Pontiac G8 looks to reappear as a Chevrolet - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pontiac G8 looks to reappear as a Chevrolet
Monday, November 22, 2010 5:09 PM
Worst kept secret but... .
From Australia news.
From the US news.

What do you think?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Pontiac G8 looks to reappear as a Chevrolet
Monday, November 22, 2010 5:43 PM
I like it. I hope they come back. The american GM market has fallen so hard for a performance based sedan in years. Meaning, that GM hasent pulled there fingers out there rear ends to make a good, competitive sports sedan. The G8 was a great car. Lets just hope this actually goes through. With cars like the Charger out there, GM once again, is falling behind hard, and now is there chance to do what they should have done years ago with the sport compact scene when Dodge took it over for american cars.

Monday, November 22, 2010 7:47 PM
If done to my liking, this will most likely be my next car.

Monday, November 22, 2010 8:09 PM
Considering all the crap I have been thru today (more or less ex-girlfriend problems lol) This absolutely made my night! GM would be smart to do this
Monday, November 22, 2010 8:52 PM
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:43 AM
I hope they offer all trim levels of this car with a true MANUAL trans. I would already own a new malibu or aura if it wasn't for the sluggish response of the automatics coupled with ETC. They make these amazing power plants (3.6 DOHC VVT and/or direct injected, 2.4L eco DI, ect), but they fit them with response hindering hardware. What's the point of 306hp if it takes a full second for the throttle to open? It's technology fail on a massive scale! And i don't care what anyone says, the autos make it worse.
/rant

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:12 AM
wow, nice.

I agree on the Malibu tranny thing. I drove one and it was pretty bad. The paddle shifting was horrible too.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:20 AM
^ yep, agreed. paddle shifting on those is as useless as tits on a bore.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:08 PM
I wonder if they will run a production of the wagon and ute if/once they re-intro it to the US market...
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:27 AM
The paddles aren't really a shifter. More or less just a gear selector. The computer/transmission still controls all functions. It just tricks some people into thinking they actually have control over what gear they're in etc. It'll still shift for you if you don't and wont let you down shift at certain points.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:20 AM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:The paddles aren't really a shifter. More or less just a gear selector. The computer/transmission still controls all functions. It just tricks some people into thinking they actually have control over what gear they're in etc. It'll still shift for you if you don't and wont let you down shift at certain points.

Makes sense, but I couldn't help but notice that it sucked compared to shifting gears in my BMW

Anyways, bring on the rebadged G8's!!!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:19 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:I like it. I hope they come back. The american GM market has fallen so hard for a performance based sedan in years. Meaning, that GM hasent pulled there fingers out there rear ends to make a good, competitive sports sedan. The G8 was a great car. Lets just hope this actually goes through. With cars like the Charger out there, GM once again, is falling behind hard, and now is there chance to do what they should have done years ago with the sport compact scene when Dodge took it over for american cars.

agreed!

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:09 PM
Hahaha someone said call it the Lumina SS!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:50 PM
last i heard was SS sedan , or what the G8 GXP was , and nothing else

if GM ships it with that FUGLY ASSS front end they can keep it !!! get rid of the fake camaro crap looking

Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:37 PM
I couldn't wait, I just picked up a G8 GT on Saturday lol

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:04 PM
JIZZ IN MY PANTS... lol

but seriously, i'll be right in line to buy one of these providing they're priced decently, i dont even remember what the g8 was like for prices

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:49 PM
Steve-O (now with ecotec) wrote:JIZZ IN MY PANTS... lol

but seriously, i'll be right in line to buy one of these providing they're priced decently, i dont even remember what the g8 was like for prices

32-42k if you wanted the v8

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 6:40 PM
hm, well life may be making a change for the better in the future so it just might happen

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:42 PM
Has anyone made down to the comments on the Australian page? A lot of smack talking going on.

Friday, December 17, 2010 9:12 PM
I think i would buy one of these

Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:12 AM
some jackass said they should call it the Nova or the Chevelle.. anyone else see whats wrong with that?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:25 AM
Evan Undead (Team Cybergeist) wrote:some jackass said they should call it the Nova or the Chevelle.. anyone else see whats wrong with that?

I kinda like the name Nova for it, but def not Chevelle.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:08 AM
Evan Undead (Team Cybergeist) wrote:some jackass said they should call it the Nova or the Chevelle.. anyone else see whats wrong with that?

Nope...

Alot of people forget Chevelle's were a full model lineup not just a coupe. I think Chevelle would be quite fitting and can't be worse than the names GM marketing seems to be pulling out of their asses lately.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 6:00 AM
mctoad wrote:

I kinda like the name Nova for it, but def not Chevelle.

i agree on the nova name. love to see them correct the name since they ruined it with that pos econobox nova they came out with in the early 90s. also they offered the nova in a 4 door sedan for a good amount of years. compared to the chevelle which i don't ever remeber them offering a 4 door sedan.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:46 PM
nova still wont go over good with the mexicans , since it means NO GO

LMAO

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search