car shopping sucks, but ive narrowed it down - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car shopping sucks, but ive narrowed it down
Friday, January 07, 2011 2:35 PM
So the mini just isnt cutting it now that i have a daughter and its about time for a new car anyway

ive been shopping around and need some advice on my final purchase

its between the 2011 hyundai sonata 2.0T, or either the 2011 subaru forester xt or outback

ive driven almost all of the competition out there and these are my favorites

important things for me are bluetooth (audio and phone capabilities), space, and passenger comfort

let me know what you think guys

right now im stuck between the three

Re: car shopping sucks, but ive narrowed it down
Friday, January 07, 2011 2:41 PM
subaru I am in love with, awd, comfort, good options, and reliability and proven for years. When I can afford to, I will own a subaru.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, January 07, 2011 2:45 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:I will own a subaru.

X2.

You know my opinion haha

Friday, January 07, 2011 2:54 PM
im a Hyundai tech and the sonata is a good car but i say stick with the subaru

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Friday, January 07, 2011 4:32 PM
bah, you guys and your persuasiveness

so if i go with the subaru, what do you think?

2.5XT turbo charged Forester limited

or

2.5i Limited Outback with moonroof option

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:40 PM
Suby. Im a bigger fan of the older foresters but the new ones are bad ass, drove one already and damn are they comfortable. and simple window tint on them paired with some lowering springs only, TOTALLY changes the look of it.

Friday, January 07, 2011 5:02 PM
I got a 2011 Sonata N/A in November for a business trip and I came out so impressed. Gave me 37MPG with a automatic, A/C on, radio blasting, 85-90mph drive. Extremely comfortable, quick, modern and well made. I really could not find any faults on the car. The Turbo only gets better, but remember the Turbo is geared for fuel efficiency.
The Subaru you're looking is as handy as your Mini in terms of cargo entrance compared to a sedan set up, here you will get more room. If you decide to up the ante in power you know you will find more with the Subaru. Lastly, it is AWD, you will loose on fuel efficiency (oil barrels are going up in price), but hey... grip when you need it and no torque steer.

Something to ponder on.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, January 07, 2011 5:39 PM
AWD, boxer engine, gotta go with the Subaru.

Sig'less since '02!
Friday, January 07, 2011 5:54 PM
My folks have a 07 Sonata, and really want the 2011 Sonata. IMO the looks of the sonata are just far better then the Subaru and like Mr. Goodwrench said, they are super reliable. The car my folks have has a little over 45000 miles and it still runs great. Plus the 10 year/100,000 mile engine and power train warranty is a awesome little extra. And IIRC there bumper to bumper goes for 6/60 but I can be very wrong about that so dont quote me. For the price, and the warranty alone I would say Hyundai, but its your money, go with what you can be happy with. The 2.0t is a little peppy, but overall I like it alot better then the Subaru. Either way, good luck with ur choice and enjoy it!

Friday, January 07, 2011 5:54 PM
One of the Subarus...
I've got a 1999 Outback creeping up on 160k & it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I can throw my dogs in the back, my bikes on the roof & still have room for passengers. We've hauled appliances, a bath tub, pavers & most recently a water heater. It's my mini truck, tons of help since we're homeowners. Pack the sucker full of stuff for when I am taking things to my mom's for a yard sale. Fill it to the roof with goods from IKEA! It's our travel comfort car, great for distance. Love all the heated things, like seats, mirrors & the windshield under the wipers. The hatch is high enough to stand under & keep dry if it's raining & we're unloading things. We never have to shovel it out & it got me to work every single day last winter when most people were stuck at home for 2-3 days. We love it. No matter what, we seem to average 24mpg. The 2011 is only bigger & has more gadgets than my 1999. We've talked about our love for it so much, my in-laws picked up a 2011 to replace a Highlander, which is perfect for them in snowy upstate New York. This past July I picked up a 2005 Legacy GT for my new dd. Love <3

Friday, January 07, 2011 7:29 PM
Subaru.

Josh
SLK 32

Friday, January 07, 2011 8:18 PM
Hey Brian You are alive ! All ill say is foresters are lesbian cars Haha

Friday, January 07, 2011 8:24 PM
matt you forget that i bought the mini from a big dyke in longmont!

and thanks for all the comments, but you people are just making this decision more difficult! haha

Friday, January 07, 2011 8:36 PM
FORESTER. That thing looks very nice.... And I don't think it's a lesbian's car. They can look nice, very nice. I like the way the new ones look a lot.

Friday, January 07, 2011 9:14 PM
Subaru. and between ur 2 pics. i'd go forester.

Friday, January 07, 2011 9:23 PM
I'd always say the turbo limited one, but I am biased lmao

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, January 07, 2011 9:50 PM
Subaru.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, January 07, 2011 9:55 PM

I've always had a fascination with the forester sti

Friday, January 07, 2011 10:16 PM
KG wrote:

I've always had a fascination with the forester sti

Saturday, January 08, 2011 2:13 AM
A Forester STI TORE IT UP at a local autocross event I went to.

I'm loving the new Sonata; it's a car that looks like it'll stay modern for a while because it's "edgy" enough but not too much, and you get a nice "feel" and that you got your money's worth.

On the Subaru's, they also feel nice, but while not as modern or forward looking, they counter with excellent utility.

I guess it just boils down to you needing to decide whether you want a sedan or a crossover/suv.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, January 08, 2011 4:32 AM
Very tough choice man!

I'd end up getting the Forester I guess. I love those things. Had one for two weeks on a business trip. Very fun to drive.

Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:18 AM
well im going to go check out some two of the subarus today so ill let you know

as far as molding goes thats not really in the cards this time. I plan on keeping this one stock, aside from maybe an intake and some utility accessories

one problem i have run into is that the outback does not stream audio wirelessly through bluetooth without the navigation package, and that is a feature that i would really like

Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:52 AM
if you were looking at the sonota then id consider a ford fusion, i dunno what it is about them but i really like them. a buddy from work has a brand new 10 fusion and loves it, its a 4cyl with the auto and he says hes getting really good gas mileage and the engine goes pretty good... ive been considering getting an 11 fusion for a daily.

Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:02 AM
Saturday, January 08, 2011 11:06 AM
New '11 fusions are sweet as well.

Whatever you get, I suggest you get it fully loaded. Spending the extra money for options like navigation will make your car continue to feel modern as you keep it for more and more years.

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search