TVS 2.4 Ion Build - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TVS 2.4 Ion Build
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:42 PM
So far I have:
Harrop Eaton TVS (HTV1320)-LSJ Supercharger
OTTP Throttle Body Spacer and Buick Rainier LS4) 3" Throttle Body With Meth Injection and DevilsOwn Kit
Pacesetter header
Header-back 3" exhaust Magnaflow Muffler
OTTP Ported cut and polished stock intake manifold
OTTP Dual Pass Endplate
OTTP T-304 Stainless Steel Intake Polished with filter
OTTP Heat Exchanger Kit
80lb Siemens injectors with OTTP harness
AEM UEGO Wideband

Picked up mounting brackets and bolts, stock h/e, hoses etc. Thinking E85 as the TVS on an LSJ needs more octane and with my higher compression timing is going to be an issue.

Just waiting for my car to get out of the body shop stupid women hit me. Then I have to find a Tuner or buy HPTPro and try to work at it myself.

SS/TC FE5 fronts and rears, and a little something from Canada Eh? Wheels I traded for some 16s I still have to paint them. 235/45/17 Falkens. Should be my winter wheels. Fronts should settle more 2finger gap, rear 1 and a half in rear but @!#$s is in the trunk.

Stupid driver!

SSBC Fronts and Rear Brakes are next on my list...

Re: TVS 2.4 Ion Build
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:47 PM
very nice list!!!! should make her scoot nicely.

Underdog Racing
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:22 PM
i liked your old wheels better... can't wait to see how this progresses though!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:38 PM
strat81 wrote:i liked your old wheels better... can't wait to see how this progresses though!

Me too but I had to sell them to buy all the TVS etc... might buy them again lol.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:10 PM
Rob Weis (RobsCavZ24) wrote:
strat81 wrote:i liked your old wheels better... can't wait to see how this progresses though!

Me too but I had to sell them to buy all the TVS etc... might buy them again lol.

If we're talking about the bronze ones, i agree. Bronze looks AMAZING on your car. your saturn is by far my favorite. nice work.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:13 PM
Nice mine is no longer alive.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:48 PM
I love it man but the first thing i thought was that i liked the older rimsbetter... though those rims don't look bad by any means imo.

I love my friends mom base ION.... fun little car that gets great MPGs.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:28 AM
I am getting new rims, and these will probably get painted the same color. I had to sell them to afford the TVS these are going to be winter wheels as my stock 16s wont fit over the front and rear SSBC Big Brake kit.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:15 AM
That sounds like a good idea. Im doing the same thing with my stock 16s.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:51 PM
Verry clean.I like.
Friday, October 22, 2010 4:57 AM
I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I have a similar build going, but my static compression ratio is about a half a point higher (L61 head on an LE5 bottom end). Although i'm also cammed, so dynamic c/r may be close. Anyways, E85 would be ideal, but i'd love to see you get it running on pump gas/ water/meth. Start wit a lage pulley, like 3.5" and work down from there. That's my plan anyways I would expect 300whp to be achievable w/o too much trouble

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:57 PM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I have a similar build going, but my static compression ratio is about a half a point higher (L61 head on an LE5 bottom end). Although i'm also cammed, so dynamic c/r may be close. Anyways, E85 would be ideal, but i'd love to see you get it running on pump gas/ water/meth. Start wit a lage pulley, like 3.5" and work down from there. That's my plan anyways I would expect 300whp to be achievable w/o too much trouble

I have the stock 3.1" pulley and a 2.5" the guy was running on his SS/SC I'm hoping to just use the 3.1" conservatively and see what happens, if it ends up being too much I will go larger. 300whp should be cake and I don't think 400whp+ is unrealistic with proper tuning and higher flowing head. I just sold a 2.0 LSJ ported head for the guy I bought the stuff from and I have a LSJ Block with 10:1 Diamond Pistons as well I need to get rid of. I would have more done but my car is getting out of the body shop tomorrow from the stupid accident.

This build in a sense is and ode to my 01 Z24, both 2.4 Auto's both Supercharged, but the Ion will surpass the Z24 for sure. I want to buy Jeremy's car (Ian Lacey's old show car) and have another vehicle and one daily stout car and a full out project.

I have a projector retrofit I need to finish and finish my suede and blue/black plaid interior with the Reacaro's already in there. We have quite a few E85 stations in Michigan, but I run 93 already so it wouldn't be a change in cost really, just more power and less mpg....

I am just waiting patiently to get all this on!!!

Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:47 AM
My fingures are crossed for north of 300whp for you on 10.4:1 c/r.

Dude, even if you get the 3.1" pulley on and tuned, and want more, i would NOT go 2.5" on the TVS lol. Even on E85 or race fuel, it's gonna heat up badly.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:38 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:My fingures are crossed for north of 300whp for you on 10.4:1 c/r.

Dude, even if you get the 3.1" pulley on and tuned, and want more, i would NOT go 2.5" on the TVS lol. Even on E85 or race fuel, it's gonna heat up badly.

Lol not going to touch the 2.5 I have both because the guy I bought it from was running a 2.5" on his SS/SC

Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:34 PM
Just use a 700cc nozzle and 2.5 will be fine!!

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:20 PM

I have DevilsOwn Meth Kit and nozzles for it and NAWWWZZZZ in the TB Spacer!
Cut open and ported with dual pass OTTP Manifold, 3" header back with Magnaflow muffler, picking up 1 maybe 2 Moroso Spiralflows

Picked up HPTunersPro today, realtime and datalogging FTW!!!

Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:17 PM
Nom nom nom.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:23 PM
I am very skeptical on 400. A guy at the bash with the TVS fully ported head, 3 inch exhaust, meth and the whole nine yards only put down 310... (284 on dyno dynamics) another 100 whp from .4L is a LONG shot. He was also running a very aggressive tune and very small pulley. 2.7 iirc

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, October 29, 2010 1:13 AM
I've seen dynos from LSJs from years ago pushing 375+ with minimal mods with the TVS. I don't claim to know what I will put down but .4L and higher compression ratio also LE5 belt setup changes numbers drastically. Even just an M62 on a 2.4 show Damn good numbers on low psi. I am just hoping to make over 300 and if I can get over 400 that would be awesome. There are vidz of the 2.2 eco cav TVS running 300+whp and running 12.2 at 13x.or something. For now just wishes and hopes!

Friday, October 29, 2010 4:56 AM
I absolutely love where this is going

Friday, October 29, 2010 5:15 AM
LE5 belt set up? It's different, even if you use all LSJ take-off parts?

Friday, October 29, 2010 6:06 AM
Im a little confused. Are you a Redline or a stock coupe with redline bumpers?

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Friday, October 29, 2010 8:03 AM
OEM wrote:Im a little confused. Are you a Redline or a stock coupe with redline bumpers?

Neither.... my car is a 2.4L with the "Sport Appearance Package" which was only available when you got the 2.4. My car was purchased new the only options it didn't have was leather and the "Advanced Audio System" although it did have the 6disc indash changer. I have put Recaros in it and have the leather steering wheel and IRL door panels.

I may have had a 4am brain fart but I know that I have seen the 2.4 balts running different PSI using the M62 but I forget why. They are working on my roof now and my head is pounding so I will have to rethink after vicoden and when I haven't just woke up! Lol

Friday, October 29, 2010 8:10 AM
I'll help you lol - the 2.4 runs less boost on a given pulley because of the 20% more displacement vs the LSJ. It makes more power on a given pulley because of the lack of restriction this extra displacement affords, and also because of higher compression ratio and variable cam angle.

Friday, October 29, 2010 8:20 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:I'll help you lol - the 2.4 runs less boost on a given pulley because of the 20% more displacement vs the LSJ. It makes more power on a given pulley because of the lack of restriction this extra displacement affords, and also because of higher compression ratio and variable cam angle.

(Chris Farley in Billy Madison) "That is correct" that's what I was thinking of lol. Which also means that it will make more power with less rpms of the blower spinning resulting in less heatsoak issues.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search