car shopping sucks, but ive narrowed it down - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: car shopping sucks, but ive narrowed it down
Saturday, January 08, 2011 11:29 AM
why not a 3.6R Outback? the 2.5's with the CVTs feel gutless imo. very slow throttle response and no power. they do get very good gas milage, and despite a few recalls on the outback since its release, are very reliable and low maintanance. but in comparrison to the forester XT or the 3.6R its not even a question which can be more fun. if you're looking for a peppy DD thats more than capable of hadling a family, and have great options the 3.6R Outback or the Forester XT have my vote, but all 3 are good choices IMO.
the only thing i dont like about any of the new legacy's is the electronic parking brake nonsense. it un clutters the center console and so far works very well, but no one uses the parking brake anymore, lol.

Saturday, January 08, 2011 1:59 PM
ok here is an update

kinda ruled out the forester, because for the money, the forester and the outback just dont really compare

the outback has much more space, the fit and finish is nicer in the outback, and its a more comfortable ride too

so the forester is all but out of the running

as far as the 2.5 and the 3.6 go, i have driven both and im not sure if i care between the two engines, but its something to think about

i did find out that insurance coming from the mini to either one is going to be an increase of a whopping 6-16 dollars a year so thats nice

thanks again for the feedback and keep it coming

Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:01 PM
Well for the kind of car buyer you seem to be the outback just makes sense. Just make sure you get a 2011 model because for 2012 electronic stability control will be mandatory and you dont want that crap.

To me my daily driver once I start making real money will be an mid 90's 2 door impreza, frame off resto, and sti swaped. Because imo all new cars suck no matter who makes them, they're all too big, too heavy, and for the most part ugly as sin.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search