Helped a buddy install a procharger - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Helped a buddy install a procharger
Monday, April 12, 2010 9:38 PM
About 2 weeks ago I installed a procharger on a friends 2009 Challenger R/T. He knows nothing of cars and I've never touched a supercharger before..and procharger sent us instructions for the SRT-8..but after about 14 hours we were totally done.

Anyway, yesterday was the first time I'd seen him since the install. He got it dyno'd. Still running rich(10.5:1) it was making 420 hp and 440 tq...pretty damn impressive. He gave me a quick ride in it too.

There's a road about a 1/4 mile behind my place of work that's owned by the hospital...he backed it up there and gunned it..It's been a LOONGG time since I've been in a fast car..It scared the @!#$ out of me being in the passenger seat..I had no clue he was going to floor it all the way but god damn was it scary as @!#$..He got it up to around 100 mph before he hit the breaks..Overall all I can say is it was amazing.

I still feel really bad that I soiled his seats but they're leather..should be an easy clean up.

I wish I had some pictures of it but damn was it awesome....What's the fastest car you guys have been in? In high school I had a buddy that had a 911 twin turbo and he let me beat on it one night..It's been a long time but this car certainly felt faster..although I'm not actually sure which is. My buddy is curious what times it'll run in the 1/4 mile..he really wants to go but it scheduled to work every weekend and that's the only time the track is open.

Re: Helped a buddy install a procharger
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:46 AM
Sounds like a good time, my old lady would kill to have an srt8 challenger.

The fastest car was my buddy kevin's 03 cobra had a vt engine with 2.8H KB on it, dyno'd 701hp on 100 oct. The link is to his video's on fire.net
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/548455.htm

The fastest truck was the 96 383 swapped s10, ran 11.4's all motor but never made it down the track with the 275 dp fogger. This thing was a blast to drive daily, we don't have any video's of it other than a short clip from the link posted above where we fly by the cobra in the left lane.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:49 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Sounds like a good time, my old lady would kill to have an srt8 challenger.

The fastest car was my buddy kevin's 03 cobra had a vt engine with 2.8H KB on it, dyno'd 701hp on 100 oct. The link is to his video's on fire.net

The fastest truck was the 96 383 swapped s10, ran 11.4's all motor but never made it down the track with the 275 dp fogger. This thing was a blast to drive daily, we don't have any video's of it other than a short clip from the link posted above where we fly by the cobra in the left lane.

Lol holy crap. That video was awesome. I bet that S10 was crazy.

That Challenger is a really nice car. I just can't believe he put a supercharger on it when it only has like 12K miles on it.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:13 AM
Nice stuff. Boost on a V8 is pure win.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:14 AM
thats pretty sweet.....ive seen this kit installed on a challenger

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/162

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:15 AM

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:21 AM
fastest car ive ever driven was my 71 duster with a 440 best time was 9.8 i had to sell it back in the day when i moved from washington to florida...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:32 AM

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:29 AM
I know someone that added a procharger to a couple of those.
It seemed to work out well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJ4yctSQWI

Really picked the Challengers game up.

An NA car did nothing for me. Made the right sunds. but the boosted car reminded me of my pals well done 44o cuda, back in the day.

I'm pretty sure a late model 911 T is faster. If only because it can hook on anything. The Procharged Challenger just smoked, and smoked, and smmoked the tires as long as you wanted too. I'm glad my pal took me for a boot.

Challenger+boost=muscke car!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:06 PM
A buddy of mine just bought a 2010 Challenger R/T and he's already getting the fever and wanting me to help him do some stuff to it. I might have to show him a few videos...lol
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:46 PM
Trevor Blesh wrote:A buddy of mine just bought a 2010 Challenger R/T and he's already getting the fever and wanting me to help him do some stuff to it. I might have to show him a few videos...lol

Please don't encourage it, lol. I kept asking him over and over and over if he was sure he wanted to do this...he paid a ton of money for that car, and it's basically all he's really got..as far as possessions go...I'm not sure if it's balls or stupidity but I admire it.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:33 AM
Hellion179 wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:Sounds like a good time, my old lady would kill to have an srt8 challenger.

Lol holy crap. That video was awesome. I bet that S10 was crazy.

That Challenger is a really nice car. I just can't believe he put a supercharger on it when it only has like 12K miles on it.

My buddy swapped motors in his 03 at 15k iirc....on a side note, you see the silver cavi in one of the vid's at the track....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:41 AM
14 hours isnt too bad if you have never done it before, usually most installs even done by the pros are at least 8-10 hours

I hate riding anywhere with other people even with moderately fast cars, I just hate not being in control, Ive almost shiat myself several times riding with Phil (QBE)

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:02 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:14 hours isnt too bad if you have never done it before, usually most installs even done by the pros are at least 8-10 hours

I hate riding anywhere with other people even with moderately fast cars, I just hate not being in control, Ive almost shiat myself several times riding with Phil (QBE)

um yeah x2. and Phils famous "dont worry I took a racecar class" before he rips 80mph around a tight ass turn..

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:08 AM
This is my best friends dad's car.

It's a Procharged 1988 Ford Thunderbird. Keep in mind this thing has a full interior, everything works, and he uses drag radials and not slicks. PLUS it's fully street legal and street driven.
Last year they went to have it dynoed and blew up a shops dyno when it hit over 1800 whp.

I have seen him run numerous times, and this car This thing is nothing short of amazing. It was on Pinks all out last year in Memphis. He didn't do that great at pink's but he had a blast.
His fastest time is a 7.6x , I have seen it run a 7.8x and his goal for this year is 200 mph

I will try to get some videos this summer, since I will be living at the track.

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Monday, April 19, 2010 11:27 AM
i worked on the indianapolis colts tony ugoh's charger and he's got a procharger and a sick set-up, dropped about 8,500 in wheels and tires alone... pure win sounds like a million bucks
charger build/dyno video
he's a real nice guy... got to talkin to him and he was in for some rims and tires for his 2010 vette, he said this vette is going to get a similar build with an lsx block and twin turbos

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search