THE TRUTH ABOUT BMW FROM A 3 YEAR OWNER - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: THE TRUTH ABOUT BMW FROM A 3 YEAR OWNER
Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:33 PM
as much as I've read so far, if I had the chance to get an E46 M3, I'd do it in a heartbeart regardless lol.. call me stubborn

if you're dead set on German, I'd say go VW. just avoid the first 2 yrs of any new generation and you'll be ok. the CC is a beautiful car IMO.. I'd get one if I could afford it. also, Audi is a nice pick.. rarely do I hear Audi owners bitch and complain

Volvo is also a good path. I got a friend who's entire family owns nothing but Volvo, and they all love them. hell, his first car was a hand-me-down '88 740Ti that had over 400k on it. and believe it or not, he built it to the point where it'd pull on Evo's and STi's all day long. short on problems, long on performance and reliability. and damn are they looking hot these days

good luck with whatever you pick tho. I know I'd be just as upset had I dumped some bank on a car, and it turned out to be crap

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Monday, January 17, 2011 6:59 AM
StreetDreamZz wrote:I went from a Cav to a g35...and now own a g37. yes coupes, but honestly now that I've gone Nissan, I don't think I'll ever go back? From the top (GTR), to the bottom with the Maxima's, I never, EVER hear bad things about Nissan motors. They're strong, reliable, sometimes short on torque ratings, but the HP output, the class, the luxiery, and reliability are all there, and they're there for good.

I find this pretty surprising if you're such an Infiniti guy. I'm guessing your 05-06 G35 wasn't a 6MT? Have you not heard of the quart-per-thousand-miles / multiple expensive engine replacement with the same major oil consumption flaw?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, January 17, 2011 7:09 AM
^ that's one of the primary reasons why I DIDN'T buy a G35. (posted before finishing).

Also, Audi's can be nightmares when it comes to reliability, not sure where the other comment came from.

As for the Mercedes comments, buying an AMG really is nice, just need to be careful WHICH ones you buy and which ones you're willing to have in the shop and pay up on. This really goes for most of Mercedes' line, since some models and years are much more reliable than others.

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search