2011 Chevrolet Aveo RS Show Car - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo RS Show Car
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:13 AM
Update from GM:

-Full production Aveo world debuts at Paris Motor Show
-Dynamic design stays true to show car concept
-New Aveo to be launched in summer 2011
-Comprehensive engine line-up includes 1.3 liter diesel engine and 6-speed transmissions
-Aveo is one of four Chevrolet world premieres at the Paris Motor Show

There is no shortage of world firsts for Chevrolet at the forthcoming Paris Motor Show, and joining the Orlando MPV and Cruze hatchback show car will be the eagerly awaited Chevrolet Aveo 5-door, which like the Orlando makes its world production debut.

The Aveo RS show car was displayed at the Detroit and Geneva motor shows earlier in 2010, and with the final production-ready model, Chevrolet has a car that looks every bit as good as the earlier concept.

Entering the highly competitive global small car segment, striking design elements of the new Chevrolet Aveo include the aggressive looking front with its exposed twin-headlamps and dual port grille, compact taut body panels with a rising shoulder line and short rear overhangs, the 'hidden' rear door handles which now feature in the c-pillar and a 'body in, wheels out' profile which is now very much part of the new Chevrolet design language.

Reminiscent of the recently introduced Spark, the new Aveo is unquestionably a car that will appeal to younger customers with its sporty hot-hatch look. A four-door sedan variant will launch alongside the hatch next summer. Both hatch and sedan are practical small cars with good interior space and Chevrolet expects the new Aveo also to appeal to families, for whom the current model has been a popular purchase.

The new Chevrolet Aveo has benefited from an extensive development program, resulting in a small car that will meet European drivers’ tastes both in terms of design and dynamics. Final specifications of the new Aveo will be carefully tailored to each European market.

Wayne Brannon, president and managing director of Chevrolet Europe says: "It's just such an exciting time to be at Chevrolet; not only do we have new entries into the MPV and compact classes, in Aveo we have a car which is ready to compete against the best in the small car segment, which is also Europe's largest segment."

The new Aveo is longer and wider than the current model, giving it a spacious interior and cargo volume that is among best in class. The interior design perhaps holds even more surprises than the outside, in particular the motorcycle-inspired instrument binnacle which features an analogue tachometer combined with a digital speedo and warning lights.

Up-market blue backlighting features on the center console while the whole of the front cabin is enveloped in a wrap-round fascia. This can be color-coded and flows from the dash into both the driver's and front passenger’s doors. Aveo customers will appreciate the quality materials used in the interior as well as multiple storage spaces in the center stack and the modern audio system with USB, aux-in and Bluetooth functionality.

Reflecting the little Chevrolet’s sporty personality, Aveo has been engineered to provide involving handling, a characteristic which stems partly from its tight body frame integral (BFI) structure where high torsional rigidity has been achieved - among the stiffest in the small car segment.

The new Aveo's chassis has been fine tuned to satisfy European tastes with a ride and handling ratio that combines comfort with responsiveness. Electronic power steering (EPS), Electronic stability control (ESC) and ABS brakes will be standard.

A comprehensive range of four cylinder petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new Chevrolet Aveo, incorporating the latest technologies such as variable valve timing, double continuous variable cam phasing and common rail fuel injection for the diesels.

The petrol engine range includes two 1.2 liter versions (at 70 hp and at 86hp), a 1.4 liter unit (100 hp) and a 1.6 liter (115hp). For the first time, Aveo will be offered with two versions of a 1.3 liter diesel engine (at 75 hp and at 95 hp) featuring Start/Stop technology.

Chevrolet's first 6-speed automatic transmission on a small car will feature on the Aveo 1.4 and 1.6 as an option in most markets; manual transmissions are of 5 or 6 speed depending on engine choice.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:54 AM
i cannot believe i am saying this, but i actually like that car. i think the engine will need more juice *i always do* but considering the cars it compares to like the fit, it is not too far off.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:14 PM
Throw a LNF with a 6 speed in there, and take over the world....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:19 PM
And bam, all the features that made that car hot are now gone, well done GM... sigh...........

Werd on the LNF and 6 speed.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:09 PM
did daewoo not make this one? the interior actually looks 'GM'....

I feel like taking a tinkle on an ecNOtec...
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:23 PM
i like the interior, but the engine just needs more before i would buy, but as mentioned i am not the typical consumer looking for mileage. if i wanted that i would get a 92 tercel or 89 civic

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:31 PM
guys... the thing prolly weighs 2200 pounds fully loaded. that 110hp is going to be pretty peppy for it.

I feel like taking a tinkle on an ecNOtec...
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:09 PM
I highly doubt that, not with all the electronics and air bags new cars are expected to have... the day of the small light car is slowly dieing to safety regulations.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:21 PM
I will let you know what they look like when I see the preproduction ones arrive in the plant. So far its just doors and rear hatchs/declklids.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:06 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:I highly doubt that, not with all the electronics and air bags new cars are expected to have... the day of the small light car is slowly dieing to safety regulations.

thats funny,
we want you going green and driving more efficient cars, we have raised cafe standards, now before you design the car of the future (clunk clang crash squish) make sure all this gets in there too.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:33 AM
Huh,

The ball'n'chain just got a 09 ( shes 20 and its her first car), but I kinda wish she waited it out and got the new one. It's funny to me that they went with the sport bike gauge cluster. Oooo there is some more speed right there.

With her car POS comes to mind. I have a feeling that car is about to fall apart and it only has 30,000km on it.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:11 PM
"Timing for retooling Orion Assembly for Aveo production is anticipated to begin in late 2010. "

Just noticed this. I have been there since July and the job was already going when I got there. The first preproduction shell came in. Its hard to tell but from what I can see, it looks damn close to the pics (just the main shell right now).

Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:45 PM
drop in a Saab Ecotec turbo and 6spd... ka-chow!!

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, September 18, 2010 11:23 PM
The car is OKAY, for a hairdresser or for college girls to pack into and blast Kesha' out the probobly gritty sound system.

Is it me or does Chevy really subtract any endearing or noteworthy design and mechanical elements from there cars from concept to production?

I've never understood this, as they would have banked heavliy on there concpet designs. I hate to say it, but a "KIA Koupe" seems more.... everything compared to this and its a KIA. I'm sure this design principal is open to a larger target demographic, but its seems like blatant idiocy to keep making the same mistakes and expect to not have peoples faces in there palms.

Come on Chevy... atleast utilize projector and Zenon lighting rather than your archaic reflector and halogen systems now for starters.

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Saturday, September 18, 2010 11:28 PM
*Xenon

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:30 AM
i dont understand how ppl get a hard on for this ugly little egg and dont like the cruze?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:32 PM
Damn! Talk about watered down! It's even worse than I was expecting.

As usual, GM does a good job on the concept cars but the production versions are dog @!#$. It's not even close to the car I see on the first page of this thread. I wasn't even sure if I was in the good thread. lol
Friday, December 10, 2010 9:56 AM
No more Aveo... At least in North America.
The latest from GM...

Chevrolet announced today that its all-new, U.S. built small car will be called the Chevrolet Sonic in North America.

“The Sonic represents a new beginning for Chevrolet in the small car segment and so we felt it was time to give it a new name,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet U.S. Marketing. “The new car is roomy, stylish and fun to drive, and Sonic is a youthful, energetic name that helps convey what this vehicle is about.”

The small car will carry the Sonic name in Canada, Mexico and the United States. Production of the Sonic begins in 2011 at GM’s Orion Assembly Center in Michigan, which received a $545-million investment in upgrades and retooling, and will help restore approximately 1,000 jobs in the metropolitan Detroit area.

The vehicle will continue to be called Aveo in other parts of the world, where it will be sold in more than 50 countries.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:01 AM
idiots.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:05 AM
Honestly, I'm glad they dropped the name Aveo, with how horrible the first gens are I wouldn't want to be driving around in a second gen no matter how good it is.

I like the name too. Lets hope its offered T/C.

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:27 AM
try saying that 3 times fast.........lol

chevy sonic
oh sorry

chevrolet sonic

Friday, December 10, 2010 11:21 AM
Sonic, seriously of all the names they could've pulled out of their asses. They could've even reused one of the older names they hadn't in years; Metro, Sprint, Prizm etc...

Friday, December 10, 2010 11:24 AM
Im craving a milkshake and tater tots now......

Friday, December 10, 2010 12:46 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Im craving a milkshake and tater tots now......

LMAO. and a raspberry slushie.

Why not the Chevy Sprint? They were good cars.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, December 10, 2010 1:12 PM
A turd by any other name would still taste as nasty...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search