MR2 is FINALLY painted - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MR2 is FINALLY painted
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:48 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:MR2 hands down. Reliability, parts availability, looks, handling, etc etc. Over all the Fiero is a @!#$ pile. Sorry I hate those cars lol.
maybe now, back in 04 when i got my mr2 I had to replace the harmonic balancer on the engine. and since its a two peice set up with a poly bushing between the inner and the outer peices the only place i was able to get one was a salvage yard in california. then when my wife hydroplaned and smacked a curb she bent the @!#$ out of one original mag wheels. i found one, since the fronts and the backs are different sizes in houston texas. ours was a 1991. after all of that even with proper maintenance we were guessing where it would leave us stranded again. i got sick of fixing it every two weeks and traded it off. just wait till you have to do an alternator. you have to drop the rear cross brace and remove the lower engine mounts to get it out. i had the same generation as you. the storage was really nice and we were looking at adding some elemental design narrow subs to it before i got mad enough to trade the car.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:24 AM
Na or turbo? The 3sgte's are finicky annoying motors with expensive parts. Not only is my na reliable as hell, its got a second gen 5s in it so its a tad newer and all. I haven't had any major issues to speak of. Its the same 4 banger in the camry's dude. I just don't see how the same motor can be less reliable in one car than another....

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:13 PM
Mine was a 1991 Na but the same motor that was used in the turbo edition. It was finicky as hell. I also suffered from having the automatic. That was the first car i had to do any real wiring in. It had the problem that the cooling fans would not kick in and cool so i check everything. electronic and mechanical. all relays and everything else was fine. so all i could do was narrow it down to a break in the wire somewhere. so after a week of the car on stands in the garage and two cases of beer, i ended up remaking the front wiring harness. i also ended up adding a bypass from the relays to the cooling fans. so when the car started the fans automatically kicked on. I really do miss that car though. I made it from ames to cedar rapids in a little over an hour and a half at 2 im the morning once. my wife was driving my cav and i had to go rescue her when it busted a belt. god it was fun though. i would take the sunroof out. windows down and the system up and just cruise ames.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:09 PM
Umm fairly sure in 91 the na came with a 5sfe only, not the 3sge.... Its not the same motor as the turbo lol

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:49 PM
what ever it was, i am fairly sure i was fixing it every two weeks.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:51 PM
plus i traded the car three cars ago so four years at a minimum.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:52 PM
Heh. I dunno, sounds like you got a bad apple. The 5SFE is a damn reliable motor, and if you maintain them they shouldn't give you any issues for a very long time.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:59 PM
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 8:10 PM
Thanks Jason.

BTW, Ted. I stopped at a light in traffic today after work. After sitting for about 3 seconds I heard my fans kick in. I though of you.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:36 AM
I have been waiting to see the MR2 around town, but i hardly get down to bellevue anymore. sometime this summer when things slow down for me, i will have to see it in person.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:28 AM
Definitely man. Where u livimg right now?

Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:46 AM
right now i am up in woodbine, iowa, but we have some showings of houses coming up this weekend in glenwood iowa. hopefully by may we close on a place and are moving closer to omaha. we are planning on staying on the east side of the river though.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 11:26 AM
Glenwood should have decent prices. So long as u don't end up in the @!#$hole known as council bluffs lol. I'm happy here in bellevue though.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:42 PM
Nice car.....I have always liked that year MR2.

You don't like Council-Tucky?!

Bellevue is pretty nice.....my old stomping grounds!

Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:58 PM
Yep Bellevue is a decent little town in some parts for sure. And no.. council-tucky is nasty. Horrible horrible disgusting meth infested white trash worthless city.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:06 PM
Yeah I went to school in Bellevue....K -12. It has grown a lot!

We used to cruz Broadway a LONG time ago....lol. I remember a few us were riding our bikes our there and of course they stick me with the fat trailer trash chick. I think she bottomed out my bike!

Friday, April 08, 2011 9:15 AM
council bluffs just makes me feel like i am going to get the herpes, trashy little place

Friday, April 08, 2011 11:19 AM
Werrrrrd. But 1892 is a neat little bar. But more often than not the inbred hillbilly locals are flooding the place

Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:16 PM
until we plug the jukebox full of metal and say @!#$ RAP! lol

You guys oughta come down to my new house in Plattsmouth. My garage can more than accomodate

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search