Officially SSmatters! 06 Balt SS - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Officially SSmatters! 06 Balt SS
Saturday, March 05, 2011 6:13 AM
Who is this guy?? Lol. I NEED SUGGESTIONS GUYS! I am already looking into a staged kit.

You guys think Projectors would be tacky? Next is a drop though... I think itll really set it off.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:24 AM
GTmatters wrote:Who is this guy?? Lol.

Since this scab is apparently being picked again, I can elaborate.

Mike Long is a fellow whose HHR turbosystem development prototype fell into my year of hell...when I had to suddenly move away from home and work for many months to tend to my dying father. Needless to say, everything in my world fell well behind as I watched my father, the industry icon Bill Hahn Sr., waste away and die before my eyes over a period of many months. I'm still working to recover the lost momentum.

While less compassionate types like Mr. Long may continue to castigate me for what happened that year as a result of my prolonged absence, I have no regrets, as I know in my heart I did the right thing. While I got close once I returned, I never was able to 100% complete Mr. Long's car, as he pulled it from me and refused to bring it back for completion. Despite my efforts to get someone in his region (someone from this forum actually) to assist remotely in tuning it, that person was having problems in his own world, and was unable to follow through. All other efforts on my part to complete the project were met with continued obstinance from Mr. Long. I came to understand that I had chosen very poorly in this development partner, as not only have I lost serious money due to not having a competed system to offer to the public, he's also taken every opportunity to smear my name since. The HHR community did not get the system they were waiting for, and I've had to also eat the development costs.

I'd really like to put the pain of that year behind me, fellas. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:55 AM
You said blank slate. Do they come stock with boost gauges or was that done by you / a previous owner? Its just curiosity more then anything since there arnt many cars with factory boost gauges, the last one I saw was a STI. If thats stock thats pretty cool.

Nice car man try to stay out of trouble

GTmatters, SSmatter, you'll always be gingerwang

Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:25 AM
GTmatters wrote:Who is this guy?? Lol. I NEED SUGGESTIONS GUYS! I am already looking into a staged kit.

You guys think Projectors would be tacky? Next is a drop though... I think itll really set it off.

Erm. A uh Bomex Body kit. Ya that would make it......uhhhhh.... sexy.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:25 PM
.....and a double decker spoiler mounted to the high-rise .

Sunday, March 06, 2011 12:09 AM
Haha I will google both of those....(The double decker spoiler and bomex body kit) What about the projectors??? I love projectors but these stock lights are sexxaaay.

And yes Weebel it is stock. The only thing the guy did was put the Red and black leather interior in it(which was possible to have stock but was an upgrade), the full 3" Vibrant exhaust, and the 2010 SS/TC front end. And yes it is pretty sweet. It ALSO comes stock/standard with electric steering and the Pioneer 7 speaker sound system.

And I will/am trying to stay out of trouble. People want to race me and @!#$ and my insurance is already going to be crazy sooo.. yeah. Haha

Bill- Sorry to hear that man. I will def steer clear because you are a respectable guy and I remember when all that @!#$ was going on and I give you respect for that.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:41 AM
If you do projectors the only one's IMHO that look good are the 4th gen ones. They actually look like that could be factory, they have no rice lights, and DEPO makes them, whom makes some pretty nice aftermarket lenses.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 9:53 AM
I avoid tint everyone i know with it is constantly harrassed by cops for it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:11 AM
Yeah I will have to check them out bc that is the reason why I dont like them. I dont even like Audi headlight most of the time to be honest. Like I said I may just keep it the way it is... they are plenty bright enough. I just keep lows on with fog lights on.

And Yeah I definitely am not going 20% if I do do it.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:33 PM
I dont do tint either for the same reason, and you mean electronic assist steering right? I havnt had an opportunity to see how the new electric setup works.

Also.. you better not but a beaner spoiler on that car

Monday, March 07, 2011 12:29 AM
Beaner spoiler? What do you mean?

And yeah thats what I mean. And it is pretty cool.... but it is DIFFERENT. Like you cant feel the road quite as much as you do when its just power steering. So you cant feel wheels losing traction going around turns as easily. BUT my 18s feel like 15s going around turns and it turns SO smooth.. just takes getting used to.

And I think I am feeling like 35% tint... I dunno... ide rather drop the money into performance. And now a tire.... FML. hahaha.

Monday, March 07, 2011 9:54 AM
cool a girl i know drives one of those. and well you both have vaginas. so thats cool i guess..

lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 07, 2011 11:05 AM
Lol.... ask my AG buddies on here if I have a vagina.... Can't believe I pulled that card. And it's nice and i'm a young buck man. Its good for me.

Monday, March 07, 2011 11:35 AM
IT basically means one of the ugly ass spoilers that dont do a damn thing.

Its a slightly racist but really commonly used term.

Monday, March 07, 2011 3:16 PM
GTmatters wrote:Lol.... ask my AG buddies on here if I have a vagina.... Can't believe I pulled that card. And it's nice and i'm a young buck man. Its good for me.

A picture of a gingerwang doesnt prove you have one.

I saw a smokin hot girl driving one the other day. Holy chit. She wouldnt race the Shistfire though. Hahaha.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:17 AM
Hahaha you'd be amazed how many people try to race me... Blah.

And Weebel I have heard it before but its been a minute. I like ricer better and the roots are also slightly racist. Lol.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:56 AM
Meh.. around here ricer means something slightly different LOL but ya it prob works where your from.

Remember what happened last time a girl in a mustang got you to race

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:39 PM
Trust me... I remember that. Hahahaha. And the sunfire wasnt as loud and wasnt as capable... I know how fast it is. That's all that matters.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:27 PM
pffffffft my MR2 was built in 1991 and has electric power steering. WEAK!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:41 PM
Haha It is nice. I like it.

My cousin may be buying a built MR2. Fun little cars.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:19 PM
Your recall been performed for the steering while we're jabbering? LOL.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:54 PM
very nice gt

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:16 PM
Thx blu and Joe ill respond to your PM. I replaced the fuse for the cruise and it still dont work. Sooo my knee was killing me after driving all around pittsburgh and back without cruise. Haha. AND now my damn ebrake isnt working.. the button is coming out and it just has tention when pulling it up but doesnt stay or lock the wheels up. .... Grr.. lol.

Bought some stuff for the Balt yesterday and am going to look at my buddies stuff from his old Balt. He got a 2010 WRX and traded his base model cobalt that was all riced out.. lmfao... SOOOO hopefully he hooks me up and gives me some @!#$ cheap. Haha.

And for those who havent seen the interior:

And the money maker:

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:14 PM
welcome to the club, I picked up my 06 black ss late fall of last year, they are great cars. I don't plan to mod mine beyond stg II.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:45 PM
Once I pay my car off I want one with a blown engine so I can DD it, and have my TVS Ion go turbo, or twin-charged....

Hell thats a dream since I need to be drugged heavily to even be able to walk or drive a car! Not going away soon either. Mainly why mine isnt done! I havent had more than my Vics I take, and its my DD so it being 10 miles away and only a few people even care, who were internet found have came to help, and I paid them gas money, bought them food, and other things for being good people.

Just get injectors, pulley and a tune. My advice is to buy HPTPro. There is an awesome guy who has helped my by remotely logging onto my laptop while I have my phone tethered who has helped me tons. Honestly when you go to tune send me an email and I will give you his info. He knows it well and even made a histogram log scanner by hand to record things. HPTPro and you can datalog and change at will, best thing I could have done!

BLOWN2POINT4 Ion Quad Coupe Autotragic