Staging the LSJ - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Staging the LSJ
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:14 PM
Im not sure if it works better on a stock blower but that OEM blower spacer did not work for @!#$ on my TVS, supplied gaskets did not work, rtv did not work, anything I tried had massive vac leak, and it did nothing for temps like it was supposed to

be sure to do the gm dual pass as well, you can find the plates pretty cheap not much more than 100 bucks for one, for a 2.7/60s setup you need all the cooling mods you can get.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:17 PM
Alright. What would be the best place to look for the dual pass?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:43 PM
It's a marketing thing to make more money and buy all at once rather than piecing it together and saving money.

Sponsored by P&P Tuning
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:25 PM
GTmatters wrote:Alright. What would be the best place to look for the dual pass?

I sent you a pm. $80 shipped is what I am looking for. Its one I had made.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:51 PM
GTmatters wrote:I will look into it. I see you seen I was looking to buy the ZZPs. I seen several people on SS.net saying they loved them and that they werent brutal but were stiff.

And I just looked up the sportlines: 1" in the front and 1.3" in the back. Think that is enough drop?

You decide, I think it's great personally.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:17 AM
Hey man i'm not sure what guage you are referring to for temps... are you just talking about the "coolant temp" if so that is not what i'm referring too. Your IAT temps are the temperature of the compressed air flowing through your intake manifold. If those are currently 180 degrees you have something seriously wrong with your intercooler system.

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:59 AM
I'm sure the 180 mentioned was the engine cooling temp.

What Jimmy referenced is the IAT1/IAT2 temps which will tell you the efficiency of your supercharger's cooling system, which is seperate from the engine cooling.

One wise thing to do is verify your intercooler pump is still working, you will see fluid moving in the neck with the car running, however my favorite method to check this is to jump the relay with the vehicle off, key on, it is in the enginebay's fusebox and don't directly quote me until I'm 100%, because I'd hate to ruin something, but I believe you jump 87 & 30 where the relay goes. Haven't done that as mine is tuned to run key-on.

Intercooler pump failure is common, electric motor, brushes wear, majority of every car I've went to do cooling mods on has had a dead pump.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:16 PM
Yes that is what I was referring to and thanks a lot guys once again. Everyone has been really helpful.

Friday, April 01, 2011 2:58 PM
I have the eibachs sportlines whatever the lower drop ones are... on stock shocks and its not the best ride quality.

Pretty much everyone agrees the pedders/oem LNF shocks are the combo to go with for best ride and handling

Friday, April 01, 2011 8:27 PM
I will eventually change struts but I am doing it for a cheap appearance/handling combo tbh. And I am pretty sure the sportlines are less of a drop but it's no biggy. Mind posting any picks of the drop?

Thursday, April 07, 2011 5:05 PM
i dont really have any handy sportlines are strictly an appearance mod, they have no ride or handling improvement over stock

Friday, April 08, 2011 8:05 AM
Well what is the best spring for both appearance and handling iyo?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search