Duramax Mileage - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Duramax Mileage
Friday, January 14, 2011 10:29 AM
What is one of the better/best programmers out there for the 6.6 Duramax? Truck is a 2007 GMC Sierra Classic with the 2006 Duramax in it.
I've already found an ebay intake for 90 dollars on ebay, compared to the 300 for a banks setup.
Looking at doing a mbrp exhaust setup too, unless someone otherwise states a better one.

Any help out there for better mileage in a Duramax?

Thanks!

Re: Duramax Mileage
Friday, January 14, 2011 2:00 PM
Honestly, check out the diesel forums, there are a ton of duramax based forums with pages and pages of info on better mileage.

If im feeling nice later ill post the links.

Performance wise, nothing beats a real tune, but personally, I like either the edge or Banks for a handheld

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:27 PM
No one else play with trucks here?

This is for my middle aged dad, so nothing to dump soot, just better mileage and a bit more power for towing.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:29 AM
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php

and yes to MBRP exhaust, its pretty much what everyone runs, and you can get duals singles, angled, straight, you name it tons of different style and sizes

Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:55 AM
dont waste your money on cheap ebay crap , it will cost you big time , replacing expensive diesel parts isnt cheap

Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:19 AM
also simply adding a meth kit, most of my friends noticed a 2-3mph increase alone, but it has to be jet right for the system. They all just buy a 55 gallon drum of meth and it lasts forever since you dilute it so much and your meth tank only holds 5 gallons for the truck kits. so you are using 2.5 gallons of meth every month or so.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:42 PM
I'm thinking of doing the Edge Tuner (Diesel Evolution), along with the MBRP Cat Back. What intake should I look for that is decently priced with good gains?

Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:43 PM
SLOCAV wrote:No one else play with trucks here?

This is for my middle aged dad, so nothing to dump soot, just better mileage and a bit more power for towing.

Well like I said you could check out the diesel forums....where people actually drive these trucks.

I will say this, Intake is a waste of money. Argue it every which way you want, the stock intake is good up to 500-600hp. Check out the PPE Box Mod though and EGR block

MBRP is popular but is certainly not the only exhaust to run, and the predator Programmer seems to be the best for econ modes...people are seeing 22-23mpg.

Meth can be good as well, but do you research...again, not on the Jbody forum.

But what do I know about Diesel Motors...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:45 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search