The new Chrysler... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The new Chrysler...
Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:16 PM
What do you think of the new Chrysler... many of their models have been revamped, reworked, rengineered, or redesigned for 2011. They have removed the name Dodge Ram and just called them "Ram." And now they will be bringing out the Fiat 500 and all new Viper. Also the PT Cruiser has been axed. lastly Dodge and Chrysler has new logos. What do you say?

-All-new interior gives consumers more comfort, world-class craftsmanship and high-tech features to make their lives easier
-All-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission provides best-in-class V-6 horsepower and exceptional fuel economy
-Proven 2.4-liter World Gas Engine is retuned and mated to an available six-speed automatic transmission
-Major suspension overhaul and improved acoustics result in an exhilarating driving experience with one of the quietest cabins in the segment
-Updated exterior design showcases an athletic yet refined exterior with the new Dodge brand “split crosshair” grille
-------------------------------

-New 2011 Dodge Challenger is designed for customers who are young at heart and are passionate about performance driving
-Efficient performance: new Dodge Challenger SE delivers 55 more horsepower (now 305 horsepower) with 268 lb.-ft. of torque, packaged in a lighter aluminum engine for near 50/50 weight -distribution and offers the new Super Sport Group with performance suspension, brakes and wider 20-inch wheels and tires
-New Dodge-tuned second-generation E-segment chassis architecture delivers maximum grip for a 0.90 g on the skid pad
-Newly added standard equipment: includes Keyless Enter-N Go, automatic climate control, seat-mounted side pelvic-thorax air bags, 18-inch aluminum wheels and more
-Developed using Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and built with world-class craftsmanship, the 2011 Challenger delivers world-class levels of refinement and precision
-Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 answers the call with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. That’s 90 lb.-ft. more torque at 2,900 rpm compared with the previous 6.1-liter V-8 engine.
------------------------------------

-With its iconic four-door fastback coupe design, efficient power, technology and execution of the world’s best E-segment sedans, the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger targets customers who are young at heart and passionate about performance driving
-Efficient dynamics: all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine provides Dodge Charger SE with 63 percent more standard horsepower, 36 percent more standard torque and uncompromised fuel economy compared with its predecessor
-Complete performance: world-class structural stiffness contributes to world-class ride and handling, new Dodge-tuned second-generation E-segment chassis architecture delivers maximum grip for a 0.90 g on the skid pad, and legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with FuelSaver Technology delivers efficiency, 370 best-in-class power, 0-60 mph performance in under 6 seconds and 25 highway mpg
-Developed with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and built with world-class craftsmanship, the 2011 Dodge Charger delivers exceptional interior quietness, state-of-the-art technologies and premium materials once limited to elite European sport sedans
-------------------------------

-Delivers crossover versatility, SUV capability and performance in a different league than other vehicles in its segment
-Designed for the crew and engineered for the driver
-Leads the re-launch of the Dodge brand with four models: Express, Crew, R/T and Citadel
-No traditional “base model”— feature-filled lifestyle models targeted at different user wants and needs
------------------------------

-New Dodge Grand Caravan lets customers express their personal style, provides a spirited driving experience and includes the latest technology to keep families connected
-A new powertrain provides more horsepower and more torque without sacrificing fuel economy
-Significant suspension overhaul delivers an exceptional driving experience with just the right amount of attitude
-New exterior and interior styling focus on craftsmanship, a more sculpted, aggressive exterior style, a world-class soft-touch interior, more comfortable seats, clever functionality and the best storage in the segment
-All the safety features consumers expect and a 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty provide peace of mind
-----------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Beautiful all-new interior gives consumers world-class craftsmanship, more comfort and technology features to improve their quality of life
-New exterior design and new sheet metal highlights clean, sensual lines and the new face of the Chrysler brand
-Best-in-class V-6 horsepower and exceptional fuel economy are accomplished with the all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission
-Proven 2.4-liter World Gas Engine is retuned and mated to an available six-speed transmission
-Major suspension upgrades and significantly improved acoustics result in an exhilarating driving experience with one of the quietest cabins in the segment

----------------------------

•All-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee hits the sweet spot of real-world capability and on-road refinement with the most capable and refined 4x4 Grand Cherokee ever
•Choice of three 4x4 systems, a new Jeep Selec-Terrain™ system with five terrain settings and a new Jeep Quadra-Lift™ air suspension system
•Most luxurious Jeep ever built with stunning exterior design and world-class, refined interiors
•Improved fuel efficiency with all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 delivering 16 mpg city / 23 mpg highway
•More than 45 safety and security features including electronic stability control (standard), side-curtain and seat-mounted side air bags (standard), active head restraints (standard), Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM)/Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection system, adaptive cruise control (ACC) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
•A variety of advanced technology/connectivity/infotainment features including Bluetooth® hands free calling and streaming audio, Uconnect® Web, FLO TV™ and SIRIUS Backseat TV™

•Aggressive new exterior styling
•Upgraded interior featuring significantly upgraded touch points
•Increased 4x4 ride height
•Uconnect® Voice Command available as a stand-alone option on all models
•Standard speed control on all models
•New available 17-in. wheels
•Re-tuned steering and suspension systems
•Four new colors: Natural Green Metallic Clear Coat, Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat, Blackberry Pearl Coat and Red Crystal Pearl Coat
-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

•All-new interior with improved ergonomics and upgraded materials
•All-new body color hardtop on Sahara models
•Heated seats
•Automatic temperature control
•New USB device interface connects to storage devices (thumb drives and most MP3 players) for use with the vehicle’s Media Center™, which now includes streaming Bluetooth® audio
•Power-heated mirrors
•All-new steering wheel controls allow the driver to operate the radio, cruise control, handsfree phone and other vehicle functions while keeping hands on the wheel
•Additional 12-volt accessory outlets and new 115-volt outlet
•Standard electronic stability control (ESC), Hill-start Assist (HSA) and Trailer-sway Control (TSC)
•Enhanced visibility courtesy of larger rear windows
•New colors including Detonator Yellow, Deep Cherry Red, Sahara Tan, Cosmos Blue and Bright White
•Increased acoustical treatment resulting in significantly reduced interior noise

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: The new Chrysler...
Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:38 PM
Me like

Ryan1

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:42 PM
Ya can't polish a turd. Mythbusters can, but you can't.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:17 PM
KG wrote:Ya can't polish a turd. Mythbusters can, but you can't.

Only time will tell. Take a test drive in the redesigned models before judging them. Although I will agree with ya on the Dodge Avenger, you can't fix a design that ugly.

I can't believe they kept the Compass, it's the most useless vehicle out of Jeep's lineup. The interiors look 100x better in all the vehicles

Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:56 PM
Spike J wrote:
KG wrote:Ya can't polish a turd. Mythbusters can, but you can't.

Only time will tell. Take a test drive in the redesigned models before judging them. Although I will agree with ya on the Dodge Avenger, you can't fix a design that ugly.

I can't believe they kept the Compass, it's the most useless vehicle out of Jeep's lineup. The interiors look 100x better in all the vehicles

You're right about that, Time will tell. I can't seriously consider one until they get a few solid years under their belt. I will say I'm liking the new Grand Cherokee, I think it looks great.

Friday, December 17, 2010 12:52 AM
ALL Chryslers and Dodge cars are great as long as you ONLY own them in the first 3 years. (warranty covered time) if you dare to own one after that then you're a fool. Everyone knows that, that's why when they stopped leasing their profit took a nosedive they never recovered from. Smart people know you never buy a Chrysler.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, December 17, 2010 5:10 AM
most of them look damn near identical to what they already look like.

dont like the new 300 front end, i do like the orange charger, but thats about it, dont even think im feeling the back end on those.

Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Friday, December 17, 2010 5:38 AM
new jeeps that the windsheild doesn't fold down on, no want.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, December 17, 2010 6:19 AM
97&04cfcavy(04pearlcav) wrote:most of them look damn near identical to what they already look like.

That's because 90% of new Chryslers products are just redesigned/updated versions of the same garbage they've been "trying" to sell for the last decade. Same cars, same horrid build quality, new faces. This is literally the automotive equivalent of polishing a turd.

But Chrysler will market the hell out of them. If Chrysler spent as much money on engineering as it does on advertising and spin they'd have the best cars in the world.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, December 17, 2010 6:30 AM
I'm liking some of the changes but still time will tell.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Friday, December 17, 2010 6:31 AM
This thread should be called Chrysler/Dodge Face-lift Fest

I like a few of these. However, I have no desire to own any of them unfortunately.

Friday, December 17, 2010 7:29 AM
That blue Challenger is sick.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, December 17, 2010 7:38 AM
I think Chrysler is doing a good job. Only objections are that I liked the 300C's better before they got the revamp. And also I can't believe that they are going to attempt to save the Jeep Compass (this is coming from a Jeep Lover). And I still think the new liberties don't look right. They just can't pull off all the parts from the Dodge Nitro... A lot of people hated on the first body style Liberty but I had one for a few years before I wrecked it, and loved it. The new Grand Cherokees look sick. But they've done a good job on the last 3 body styles (right now I have an '04 Laredo). And the 4-door wranglers.... well... let's just say that everytime I see one I cry because I can't afford to buy my own lol

Friday, December 17, 2010 10:17 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:new jeeps that the windsheild doesn't fold down on, no want.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, and the first major thing that i noticed. Boo for non-folding Wrangler windshields!!! To hell with wind noise and creature comforts, its the only proper Jeep still in the line-up, and Jeeps are SUPPOSED to be rough around the edges.

And they need to ditch the round headlights in the new Liberty. It's too squared off to flow well with the rounded front end. Give it a couple of proper squares and it'll look alot better. (BTW, yes, im still bitter about losing the Cherokee in 2001. )

As far as the rest of the line-up, other that the Avenger/Sebring (Sorry, Chrysler 200 ) the revamps are looking good. But those two, they're just too far gone on the ugly scale to look really decent. The face-lift helps, but they need a complete redesign. And all the interiors look 135X better.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, the design of the Challenger can stay the same and never change. I'd be just fine with that. BTW, the new "Viper" is gonna suck.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, December 17, 2010 11:13 AM
I approve of all except the Compass front. I'm not a Chrysler fan so it doesn't do anything for me..

Like the new badges.

Friday, December 17, 2010 2:04 PM
Although it'll never happen, the Charger would look a lot better as a 2-door, especially with the redesign. Can't believe that hasn't/won't happen. The only other car out of them I like is the challenger. Nice to see the SE got bumped up to 300+ horsepower with the Mustang and Camaro in the v6s. Makes me wonder who will make the next move in the horsepower wars in either the v6 or v8 engines.

Chrysler Sebring/200/Dodge Avenger is still a joke. They could have just continued with the old name badges until they are ready to debut an all new midsize (?) sedan to replace the old model.
Friday, December 17, 2010 4:46 PM

Full size Jeep with a 5 speed is win!!!

Friday, December 17, 2010 5:21 PM
Finally touched up those interiors. A little anyway. I can't stand that they use to all look the same - cheap, worse than GMs.

Nope.
Friday, December 17, 2010 5:54 PM
I love the new Dodge's, Chrysler's are okay, but I love the aggressive styling that Dodge has always had over chrysler.

But while I'm a Chevy man, I am also a Mopar man. Just like chevy's, they have their quirks, and thats okay with me. Ram's will always be my truck, till the day I die.

Friday, December 17, 2010 6:07 PM
I'm not a Chrysler fan by any means but I've always liked the 300, until now. That is a definite step back.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:40 AM
Jookycola wrote:ALL Chryslers and Dodge cars are great as long as you ONLY own them in the first 3 years. (warranty covered time) if you dare to own one after that then you're a fool. Everyone knows that, that's why when they stopped leasing their profit took a nosedive they never recovered from. Smart people know you never buy a Chrysler.

Same goes with German cars. But "status" > "reason" when it comes to German car shoppers.
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:new jeeps that the windsheild doesn't fold down on, no want.

Just noticed that. Willing to bet roll over/ roof standards had something to do for that decision, or just cheaper to make.
Eternal wrote:This thread should be called Chrysler/Dodge Face-lift Fest
I like a few of these. However, I have no desire to own any of them unfortunately.

Well, for some it is more then just a face lift. Some are totally new, some have new engines, some have new trannies, some have new interiors. But just about all been revamped in areas where it was in dire need of attention. Chassis wise they were not bad at all.
deuce_coupe_cavy wrote:I think Chrysler is doing a good job. Only objections are that I liked the 300C's better before they got the revamp. And also I can't believe that they are going to attempt to save the Jeep Compass (this is coming from a Jeep Lover). And I still think the new liberties don't look right. They just can't pull off all the parts from the Dodge Nitro... A lot of people hated on the first body style Liberty but I had one for a few years before I wrecked it, and loved it. The new Grand Cherokees look sick. But they've done a good job on the last 3 body styles (right now I have an '04 Laredo). And the 4-door wranglers.... well... let's just say that everytime I see one I cry because I can't afford to buy my own lol
I drive a silver car wrote:I approve of all except the Compass front. I'm not a Chrysler fan so it doesn't do anything for me..
Like the new badges.
I might be a minority but the Compass's look looks really good to me now. I mean look how it used to look before:

James wrote:Although it'll never happen, the Charger would look a lot better as a 2-door, especially with the redesign. Can't believe that hasn't/won't happen. The only other car out of them I like is the challenger. Nice to see the SE got bumped up to 300+ horsepower with the Mustang and Camaro in the v6s. Makes me wonder who will make the next move in the horsepower wars in either the v6 or v8 engines.
Chrysler Sebring/200/Dodge Avenger is still a joke. They could have just continued with the old name badges until they are ready to debut an all new midsize (?) sedan to replace the old model.

Charger/Challenger will be getting a 8-speed autobox next year, so we'll see how that turns out.
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:[Full size Jeep with a 5 speed is win!!!

It is actually the "baby" Jeeps.
Seagull wrote:Finally touched up those interiors. A little anyway. I can't stand that they use to all look the same - cheap, worse than GMs.

Both have cheap interiors, it is now GM's are designed more contemporary and Chrysler's is just one step above in materials and fit. But overall both are better then what they used to spew out just 3-4 years ago.

Roofy wrote:

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, and the first major thing that i noticed. Boo for non-folding Wrangler windshields!!! To hell with wind noise and creature comforts, its the only proper Jeep still in the line-up, and Jeeps are SUPPOSED to be rough around the edges.

And they need to ditch the round headlights in the new Liberty. It's too squared off to flow well with the rounded front end. Give it a couple of proper squares and it'll look a lot better. (BTW, yes, im still bitter about losing the Cherokee in 2001. )

As far as the rest of the line-up, other that the Avenger/Sebring (Sorry, Chrysler 200 ) the revamps are looking good. But those two, they're just too far gone on the ugly scale to look really decent. The face-lift helps, but they need a complete redesign. And all the interiors look 135X better.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, the design of the Challenger can stay the same and never change. I'd be just fine with that. BTW, the new "Viper" is gonna suck.
<3 the Cherokee. Although not as capable, the Patriot looks like a modern interpretation of the Cherokee.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:44 PM
lipstick on a pig.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:26 AM
Don't like the new 300 front end at all. The Charger will probably grow on me. Other than that, they don't look much different other than a jazzed up interior and a shiny new badge... I'm excited about the Fiat 500 though, those will be neat.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Monday, December 27, 2010 4:24 AM
I like the new Grand Cherokees, but I would never buy one again after all the issues we have had with ours. I still like that Challenger though!

Monday, December 27, 2010 2:27 PM
The new dodge suv things (durango? Nitro? What is it?) and the new Grand Cherokee look VERY similar. Perhaps the same platform? Pulling a GM thing? Making the same vehicle under 2 different names and changing the body style slightly?

The new mopar lineup looks good though

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search