Motor swap or New Car? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Motor swap or New Car?
Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:31 AM
Being an Evolution VIII owner I can tell you they are fun and easy to mod but coming from an IS 300 I don't think your girl would like the feel every bump in the road and no tourqe then sudden whiplash spool of an evo. Not trying to say it is anything to do with her just that it would be night and day difference because it is not what she is used to. The Subaru might be a better idea. I hear they are more comfortable and have a smoother power delivery.

One more thing if you do get an evo get a IX. The only thing better about the 8 is the look of the front bumper which can be interchanged.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: Motor swap or New Car?
Monday, October 11, 2010 12:14 PM
I don't know.... if insurance paid for most of the paint i would say get a newer car. If the car has 200k miles that means the struts and everything else have 200k and it's like all of us, she isn't getting any younger. Haha.

My friend just got a 2010 WRX and he LOVVVVEEESSS it.... but then again he went to that from a base model Cobalt. Haha. I am a big fan of Subarus and almost bought a 08 or 09 Impreza (base with the alloys and power options and such) for 12.5k.... and it was a 5 speed. i kinda regret not getting itnow... lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search