My tow rig project- old school style - Page 10 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My tow rig project- old school style
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:12 PM
w00t

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:25 PM
I was waiting for an update on this... it's like crack. I keep coming by looking for more.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:55 PM
Mikey (drpdcavi) wrote:I was waiting for an update on this... it's like crack. I keep coming by looking for more.

me too... i go straight to other cars when i get on the computer

Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:53 PM
I like what you did so far with the load star! Looks great!

I know in the first few pages you were wanting to put in a 6bt cummins....i was accually surprised to see that you didnt move the cab back and extend out the hood a lil to fit the cummins. But either way it looks great! Wheres the pictures of it with the trailer?? wanna see what this bish is gunna be pullin. Going to be puttin anything behind the cab?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Friday, January 29, 2010 7:34 AM
Compression Ignition Whore wrote:I like what you did so far with the load star! Looks great!

I know in the first few pages you were wanting to put in a 6bt cummins....i was accually surprised to see that you didnt move the cab back and extend out the hood a lil to fit the cummins. But either way it looks great! Wheres the pictures of it with the trailer?? wanna see what this bish is gunna be pullin. Going to be puttin anything behind the cab?

No pictures with a trailer, the trailer isnt getting built until the truck is done- it will be built to suit my needs. I probably wont get on it till the spring or summer.
There will be a toolbox/storage box behind the cab under the back window and back to the suspesion mounting crossmember.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:23 AM
any more to post up about? I'm wiht the others ^^^I need a my fix for the day

Thursday, February 04, 2010 9:18 AM
DAMN.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, February 05, 2010 9:34 PM
any updates on this yet?

Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:36 PM
I know people get busy but this makes me sad lol

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:10 PM
Bump so people hound you more till you get progress.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:06 PM
im down for bugging you till you update also

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:20 PM
No picture updates right now. Paint is bought, wheels are at the machinist, the girlfriend is working on reupholstering the seat, tires should be ordered soon. Just a matter of getting some time in on final prep for paint. It seems i have only been able to get 1 or 2 nights a week in lately so progress has been terribly slow. Dont worry, i am more looking forward to it being done than anyone, but in the mean time there is life to live as well

_

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:25 PM
true enough... well ill be here waiting when youve got updates

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:34 PM
1997ztwo4 wrote:No picture updates right now. Paint is bought, wheels are at the machinist, the girlfriend is working on reupholstering the seat, tires should be ordered soon. Just a matter of getting some time in on final prep for paint. It seems i have only been able to get 1 or 2 nights a week in lately so progress has been terribly slow. Dont worry, i am more looking forward to it being done than anyone, but in the mean time there is life to live as well

Tell her to: Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, then get my seats finished afterwards woman!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:35 PM
Damn, if i had a truck like this, maybe my coworkers would make fun of me.......as much!

I miss my Sunfire, I want it back!
MMMM, HIDs
You will be missed.
Friday, February 19, 2010 12:39 PM
I just saw this and thats sick. Can't wait to see more progress. Also, might be something to post on street source. Thats more of a mini truck site.
Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:08 PM
did this build die?
Monday, March 08, 2010 5:33 PM
Mr.Fire 254 wrote:did this build die?

Highly doubt it , Im sure we will have updates soon hopefully ..

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Monday, March 08, 2010 5:45 PM
He has customer cars(trucks?) to build, thats what pays the bills.

I miss my Sunfire, I want it back!
MMMM, HIDs
You will be missed.
Monday, March 08, 2010 7:42 PM
The truck is in colour, put the cab on tonight. Grab my camera from my car, dead batteries so no pics but an exciting night to see it come together a bit.
Wheels for the rear are done being machined just need to be cleaned up and polished. Have the rear tires already, waiting on the front tires to come in (by the weekend i should have them) and the front wheels should be done for the weekend as well (but also need cleaning/poishing yet) Waiting on wheels studs and nuts to finish putting adapters together.
In the process of polishing the parts that are beeing reused- grill, headlight bezels etc.
I have gathered most of the rest of the parts already so i can get to some serious reassembly.

The Evil J wrote:He has customer cars(trucks?) to build, thats what pays the bills.

I work as a mechanic by day, but my nights are spent building projects with my brother and a couple friends. Dont do many paying projects at this point as we are concentrating on getting our own stuff done. I havent been spending too much time on it since the truck doesnt get all the attention anyway, there is family and the girlfriend that are much more important.

_

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:17 AM
I didn't realize who was building this. its an Ontario build. Check out minitruckin.ca I am sure the guys there would get a kick out of this. Also theres a mini truck meet and cruise this summer. Details arn't finalized but I figured I would let you know.

Back on topic though, you can't be stating how good it looks without post pictures... thats just mean.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:19 PM
A couple pictures with the cab on.

And how the Z sits (after some of the snow melted)

_

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:00 PM
hell now i want a cool truck to haul my car on!? this truck might get more attention than the cavy!? You are jesus

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:06 PM
i like the color u painted the truck im kinda biaest to yellow hehe
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:02 PM
I can't wait to see this thing around this summer. Maybe at the bash or scrape perhaps?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search