My new talon - Page 34 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My new talon
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:34 PM
I think with the amount of money and time you have wasted on this car, you could have just bought something much better already built. I know its a project, but crimminey, same damn problems over and over and over again.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:39 PM
Yeah i have to agree as well. Could have bought a Tsi or GST or GSX for the amount of money and time you have in making this into something.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:17 PM
to tell you the truth im sick of the car too. but right now its the only thing i have to drive that is mine. Its a fun car to drive when it runs right and its more of a learning project for me too.
Came home tonight and looked at the bell housing closer. Found my leak:

Friday, July 30, 2010 5:16 AM
then i'd fix it, sell it, and never do it again.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, July 30, 2010 8:10 AM
its been listed several times but no one wants it. Right now im looking for a truck for winter and to just let this sit and work on it slowly.
Friday, July 30, 2010 6:54 PM
so after fighting with the trans for 3 hrs got everything back together tonight but now the diff wont spin. i dont know what the @!#$ problem is now. So i guess im goin to rip it back apart tom.
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 1:14 PM
Well since the last time i updated i've had the trans together and back apart 5 times. Cant figure out waht the problem is. Everythings fine till i tighten the bolts down on the case and the diff gets jammed. Think i figured out that the bearings are just slightly not pressed on far enough. go figure. So im thinkin of maybe just forgettin the LSD and throwin the stock Diff back in and call it a day. Some other stuff showed up today too:

Fuel pump rewire kit and a couple flap wheels to finish the head work.
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:28 PM
you claim they showed up today, but the picture reveals how much of a liar you really are! HOW MUCH HAVE YOU DONE SINCE APRIL EIGHTH????????
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:32 PM
haha never even noticed my cam date is off lol
Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:35 AM
You need to check the shims for diff. We just had the same problem. I would take everything to the trans shop so they can get the spacing right, it is sooo much easier than screwing around with it.

Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:48 AM
jmarks82 wrote:You need to check the shims for diff. We just had the same problem. I would take everything to the trans shop so they can get the spacing right, it is sooo much easier than screwing around with it.

true this

Thursday, August 05, 2010 2:18 PM
yea i jsut said @!#$ it and put the stocker back in. Right now the cars never goin to be launched so the LSD is worthless to me. Plus if i launch hard enough the same thing will happen to the trans as before. BOOM!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:43 PM
some pics from today since i finally got off work early enough that i was tired as @!#$. Got the trans back in and mostly bolted up.

Friday, August 13, 2010 6:52 PM
did some work today after work. I got the rest of the trans part back on and bolted up. also put on some new tie rod ends since the old ones where busted and basicly blow to hell.

Then i removed the top half of the header to do some more cleaning on the head and to work on some more stuff. I think i had a blown gasket lol:

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:16 AM
soem updates. Got a stock cat for inspection

also from the same guy i got a gauge cluster gauge pod to install the only 2 gauges i need:

Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:05 PM
Crank windows, no cruise, power mirrors or rear wiper -.-, yeah the mocha color interior is rare, but black w/ tan or black/black = interior from heaven. I had a 98 GSX, far superior motor.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3879634
http://www.crysisweb.com/
Friday, September 17, 2010 10:20 PM
yea yea and my cocks 14" long cars being junk basicly and i sold everything i had for it
Saturday, January 01, 2011 1:35 PM
my bad for the bump but i've followed your build on the the talon when i was coming here when i had my cavalier and i recently got a 99 eclipse with the 420a...well long story short the headgasket is going, what am i looking at as far as doing it?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search