2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:40 PM
I agree to prefer the GT500 over this only because i am pretty sure the Mustang would be MUCH cheaper for a better car IMO.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:20 PM
Yikes. Also less than impressed with that front air dam(age). Why'd they screw so bad with what worked so well? Sigh.

Now, driveline wise, I'd give the left one in a heartbeat to own it. First thing I'd do is change that front end though!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:46 PM
Need to go find my pants now....

Very sweet!

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:18 PM
I love the front end

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:20 PM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:Now, driveline wise, I'd give the left one in a heartbeat to own it. First thing I'd do is change that front end though!

I wouldnt go quite that far. If it was in a decent looking 2800 pound car and not a 2 ton land yacht that has looks only a mother could love then I'd share the sentiment.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:39 PM
Quite frankly for me, the styling is finally to a satisfactory level. To me the Base/SS looks has a strong "D+" grade, this ZL1 is a "B" for now. It needs a Red bow Tie!
The front end is all purpose built, sure it looks like "Bumble Bee," but you have to remember that Transformers was a rolling GM commercial, so it should surprise no one on how this ZL1 looks. One thing I can see is the upgraded interior (even though these pics are just prototypes) and the steering wheel is indeed a better design than the ship wheel it had before. Even though the steering wheel components are shared with the Cruze, except for the steering rim & complete with the flat bottom and Alcantara material.
If you have a Cruze, this would be a nice steering wheel to put in. lol Or maybe for the SS Cruze (?).

Also.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:57 PM
Oh and for all of those wondering why no "Z28" moniker? Well, that label will be back later on, GM destines that car to go toe-to-toe with the Ford Mustang Boss 302.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:00 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Oh and for all of those wondering why no "Z28" moniker? Well, that label will be back later on, GM destines that car to go toe-to-toe with the Ford Mustang Boss 302.

I smell, LS7 candidate. What better to put the mighty 427 name against the mighty 5.0. BUT they really should put a destroked to 305 cubic inch LS1 in it. Then they could actually call it a Z28.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:02 PM

Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:11 PM
I'll agree, doesn't look mean at all, like it's supposed to. It's not like how when the ZR1 came out, where you could definitely tell it commanded respect with its lower stance, wider wide body, and well shaped hood bulge. I figured this engine would make it into the Camaro though, it was needed in the lineup (as w/ the CTS-V).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:20 PM
I'm sure the new 5.5L engine thats coming to the Vette will find its way into the Camaro

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, February 11, 2011 3:34 PM
Apparently, entry price for a ZL! will be 47k.
I'm sure GM Canada will add the 20% premium because they are special.

Can't believe how many people are whining over the net for an auto.
I wonder if buyers actually want it?

Still hate the bumper.
Not suprized, just disapointed, from an old farts perspective.
The car will look better to me in darker color, with black wheels.
The transformers vette sure gets me dreamin.

I'd love to see a Z28 with a dry sump engine like the Grand sport.
That with a widebody with a track setup might be the car of my dreams.
-500lbs

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:41 AM
I actually really like it... it's not perfect but it's pretty sweet.

I also agree on what someone mentioned before on selling a model that is stripped down to bare bones with biggest engine available. I would love it!!! Just meet the legal safety laws and ditch almost everything else.

No power windows, no power locks, AC, SATNAV, power seats, sound deadening, nothing. Just my foot, a giant engine, and a light car. Done! Go ahead Ford! They seem like the only ones to take risks and make them work. I'm sure they'll have enthusiasts banging down their factory doors for one.

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:25 PM
I saw this at the Chicago Auto Show. GM reps didn't have any price listed, nor an estimate. It does look real nice in person, but nothing really stands out for it with the exception of the "ZL1" badge.
Friday, February 18, 2011 9:30 PM
Ofcourse the autoshow models are not going to have prices, the car won't be out until early 2012 calendar year. Remember that Ford is there waiting and GM wants to see where the GT500 will be priced first.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:06 AM
I didn't say I asked the models, I said the GM reps who had information on the prices, availability, etc of the cars.
Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:07 PM
Yhea, I know what you meant. It is that those "reps" are there to answer questions that they memorized from the brochures and they carry a N.A.D.A. orange book to answer pricing of them, they really have no insight on the future car's info, like the ZL1's pricing.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:56 AM
styling = meh

performance = hell yes

I thought I remember reading that the Z28 was gonna get this motor and be released later this yr.. ? guess they couldnt have the Z28 being faster then the SS

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:58 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:styling = meh

performance = hell yes

I thought I remember reading that the Z28 was gonna get this motor and be released later this yr.. ? guess they couldnt have the Z28 being faster then the SS

Exactly. The Z28 needs to be an all out handling car with the lightest engine they have in it, in other words, twin turbo v6.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:10 AM
I wouldnt even say that TT was necessary. just build the suspension to be the best of the best, make the lighter V6 more powerful than the rest of the pack, and boom: a primo Z28 that stays true to its roots

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:47 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Yhea, I know what you meant. It is that those "reps" are there to answer questions that they memorized from the brochures and they carry a N.A.D.A. orange book to answer pricing of them, they really have no insight on the future car's info, like the ZL1's pricing.

Very true. Most of the time you ask any of the reps for any of the companies any question, and it's an automatic up-sell agenda. The GM models sure were the hottest though, lol
Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:07 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Yhea, I know what you meant. It is that those "reps" are there to answer questions that they memorized from the brochures and they carry a N.A.D.A. orange book to answer pricing of them, they really have no insight on the future car's info, like the ZL1's pricing.

Very true. Most of the time you ask any of the reps for any of the companies any question, and it's an automatic up-sell agenda. The GM models sure were the hottest though, lol

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:09 PM
I had my g/f with me man. If I started taking pics of them, my ass would be kicked, lol
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:29 AM
I've spent thousands of hours being a GM rep GM rep at shows.
If you think thier lack of knowledge is a disgrace, you should talk to the public for a while.
I promiss you that after 10 hours of standing next to a car, it's the best you can do to simply smile.
In reality, the person by the car might very well be informed, but they are told not to share.
Everything passsing to the public in these circumstances must first be passed through the marketing guys.
Where they figure out different ways to insult the customer.

Please, oh please don't make the Z28 a v6.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:08 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:I had my g/f with me man. If I started taking pics of them, my ass would be kicked, lol

haha...Totally understand.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:02 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:I had my g/f with me man. If I started taking pics of them, my ass would be kicked, lol

someone lost their man tools , lmao

mine has absolutely no problem with it , hell she might even think something was really wrong with me if i DIDNT take pics

GM still needs their corporate nuts kicked in for the name

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search