Unbelievable S2000 for sale on Craigslist. Gotta see this. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Unbelievable S2000 for sale on Craigslist. Gotta see this.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:57 AM
http://saginaw.craigslist.org/ctd/1782590347.html

Oops. Turns out I cant have it at this price.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Unbelievable S2000 for sale on Craigslist. Gotta see this.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:01 AM
No way, if thats real, I'd travel to go pick it up NAOW

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:07 AM
im calling shenanigans....seems to good to be true

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:20 AM
the Jew wrote:im calling shenanigans....seems to good to be true

Yep... I didn't know that S2000's came with / In SOHC?
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:25 AM
There's a sucker born every minute....

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:53 AM
definitely a hoax
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:07 AM
Like Hell!

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:39 AM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:There's a sucker born every minute....

Truth. Thats craigslist for you. You think you're getting an S2K for $2700, but you're just gonna end up getting surprise buttsecks.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:24 AM
God almighty.... I know that was at best, a typo.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:52 PM
Is there a $3,000 limit for penalties for ripping people off? Every time I see something that is clearly a ripoff, it's just under $3,000.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:07 PM
Title jumper.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:23 AM
twiztidhybrid wrote:Is there a $3,000 limit for penalties for ripping people off? Every time I see something that is clearly a ripoff, it's just under $3,000.

Cause $3K for a used car is feasible to some extent. No one is going to jump and pay $10K or $15K right away and the scam wont work. The same guy probably has multiple accounts and uses low amounts like $2K, $3K, $5K, etc to make what he wants.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:34 PM
hell, if its stolen then $2700 is pure profit

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Thursday, July 01, 2010 6:18 AM
You wont have to pay if he's dead, just sayin'

Thursday, July 01, 2010 4:24 PM
wow guys. Been living under a rock? This is one of the oldest scams on CL. It is some Nigerian that uses a CL ad template and posts in almost the same exact price every time. They have been doing it forever, and it's not a big mystery. It isn't a stolen car, it's a stolen list of information pasted into a template with an email address that goes to some Nigerian in a hut on a computer. How in the @!#$ have none of you seen this or had any idea what it was??

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, July 01, 2010 5:08 PM
^ thank you. craigslist scam ads are a daily occurrence. why is this thread-worthy?

Check out my build thread!

Friday, July 02, 2010 12:52 AM
lol reminds me of back when i wanted a yamaha R1 pretty bad. id scour ebay and always find a few in excellent condition with low miles that were like new, and id email them. every single time i would get an email back with one of 3 stories: the bike is in greece, even though its listed as being in the us. #1 his wife had a death in the family and they are over seas in greece tending to funeral arrangements, and for some reason even though they are there temp he brought the bike over there with them.#2 it was his brothers bike and he died in a car wreck in greece and he is currently taking care of funeral arrangements and the bike is there in greece #3 he is in the military and got recently stationed in greece and brought the bike with him and never rides it so he decided to sell it and the bike is currently in greece. Every single one of the situations they wanted to be wired the $3,000 and then when the received it they would ship the bike for free to me , with the title. they always wanted to handle the money outside of ebay, and outside of paypal. the saddest thing is i found literally +50 auctions on ebay over a period of a few months and sometimes several auctions going at once under different usernames and would recieve the same stories word for word at the same time and it was always those same 3 stories recycled over and over and over!
Friday, July 02, 2010 1:47 AM
I especially like the fact that its posted in Saginaws craigslist(as well as many others im sure) with a big ass texas flag in the background. The pictures are from a car dealership in texas that sells cars on Ebay. I've seen a lot of cars for sale from the same place on ebay.

As a matter of fact, this car already sold for over 14K Right here on ebay

Bottom line is, if it sounds too good to be true. It is.

Saturday, July 03, 2010 3:37 AM
Saved my neighbor from getting scammed yesterday. He had the western union form already filled out. Where they got him was the use of a Spoof Ebay Site with Working address's. I didnt think anything of it at first because it was for a 7 year old honda, but then i saw the ebay support e-mail address...So yeah people still fall for it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search