Jeffie can haz beater? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jeffie can haz beater?
Monday, June 07, 2010 5:45 PM
2001 Saturn SL1 5 speed 1 owner car with all maintenance records and a clean title best part is only paid $1k for it

Thing is in amazing shape surprised the hell out of me when i first went to look at it.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Re: Jeffie can haz beater?
Monday, June 07, 2010 6:34 PM
Saturn > Jbody personally. never rusts!!! I like my 99 saturn. Here's a picture of me rallycrossing mine

Monday, June 07, 2010 7:10 PM
Isn't that a SL, not SL1?
Either way sweet, probably the most advanced GM compact made. Those cars are as solid as expecting the sun to rise. Icing on the cake was $1K price tag, damn.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:41 AM
Its purple.... on a side note i love saturns. i had a 99 sc2 for a while was a great car.
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:51 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:Saturn > Jbody personally. never rusts!!! I like my 99 saturn. Here's a picture of me rallycrossing mine

HAHA you were actually the first person that came to mind when I saw this thing for sale.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Isn't that a SL, not SL1?
Either way sweet, probably the most advanced GM compact made. Those cars are as solid as expecting the sun to rise. Icing on the cake was $1K price tag, damn.

SL1 just without the automatic, and I do think I got a hell of a deal I was amazed how well taken care of the car was when I first saw it in person.

1800ccS13 wrote:Its purple.... on a side note i love saturns. i had a 99 sc2 for a while was a great car.

Im still trying to decide what color it actually is its a silver/tan/greenish look to it depending on the light. I'll be checking the paint code one of these days cause it bugs me so much not knowing haha.

I <3 JGM
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:29 AM
Welcome to the saturn club.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:42 AM
Dent resistance panel dont dent, they shatter. Remember that. My little bro has a green 98 SL2 and it keeps on going. The junkyard is its best friend.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:51 AM
Tinkles wrote:Dent resistance panel dont dent, they shatter. Remember that. My little bro has a green 98 SL2 and it keeps on going. The junkyard is its best friend.

Oh I know very well tina had a 98 that we put up over 300k, only ever cracked one panel by me putting my foot thru it lol.

That little thing refused to die it got driven around with no oil and no coolant for months hell she even took it to e-town weekly to try and blow it up and it never quit.

Then turned and sold it for more then I paid on this one

I <3 JGM

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:45 AM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Isn't that a SL, not SL1?

SL1 just without the automatic, and I do think I got a hell of a deal I was amazed how well taken care of the car was when I first saw it in person.

Really?
When it had that design of a hub cap, it usually meant it was a SL. Also the SLs only came with manual. Pre 2002 didn't come with power steering, oddly some had them as special order item. I usually could tell when they were SLs by the cloth they used.
Either way, they're fun to drive and only have to go to the gas station like once a month.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:51 AM
Yea its gonna be nice on the fuel bill thats for sure.

I <3 JGM

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 11:58 AM
LOL/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ mine wasn't Saturn did make a few black sheep from their slow catagory. Redlines.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 12:16 PM
nice pickup... my g/f has a 2001 SL2 and its been a really good car only recently has she had to put any money into...

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:41 AM
NightmaresCavy wrote:LOL/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ mine wasn't Saturn did make a few black sheep from their slow catagory. Redlines.

You're just a show off

This week is killing me I want to get its plates but no way in hell to make it to the DMV during the week

I <3 JGM

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:59 AM
Actually i don't have a single picture of it. I f you come up again i let you have a ride. I love the whine but i miss my Z. The kid i sold it to is killing it. The guys brother in law said it best about my z when i let him test drive it. "this thing is nuts i would have never expectesd a cavalier let alone a 4 door to perform like that. I just wants to tear those tires apart." I LOL and he handed me 3.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:04 AM
I think its your turn to travel

But yea we got some pretty quick redlines in JGM. Matts is just shy of 300 to the wheels now its great fun.

I <3 JGM

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:10 AM
I call RICE!!!!!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:16 AM
Mines stock. I just like the whine.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:25 AM
They do make fun little cars thats for sure.

I was looking at them for awhile but had to get something more practical and less likely hood of me modding

I <3 JGM

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:28 AM
Mine replaced the cavy so modding was ok. and i got it for 3 under KBB. i paid 7 for it out the door with 90k on it. the valve train looks brand new. You neew to sell my spare eco tranny. like my old one you did.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:35 AM
Cute!
Do the brake lights work?

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:35 AM
HAHAHAHA

I'm demanding a cut this time for being sales broker lol

I <3 JGM

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:36 AM
stargrrrl wrote:Cute!
Do the brake lights work?

Yup yup everything on it works like new.

I even got a chance to crawl under it and found no signs of any leaks of any kind. This car has me amazed still.

I <3 JGM

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:35 PM
hey if gets money in my pocket. This always comes to mind when seeing a Sl version saturn

P.S. i really need a new sig.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:48 PM
i kinda wish i could find a nice SW2

that is a clean score for 1k !!! jeffie did GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

i though the SL's and 1's had non-painted bumpers ?

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:02 PM
ive had to do quarters onthese cars best swap ever. one time lady came in with a busted pass side and car was ready 20mins later she was like what??? i love the bolt on design. nyc cabs used to be like this they can prepainted and all. ready to get back on road asap. nice score jeffie.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search