Bye Bye Cavalier - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bye Bye Cavalier
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:20 PM
Well, it was time. The fiance wanted something different, she was the original owner of a 2005 Cavalier Ls Sport. We had a lot of oddball issues with the Cavi and it was just to the point of not being worth it. Sold with 85,XXX miles for a 2006 Acura RSX. Taffeta White is a rare color for the midwest, and of course its what she wanted. "whatever you want, dear" lol

Mods start this spring

I think it fits better at our house with my 2 cars haha. 2002 Acura TL Type-S and a 1998 Acura Integra

And yes, wheels and suspension are in the garage waiting till spring for the Integra

Re: Bye Bye Cavalier
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:55 PM
Nice upgrade. very very very clean. I like your TL the most though lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:56 PM
big fan of the tl. have always been a fan of rsx's. looks like it has an apperance package on it already. can't wait to see this car dropped like the tl! i should say both cars. lol

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:56 AM
Nice! You can't go wrong with a K20...

Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:41 AM
looks great! not a fan of the tanish interior though but what can ya do. nice pickup anyway!

TL looks bonerfic

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:51 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Nice! You can't go wrong with a K20...

it's not, it's a base model

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:24 AM
Niiiiice. Besides the tan. Do work.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:23 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:

it's not, it's a base model
It's still a K20 - K20A3 = 160hp base model, K20A2 = 200hp type s

Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:20 PM
o man went with the autotragic? lol but is still a damn nice car. White RSX's/Integra's look the best IMO
Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:45 PM
very nice upgrade.

and that TL is down right sick.

Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:36 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Nice upgrade. very very very clean. I like your TL the most though lol.

Haha thanks, I like it the best too

02_redbadged wrote:big fan of the tl. have always been a fan of rsx's. looks like it has an apperance package on it already. can't wait to see this car dropped like the tl! i should say both cars. lol

Thanks man, the TL-S is my baby. The RSX is getting Tein S-Techs (her daily driver and she hates how low the TL-S sits) and I have Skunk2 suspension for the Integra in the garage. The TL-S is on K-Sport coilovers.

Def, decent power and great gas mileage!

z yaaaa wrote:looks great! not a fan of the tanish interior though but what can ya do. nice pickup anyway! TL looks bonerfic

Yeah, converting to black interior may be in the plans...but finding a white 05-06 is hard, so we took what we could get. And im glad my TL gave you....well..nevermind. lol

IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:it's not, it's a base model

LOL. Every RSX has a K20. The K20A3 in this is the same as the 05 body Civic Si.

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Niiiiice. Besides the tan. Do work.

haha thanks, the work starts in a few months

oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote: It's still a K20 - K20A3 = 160hp base model, K20A2 = 200hp type s

Correct!

302killercav wrote:o man went with the autotragic? lol but is still a damn nice car. White RSX's/Integra's look the best IMO

Yeaaaa....she doesnt like driving a manual enough to do it everyday. trust me, ive tried..she either wanted Taffeta White or Blaze orange, and the Blaze Orange was a Type-S only color. So White it is!

97&04cfcavy(04pearlcav) wrote:very nice upgrade. and that TL is down right sick.

Thanks for the kind words, she LOVES it.

Plans for the RSX include Mugen lip kit, Type-R spoiler, Tein S-Tech springs, tint, intake/exhaust, HIDs, LEDs, and some 17 inch Type-S wheels powdercoated satin black.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:15 AM
If its for your fiance may want to take a look at the Tein H-Tech instead. They give you MUCH better ride. They aren't as low, but kill the wheel gap a lot. Just giving you like a nice 1 finger gap, but keeping a good ride. The S-Tech's are often described as a harsh ride.

Monday, December 20, 2010 6:13 AM
Have a thing for Acuras much? lol

RSX looks really nice... the TL is sweet!

Monday, December 20, 2010 5:24 PM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:If its for your fiance may want to take a look at the Tein H-Tech instead. They give you MUCH better ride. They aren't as low, but kill the wheel gap a lot. Just giving you like a nice 1 finger gap, but keeping a good ride. The S-Tech's are often described as a harsh ride.

Yeah, That was the first of 3 Suspension setups on the TL-S, I wasn't a fan of the H-Techs. Uneven drop, and hardly a drop at that.

kevo1586 . wrote:Have a thing for Acuras much? lol

RSX looks really nice... the TL is sweet!

Haha yea...we kinda like them. Her next is a tossup between 3rd gen TL-S or an MDX.

My next is the NSX. Friend just sold his, so now I dont have one to drive haha. Gotta pay to play, right?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:26 AM
I would like to get an NSX some day and boost it. I am in love with the Lovefab NSX. It might be the best sounding car I have ever heard!

My goals for cars are:
AP1 S2000 and then a late model NSX. I currently have two EK hatches, one has a turbo D16 Vitara motor and the whole car is completely built. My other hatch (DD) has a B18. My girlfriend wants a late model Prelude, I got her hooked on Hondas. I like a lot of the older Hondas, they have Passion in their design!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search