TVS 2.4 Ion Build - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: TVS 2.4 Ion Build
Monday, November 01, 2010 4:44 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:LE5 belt set up? It's different, even if you use all LSJ take-off parts?

You can use either...The stock LE5 alternator will spin backwards if it is used.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Monday, November 01, 2010 8:31 PM
I quite hated the feel of the LS4 TB, i think you will regret putting that on there, run a 2.7in pulley with a TVS and its completely not needed

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 8:41 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:I quite hated the feel of the LS4 TB, i think you will regret putting that on there, run a 2.7in pulley with a TVS and its completely not needed

I figure depending on availability and numbers, E85 could be used everyday and could fill a big container full of 110 at a station near me and use it and meth when going to the track.... What exactly are the problems? A 2.7" pulley might be too much for my LE5? I was watching "TruckU" on SPEED and saw what I think is the WOT box I've seen on peoples mod list...

A box that eliminates the lag from "drivebywire" TB's had different settings and such.

Finally got my car back!

Need to paint the stupid winter wheels... Waiting on HPTuners guys to email me about resetting password on my unit....

Running open stock downpipe right now.... omfg talk about loud...

Monday, November 22, 2010 10:53 AM
Any updates on this?

Monday, November 22, 2010 2:23 PM
Sitting in the driveway right now with the fenders and front bumper off, hood sitting on its place because it's raining. I thought I had an intake manifold gasket but I didn't so I had to order one. I have pulley every thing I can, hoping the weather cooperates! I am working on my tune but I have never used HPTuners before so I am waiting on that. I need to get it done ASAP because its my DD.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:27 AM

I have a histogram Config setup to read and Datalog the MAF setup. I didn't get to upload an updated tune after this battery on the laptop died. The rent is due on my storage unit on the first, so here's to driving it to my condo tomorrow(today after I wake up, if I sleep!) All the wires are just connected by wire-nuts because I had to rewire the TB harness and MAF/MAP setup. Now that I know it will run I will heatshrink wiresplice them for real and have electrical tape and wireloom to clean it all up. The videos does NO JUSTICE to how loud the car is right now. The Pacesetter header balljoint connection isn't held on with the right bolts, and the downpipe goes straight off the header 3" and is just hanging there under the rear door for now.

I still have to install all the cooling mods as it running was priority one. Option B Tank, Dual Pass, Stock HE and OTTP front mount still to go on.

After its running decent and I smooth things out, it's going to be powered by Corn. E85 is 60 Cents cheaper than Regular, and I have ran 93 since I bought it, which is 30 cents +/- more than regular. So I should be paying about $1 less a gallon. Yes it will burn quicker, but depending on time of year it's effectively 100+ octane and will burn cooler. I figure between higher compression, more displacement, cooling mods, only spinning the blower half as fast and E85 it should make decent power and still pull DD duty. Tuning is going to be the biggest thing. A member Kendal on RLF and CSS sent me a bunch of direct paste in tables, screen shots, and even remote accessed my laptop to change things after it finally started there would have been no way I would have got it done without his help. Local GTP guy is running Corn so he will be riding shotgun with HPT on 93, then switching it to corn after everything is smoothed out.

Tomorrow will be first time I drive my car since before Thanksgiving **FINGERS CROSSED**

BLOWN2POINT4 Ion Quad Coupe Autotragic
Powered By Harrop TVS Made By Tupperware
TVS, LS4 TB, 80's, OTTP Port&Polish I/M DualPass, OTTP H/E, Pacesetter Header, Full 3" Exhaust
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:06 AM
sweet!

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:19 AM
Once you get her all tuned, i'm very curious to know what manifold pressure you are seeing on whatever pulley you decided to run. It obviously will be lower than the same pulley on an LSJ, but i'm curious by how much. Regardless though, it's gonna be a sick ride!

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:31 PM
E85 it up. There is not very many places around here that sell it so it won't even be an option for when I get my LSJ.

In the vid of you starting it up your car sounds like a tractor. Hahaha.

Love it though!

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:33 PM
GTmatters wrote:E85 it up. There is not very many places around here that sell it so it won't even be an option for when I get my LSJ.

In the vid of you starting it up your car sounds like a tractor. Hahaha.

Love it though!

Then you will love these

I believe those are both open Pacesetter Header lol.

Anyone who can tell me why my Passlock is still on its driving me nuts and will kill the battery if I was able to leave it in there. I have a DEI Python 990, if someone has access to direct techs I could use the wiring diagrams as the installer sucked and I dont work at Best Buy anymore. The bypass would not program for the remote start, even using resistors. I have heard the fix is to actually turn the key and start it when the using remote to start it for the first time. I also have a 529 and 530 for my windows and sunroof that I need to wire up as well.

The LED and cars lights flash over and over and over even with no key in the ignition.

Since I am in MI every Meijer Gas station has E85, and I can find one almost anywhere. I could probably have the light come on and make it to one almost anywhere in the state, it is a big cornhole!

I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO! I need E85 for my gashole...

Powered By Harrop TVS Made By Tupperware
TVS, LS4 TB, 80's, OTTP Port&Polish I/M DualPass, OTTP H/E, Pacesetter Header, Full 3" Exhaust
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 11:53 AM
Well get something done and update us bro! haha.

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:34 AM
*Demanded update*

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:52 AM
2.5 LSJ "TMAP" sensor broke off and dropped inside the intake manifold. It wasn't in the hole correctly so when I tried to take out to drive, it would go up to 2-3k by itself and pull away with my foot on the brake. Shut it off and it idles at 850rpm but still does it.

Got a new sensor in yesterday now I just need to get a ride over. I literally have less than a 1/2 inch between the dual pass kits and the fan shroud. Blower has to come off and I have to get the plastic vacuum hose out of the intake manifold before I can put it back on. Hopefully my body can handle it and I can get it on the road and start some WOT datalogging and tuning.