2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2013 Chevrolet Malibu
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:32 PM

The all-new Malibu will transcend time zones and embrace the diversity of cultures around the world when Chevrolet simultaneously unveils it live at the Shanghai Auto Show and on Chevrolet’s Facebook page.

Chevrolet provided a sneak peak glimpse today of its Malibu show car. Chevrolet will unveil the new Malibu live starting at 9:30 p.m. EDT on April 18.

Consumers are encouraged to post questions during the reveal on Twitter using #MalibuReveal or on Chevrolet’s Facebook page in the Malibu tab. Members of the Chevrolet team will be on hand to answer questions during a live moderated question-and-answer session following the web reveal.

The timing of the Web reveal coincides with the April 19 auto show debut of the new Malibu in Shanghai. The Malibu show car will also be shown at the New York International Auto Show, which is open to the public April 23 through May 1.

“This Malibu takes Chevrolet’s established and award-winning nameplate to new places and introduces it to new audiences around the world,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet. “Whether the Malibu is sold in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, or Australia, it has been engineered from the ground up to meet the needs of customers around the world.”

The Malibu will feature a global family of fuel-efficient and powerful four-cylinder engines, along with six-speed transmissions that also contribute to efficient performance. The Malibu was designed to stand out in all markets around the globe, while its European-inspired driving characteristics were engineered to challenge the best in its class. The new Malibu is Chevrolet’s first midsize car to be sold globally. It will be sold in nearly 100 countries on six continents and built in multiple locations, including China and two facilities in the United States.

“We look forward to offering the new Malibu to our customers across China," said Kevin Wale, president and managing director of the GM China Group. “The Malibu fully embodies Chevrolet's tradition of dynamic styling, superior handling and outstanding fuel efficiency. It will address growing domestic demand in the upper-medium segment, especially among younger car buyers."

The Malibu was Chevrolet’s – and GM’s – best-selling car in the United States in 2010, with sales of nearly 200,000 vehicles. It is among Chevrolet’s most-decorated vehicles in the United States, earning more than 40 industry awards since 2008. The Malibu was the only midsize car in the industry to win the Consumers Digest Automotive “Best Buy” award the last three years – 2011, 2010 and 2009. The Malibu has also been named a “Top Safety Pick” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety the last two years.

With the new Malibu, Chevrolet continues to position itself for worldwide growth. GM’s largest brand is in the midst of introducing a global family of fuel-efficient cars including the Cruze, Volt, Sonic/Aveo, Spark and Malibu. These new cars compete in the four largest vehicle segments in the world, which accounted for 54 percent of all non-luxury sales in 2010. The global segment that Malibu will compete in represented 9 percent – more than 5.7 million vehicles – of global sales in 2010.

Last year, Chevrolet sold 4.26 million vehicles globally, or an average of one vehicle every 7.4 seconds. Eight of the top 10–selling markets for Chevrolet in 2010 were emerging markets – Brazil, China, Uzbekistan, Mexico, Russia, India, Argentina and Colombia. Emerging Markets are expected to account for more than 50 percent of Chevrolet global sales by 2012.

More than 600,000 Malibu cars have been sold globally since 2008, when it was named the North American Car of the Year. The 2013 Malibu represents the eighth generation of the nameplate, which was introduced in 1964.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2013 Chevrolet Malibu
Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:45 AM
Seems promising! Let me guess they'll put the 1.4 T engine in. lol
Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:38 AM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:Seems promising! Let me guess they'll put the 1.4 T engine in. lol
I sound like a broken record at this point, but PLEASE DON'T GM!! Direct injected 2.2 or 2.4 ecotecs only please! OR a 2.0t a la buick regal. No opel/euro ecotecs!!

I'm excited to see the whole car. Had they offered the current generation in manual trans i would own one.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:38 AM
Pleased to see they didnt fall asleep designing the rear end again this time around.

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:19 AM
^^^^^ they didnt fall asleep, they just cut and pasted ala camaro

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:45 AM
Snowman wrote:^^^^^ they didnt fall asleep, they just cut and pasted ala camaro

Even so, it can't be any worse than the rear end they threw on last time. I'm not going to hold my breath though..

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:42 AM
wish they paid back the money so i could consider it..

Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:19 AM
????
gm paid back all of its gov bailot already

Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:39 AM
This new Malibu will be under the Buick Regal platform, which carries a smaller wheelbase than the current Malibu.
From the looks of it, GM captured some design ideas from the first generation Stratus; upper trunk lid (integrated spoiler) and wider (side bump buldge) rear body panel. I always thought those car looked just about perfect for a sedan.

Lastly, the current Malibu's rear looked to similar to the Daewoo/Suzuki Verona.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:22 AM
The Malibu was nothing more then a Saturn Aura . . . With a slightly different appearance.
Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:47 PM
How about just adding two more doors on the Camaro SS and call it Malibu. problem solved.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:30 PM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:How about just adding two more doors on the Camaro SS and call it Malibu. problem solved.
BEST idea evar! keep the existing v6 and add an LNF and 6 speed manual. WINNING

Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:43 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:The Malibu was nothing more then a Saturn Aura . . . With a slightly different appearance.

True, add to that G6 too... And the Aura, G6 was under Malibu MAXX's extended Epsilon platform.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:11 PM
Snowman wrote:????

Wrong.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:40 PM

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:45 PM

chevy regal???

Friday, April 01, 2011 12:33 AM
GM is on the road of failure again. Instead of the same car under different brands. Brands that don't exist no more. They just make every chevrolet look like the same damn car.

Old Malibu front end went on everything. Camaro rear goes on this. Next will be the silverado front end on the cruze!

Saturday, April 02, 2011 6:09 PM
Jookycola wrote:
Snowman wrote:????

Wrong.
ahhh yeah its all paid up the gov has to sell its shares but they want to the shares to go up a little more. gm paid back all they had to trust me of i wouldn't have got a profit sharing

see ya!

Saturday, April 02, 2011 6:25 PM
They just took out another loan to pay back the bailout. It's just a shell game.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 6:27 PM
It was paid off with TARP funds.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:46 PM
mitdr774 wrote:It was paid off with TARP funds.
Which is still a government loan from us...taxpayers. GM merely used one source of TARP funds to repay another. The taxpayers are still on the hook. A debt-for-equity swap is not a repayment...it’s akin to paying off your Visa credit card with your Mastercard — and then bragging about how you paid off your Visa...when really you didn't. Taxpayers are still on the hook for GM. Nothing at all has changed.

Monday, April 04, 2011 1:42 AM
They should all give us a Camaro SS and we'll stop ranting.
Monday, April 04, 2011 11:48 AM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:They should all give us a Camaro SS and we'll stop ranting.

This. Lol. I don't mind the tails but I would prefer to see them on something other than white. I like them in the red initially posted.

Monday, April 04, 2011 1:24 PM
People have made pretty good renderings on the net based on the patent office sketches. So far i love it a lot more than the current model.

Monday, April 04, 2011 3:26 PM
All this feel good talk about global sharing koombya = Opel.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search