2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze
Monday, November 30, 2009 2:37 PM
No idea, but IIRC this is a global motor so maybe it has to do with raw material availability?

IDK really.

Monday, November 30, 2009 4:30 PM
oldskool wrote:So these power plants are not true ecotecs. They are the Korean DOHC with a plastic valve cover that says "ecotec" and has the exhaust mani in the front of the motor, right?

I cannot believe the did not spring for IRS once again...

I agree, they should have de-stroked or detuned the LNF for fuel economy duty. As it is, i'm getting 30mpg in my solstice gxp with RWD drivetrain loss, about 3100 lbs and poor aero. They could have tuned it to about 200 hp and probably about 35-40 mpg without too much effort...

As for the IRS, I'm at odds with that, as I have pictures with the Astra and IRS being tested, I even posted them up here looong time ago too.

This powerplant are the original Ecotec from Opel/Saab from Europe, if anything the North American Ecotec just adapted the Ecotec name for marketing purpose. Those Korean D-Tec are variation of the Opel version.
This engine has the exhaust at the front and intake at the back.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, November 30, 2009 6:54 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]whats the weight on it ?

Approx: 2843-2899lbs for a N/A engine manual and auto respectively. But don't quote me on that just yet, as that's for the Euro version only and safety standards are different so weight (may) rise. The diesel model weighs in at 3145lbs.

way to kill what could be a fun car , and mileage , with the mileage being the biggest loss

id rather it weigh 24-2500 lbs

Monday, November 30, 2009 7:27 PM
How close is the 1.8 to the 1.8 that is in the Astra? Maybe this will open up the aftermarket support a bit for my Astra...

One can dream.

Monday, November 30, 2009 7:42 PM
^Same engine as your Saturn Astra, there might be a variation on emission tuning and more focused on fuel efficiency.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:25 PM
This will go down as a colossal failure for Government Motors. A cute interior, a very mediocre exterior, and a completely underpowered engine.

Anyone care to compare and contrast the competition for us? Oh, and I just looooove the price too. Guess if you want a new GM car for under $15k, you'll be driving a Daewoo.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:58 PM
ScottaWhite wrote:This will go down as a colossal failure for Government Motors. A cute interior, a very mediocre exterior, and a completely underpowered engine.

Anyone care to compare and contrast the competition for us? Oh, and I just looooove the price too. Guess if you want a new GM car for under $15k, you'll be driving a Daewoo.

If you say so.

This car could be world class and you'd still bitch because it's from GM.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 9:11 AM
Until GM ups the power I'm going to have to agree with Scott (is there an asteroid about to hit the earth? LOL) that this will probably be another failure. Does anybody else hate the steering wheel designs GM's using these days:

WTF is up with the silver V

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 9:45 AM
HUGE failure. I also agree. It has nothing to do with being a GM basher. . IIt's hard numbers, the car is a serious under performer compared to the competition. If this car was marketed as competition against the class of cars like the Hyundai Accent, Toyota Yaris, and Honda Fit, this car would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But it's not it's being pitted against cars much better than it in fit, finish, performance and the like. (i.e. Civic, Corolla, Focus, Elantra, etc)

This car is a bomb right out of the gates.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 12:25 PM
Performance will be on far with the other "base" economy cars and this segment isn't all about that.

Most of the people buying these will buying it for the mpg's, and the fact that it comes with alot of stuff standard.

We're enthusiast so we see it differently, but looking at it from a mass point of view I see this being a hit
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 12:35 PM
And why in the name of Bhudda, does every chevrolet car have the exact same FREAKING front end? Malibu, impala, this turd. all the same. Oooh, big fat cross beam grill. seeeeeeeeeeexy

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 12:58 PM
ScottaWhite wrote:And why in the name of Bhudda, does every chevrolet car have the exact same FREAKING front end? Malibu, impala, this turd. all the same. Oooh, big fat cross beam grill. seeeeeeeeeeexy

The Chevy marketing geniuses 5+years back thought the cross beam grille ala Chevy Trucks would differentiate them from everything else.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:29 AM
Autoblog is reporting insider talk of an SS.

I believe they are trying to match the competition spec.

Coupe?

Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:51 AM
They de-tuned the 2.0 turbo for the new Regal, (200 hp/ 30mpg). Seems to me they could have used the same engine set up for this car. It just seems to me, they are shooting only for high mpg, everything else be _______ed.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:02 PM
They put a 2.0 turbo in the astra in europe...Had the sold a car like that here, I would bet many would have enjoyed it.

Friday, December 04, 2009 1:49 AM
Still heavier and lower mileage than a Corolla. I almost like it, but I cant get over that steering wheel. It looks like someone circled a bad goatee and made it out of plastic. I also don't like the excessive amount of buttons in the centre console. How much do you need to do while you're driving? If you need all those buttons, you need to watch what you're doing more...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, December 04, 2009 11:32 AM
C. Stormy Tan wrote:Still heavier and lower mileage than a Corolla. I almost like it, but I cant get over that steering wheel. It looks like someone circled a bad goatee and made it out of plastic. I also don't like the excessive amount of buttons in the centre console. How much do you need to do while you're driving? If you need all those buttons, you need to watch what you're doing more...

Come again?

Since when did the Corolla get 40mpg's or better?

The current Cobalt is heavier than the Cruze and get's better mpg's than the Corolla.
Friday, December 04, 2009 12:34 PM
Lets put it into perspective as in interior/ luggage room.
2011 Cruze Passenger Volume 95 cu-ft, Luggage Volume 15 cu-ft

From EPA...

Chevrolet----I put it so you can compare the improvement ESPECIALLY from the tiny Cobalt.
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt 4-door: 86 cu-ft, 14cu-ft
2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4-door: 92 cu-ft, 14 cu-ft
2010 Chevrolet Aveo 4-door sedan: 91cu-ft,12 cu-ft

Dodge
2010 Caliber: 95 cu-ft, 19 cu-ft

Ford
2010 Focus: 93 cu-ft, 14 cu-ft

Honda
2010 Civic: 91 cu-ft, 12 cu-ft

Hyundai
2010 Elantra 98 cu-ft, 14 cu-ft

Kia
2010 Forte 97 cu-ft, 15 cu-ft

Mazda
2010 3: 94 cu-ft,12 cu-ft

Mitsubishi
2010 Lancer: 93 cu-ft, 10 cu-ft

Nissan
2010 Sentra: 97 cu-ft, 13 cu-ft

Toyota
2010 Corolla: 92 cu-ft, 12 cu-ft

VW
2010 Jetta: 91 cu-ft, 16 cu-ft

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, January 07, 2010 7:54 PM
Yes, this is the Astra... BUT the chassis will be shared with the Cruze. About 3-4 years ago GM was testing out a IRS for the chassis, turns out it's the Watt's linkage. Looking closely, it looks well engineered. Finally a a rear suspension that has progressed, not like Cobalt / ION that went back with a 2nd gen J-body twist-beam. This setup, looks to control the bump-steer a lot better.
Onward with the vids.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, January 08, 2010 12:06 PM
please if there is a god, let there be a 2 door LNF model

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, January 11, 2010 4:17 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:please if there is a god, let there be a 2 door LNF model
I would gladly "settle" for an LNF model with any number of doors

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:51 PM
Look what MT is saying on a "SS"... Clicky!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:52 PM
I like that!

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:56 PM
wow that looks mean and aggressive......I like alot

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:34 PM
Is that a GM concept, or an MT photoshop?

In either case, it has potential.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search