @ 6500 rpm
6 speed manual transmission
16 mpg city / 27 mpg hwy

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search