talk about overpriced (mini content) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
talk about overpriced (mini content)
Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:56 PM
So i got a call from my local mini dealership telling me that they had some of the new countryman coopers in

ive been interested in these so i went down to check it out

I dont think ive been more disappointed in a car before

first of all the thing isnt that much bigger than the regular minis, for instance, when i put my daughter in her rear facing car seat in the back, the dealer had to move his seat up considerably to not contact the back of the seat

and trunk space is improved, but that doesn't say much, as it has about the trunk space of a GTI, which isnt much

second of all the thing is not that special, in my opinion in any way

it has the handling of mini, except more body roll as it sits up higher

the ascetics of the car just weren't appealing either, with the hood scoop moved down to where it sits at the top of the bumper, odd placement in my opinion

the interior remains the same aside from the rail down the middle, which is a little weird honestly, and things just seem a bit cluttered

finally let just to pricing

for the base, stripped down non-turbo cooper countryman, the dealership had it marked up to 27,000

a loaded countryman s was running 35 grand

and a moderately equipped countryman All4 (four wheel drive when necessary) for 38 grand

am i the only one that is blown away by this?! I understand dealer markup is going to happen and that this is the first shipment, but holy hell

not to mention that the all4 4wheel drive cant even handle a 45 degree incline, let alone provide the performance many see in a true all wheel drive car

ok, end rant, thanks

Re: talk about overpriced (mini content)
Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:59 PM
ouch! i don't like the countryman idea anyways, but 38k! forget that, buy a tbss!

Friday, January 14, 2011 6:43 AM
You could buy a new 3-series BMW for that money lol.

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:03 AM
You could buy 7 used j-body's for that money.

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:29 AM
I have been looking at used cooper s's for a new toy what year did the ditch the m62 in favor of the turbo? Also how is your mini cooper anything in particular I should be looking for in a used one? That is some horrible dealer mark up try another dealer when I bought the Genesis coupe it was first shipment and I found a dealer that showed me their actual invoice and I only paid 300 over invoice for it.

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:29 AM
I drive a silver car wrote:You could buy 7 used j-body's for that money.

Well played

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:46 AM
Eternal wrote:
I drive a silver car wrote:You could buy 7 used j-body's for that money.

Well played

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:54 AM
With the way priced are you could buy more j bodies than that!

And they went turbo in 07 and they ditched the m45. That engine couldnt handle an m62
As far as finding one decently priced I would head over to northamericanmotoring.com
There are lots of people selling over there. If you have any questions let me know

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:18 AM
yellow cavy (s/c L61) wrote:I have been looking at used cooper s's for a new toy what year did the ditch the m62 in favor of the turbo? Also how is your mini cooper anything in particular I should be looking for in a used one? That is some horrible dealer mark up try another dealer when I bought the Genesis coupe it was first shipment and I found a dealer that showed me their actual invoice and I only paid 300 over invoice for it.

it was an M45

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:22 AM
Cool thanks I will check that site out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search