2010 Buick Excelle XT - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2010 Buick Excelle XT
Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:49 PM
Yes, I got it later. TY BTW.
It is the Excelle GT^^^
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote: Based on the Cruze.

From GM... .
-Manufacturing site of future Buick compact sedan
-Investment will help retain 1,550 jobs

Lake Orion, Mich. – General Motors will invest $145 million at the Orion Assembly Center, GM North American President Mark Reuss said today. Orion will be the home to Chevrolet’s new small car and Buick’s future compact sedan – the all-new Verano.

"Verano will bring premium styling, performance and content to Buick buyers wanting a smaller car than Regal," said Reuss. "The investment in Orion Assembly also extends GM's local small car footprint, again increasing the number of U.S.-made small vehicles available in showrooms."

The investment to retool the facility will retain 1,550 hourly and salaried jobs at Orion, along with 120 jobs at Pontiac Metal Center. In June 2009, GM announced that Orion would build the next-generation of Chevrolet’s new small car. The total investment for that program is approximately $600 million, which includes the Verano.

GM has worked closely with the United Auto Workers to create new and innovative contractual language that will allow this facility to be flexible and lean – essential elements in the highly competitive, small car market segment.

“The UAW welcomes the news of an additional vehicle being allocated to the Orion Assembly Plant. Building small cars in the United States is very important to the UAW, Oakland County, and the State of Michigan,” said Joe Ashton, UAW vice president of the GM Department.

“Given the opportunity, our members can use their expertise and experience to build high-quality, affordable vehicles for American consumers. I would like to extend my congratulations to the members of UAW Locals 653 and 5960 for all their hard work to make this important project a successful one.”

Verano adds a premium compact entry into the market, expanding the portfolio of what is currently the fastest-growing mainstream brand in the United States.

Orion Assembly is in the process of retooling the plant, which last built GM midsize sedans, for future small cars. The improvements are expected to be finished by summer 2011.

Over its more than 27-year history, the Orion plant team members have built more than 4 million cars for GM, while setting an industry record of 10 million man hours of continuous operation without a work day lost to injury. The plant also was the first GM facility to receive the Clean Corporate Citizen designation by the State of Michigan.

No further details on production or timing for the Verano and Chevrolet’s new small car are available at this time.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, October 08, 2010 11:35 AM
Looks like the car we are currently installing the line for (based on the structure minus the exterior sheet metal).

Friday, October 08, 2010 12:38 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:No official pics on it, but it will based on the Cruze.

Glad you said this before I had to make note. CMON GUYS!! Just look at the Buick Excelle...it SCREAMS Chevy Cruze. Look at the line man. Vertical front face with slight curve that bends into a straight line underneath the windows, all the way back to the tails. Aside from the waterfall front grille and the buick tails, THIS CAR IS A CRUZE! ....hell it'll probably be using the same 1.6 from the cruze.

I'm totally unimpressed by GM with this car. Is the interior sex? Yes, but let's look at the Cruze.

Excelle

Cruze

Not only is the interior TOTALLY uninspired, GM is taking a BUICK! The GM Lux sedan, and making is a C-class? That is totally wrong in my opinion. They shouldn't be taking cues from Opel, which has been a compact car company FROM THE BEGINNING, but should be taking cues from foreign luxury automotive makers...why not copy the Benz or Bimmer, or Lexus, or Infinity....ALL OF WHICH are outselling GM right now....could it be because GM has lost the design capabilities it's shown in the past?

Hmm...let's take one of the world's leading companies in style, comfort, and affordability....the buick....now....let's take away everything that makes a buick...well...a buick, and toss it aside....now...let's take the new buick and instead of designing something we THINK people will buy, we'll force our customers to drive the same cars!!

Hmm...chevy cruze? or Buick Excelle? OMG SAME CAR, 10k PRICE DIFFERENCE!

really? REALLY? I mean it's nice to think it's a buick, meaning my heated leathers seats, and all the other creature comforts can be accompanied to the cruze's 181bHP Turbo 1.6L....but to think my BUICK, of all things, is GM's affordable sport compact.

is it cool to think the buick will now make 40mpg? YES!! Is it cool to think it does it on an engine that's not a hybrid? YES Why? Cause the car will retain classic engine response and performance, and be upgradeable. What's not cool about the engine?
...it's a four cylinder. Four bangers are just that....bangers. I've never rode in a 4cyl car that HASN'T sounded like a 4cyl. The whiny motors, which audible valving, Tinny sounding high RPMS, and just a general roughness that the lovely balanced V6 eliminates.

WHY A FOUR CYLINDER IN A BUICK!? Never has the buick thought it could reach 40mpg...why? Large gas guzzling engines with plenty of power. why all the power? For Smoothness. No 65 year old retired woman wants to put her foot to the floor to make her car move. No, she wants to drive like a granny, and the car drive like everybody else. Meaning, the car needs more power in the low RPMS, so old ethel aint gotta worry about giving her heart a scare trying to keep up with today's ever growing speed limits. How do you have a car that moves along nicely, rides awsome (Cause ethel's back is bad), and isn't noisy inside? Quite smooth running engine, sound deadening stuff, and weight.

Now let's take the downfalls of the new GM Excelle first
What is it? A very stylized Cruze...what's that mean? It's cheap...not affordable cheap...but cheap. Let's look at all the sport compacts chevy's made. The cavalier? Is it a good car? Yes, it's affordable, decent gas mileage, reliable, and inexpensive to repair. Is it comparable to the big longevity companies like Honda, Toyota, and Nissan? Absolutely not. Why? It's a GM vehicle. the Machine Specs aren't even close same with the cobalt. Good cars but not great cars. Even the Cobalt's gas mileage is luaghed at by Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. Gm is TRYING to compete, but until it decides to spend the money on upping their machine specs, tightening all tolerances...the GM will continue to TRY to compete. It's a 1.6L four banger. is it an ECOtec? It probably will be in the states. which means its a smoothER four banger. But no Four cyclinder will run with the smoothness of a V6. It's Just Not Buick....it's chevy. Clode but no cigar

Now let's look at the strengths of the car
Is it a domestic? Yup...but the word "Domestic Automobile" holds no meaning in the US market anymore.
It WILL get GREAT gas mileage. It makes Hybrid mileage on a conventional drivetrain.
It's a lightweight car, so it's a buick that'll handle.
It's got an optional 181bHP engine....that's BRAKE HORSEPOWER...not a slow car...
Sexy interior, and is the Hatchback variant of the Cruze (now that I see it...I wouldn't buy a cruze hatch unless it's made as a 3-door)

My review?
Buick Excelle
....The cruze, except better looking.
The big question is
Does the "Buick" emblem on the hood justify a price increase from the Cruze JUST BECAUSE IT'S A BUICK?
Monday, October 11, 2010 6:15 PM
The Excelle is tiny. After looking over the pictures posted here and the unibody structure in the plant, they are both the same car. Sitting next to an Aveo sedan unibody, they are about the same overall size (I didnt actually measure, this was only a quick visual).

Monday, October 11, 2010 10:14 PM
What is your definition of tiny? Tiny for a Buick? Or the car is tiny?
The Buick is roughly a little larger than the Cruze on the out side. But both near the mid-size category for interior space.

Cruze/ Verano-Excelle
Length: 181.0/ 183.8
Width: 70.7/ 71.4
Height: 58.1/ 58.1
Wheelbase: 105.7/ 105.7
Weight: 3102/ 3042-3242

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 4:09 PM
Looking at it on the floor, physical unibody is only maybe a foot longer than an Aveo sedan. Interior wise it appears to be just as small.

For a Buick it is beyond tiny.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:01 PM
I predict it will have more power and possibly better handling than the Cruze.

Calm down Yellow Cav. They haven't been shown/priced for the USDM market.
Monday, December 06, 2010 11:09 AM
Update from GM... .

December 2010

Subject: All-New 2012 Buick Compact Car - Order Study

We would like to invite you to participate in an online order study of a potential new addition to the Buick portfolio.

Please note that this potential new entry would be a compact car available in four models. As a result, it is important for us to gauge how you would order this vehicle and in what quantities. In addition, each model builds off of the previous model. Proposed models are as follows:

1.) 1SB Cloth Base
• 2.4L 4-cylinder engine
• 180 hp @ 6700 rpm
• 172 lb-ft of torque @ 4900 rpm
• 6-Speed automatic transmission
Estimated MSRP range: $20,900 - $21,500 *

2.) 1SD Cloth Mid-Level
Adds to 1SB
• Remote Start
• Auto Dual HVAC
• Connected Color Radio with Bluetooth Connectivity
Estimated MSRP range: $22,100 - $22,700*

3.) 1SG Cloth Mid-Level
Adds to 1SB & 1SD
• 6-way power driver
• Heated ORVMs
• Rear Park Assist
• EC ISRVM
Estimated MSRP range: $23,300 - 23,900*

4.) 1SL Leather Up-Level
Adds to 1SB, 1SD & 1SG
• Heated Seats/Steering Wheel
• Passive Entry & Push Button Start
• Bose Premium Audio
• 18” Wheels
Estimated MSRP range: $25,600 – 26,200*

*Note: Total vehicle pricing will NOT be shown in the order study

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search