Couple updates on the balt + streetbike (56k death) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Couple updates on the balt + streetbike (56k death)
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:12 PM
Been doing a few little things to the cobalt lately, only BIG things I forsee this year is built head ( over winter ) other than that finally got to the point of realizing hey if you pay off some bills youll have more play money at the end of the month.... so thats mostly where my focus has been.

Got her washed up from the horrendous new england winter we had

Got interceptor installed on steering wheel pod

Transformer emblem in steering wheel

Mini Antenna

New Pads/Rotors from R1 Concepts

Clutch was shot

So I bought GMPP upgrade with new TOB and Hardline

Also Installed OTTP Stage 1 Axles

Afte I shattered the drivers axle in the parking garage which was followed by this...

Installed an armrest

Thought I had an exhaust leak.... found out it was a 4 inch long x 1/4 inch wide hole in my gmpp manifold.
Upgraded to the BadMab header and redynoed.
Got 263/247 hp/tq out of her

Current shot of the engine bay with CF pieces custom made by Big Poppa himself

GenuineSaab.com solid shifter bushings

Got some bixenon projector retrofits

That plus all previous other mods ( 2.7, water/meth, etc...) is where she stands now

And now this is back on the road

Tis all for now....

Re: Couple updates on the balt + streetbike (56k death)
Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:26 AM
Wow man I love them both. What are you running for the drop?

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:42 AM
Nice to see the polished wheels on that blue! Always see the gunmetal ones.

Very nice and clean. Well done!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:54 AM
both car and bike look great

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:47 AM
GTmatters wrote:Wow man I love them both. What are you running for the drop?

Thanks
Suspension is H&R springs, Koni Yellow struts ( must for this drop ), OTTP steering rack spacers, progress rear swaybar, and dc sport strut bar.
I hate wheelgap and this is the only setup I found to drop to where I wanted without coilovers. my cavalier used to be on h&rs and i fell in love

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:49 AM
02_redbadged wrote:Nice to see the polished wheels on that blue! Always see the gunmetal ones.

Very nice and clean. Well done!

Thank you I ran aftermarket wheels for a while until an incident at the body shop where they spilled something on the wheels and it ate the clearcoat off and the rims started going to hell. Filed a complaint and they said there was no way it could have happened there and I got no where after 6 months so I sold them and went back to these. I think its a clean look since as you said everyone stock usually has the gun metal ones.

side note Ive always loved your car since back when I owned a J 4+ years ago

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:49 AM
the Jew wrote:both car and bike look great

Thank you

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:56 AM
Yes that drop is perfect... I may have to look into this in the future. I am going with Eibach Sportlines on stock struts for temp to just get rid of some of the wheel gap since I am getting the springs for only 100 bucks.

This may be a stupid question but what does the steering rack spacer do?

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:33 AM
a rack spacer brings back the steering rack geometry that is lost when you lower a vehicle. helps alot with bump steer. Its recomended for dropped cars in general, but is damn near a must with this drop.

your right wheel gap is the devil! cant go wrong with springs at that price! good find!

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:30 PM
Hey dude looks good

Who made the Retros for you?

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:46 PM
Very clean!

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:16 PM
Car looks awesome, bike looks like a ton of fun, and your upgrades look great! But please enlighten me on how you shattered an axle driving/parking in a parking garage if you don't drive around in there like a dick?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:39 AM
D-Mac wrote:Hey dude looks good

Who made the Retros for you?

I bought them off another member on css.net but BuyHIDs made them. STILL dont have the HIDs working. They are currently off the car and im shipping back everything except the headlight housings for mike to look at.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:39 AM
The09GXP wrote:Very clean!

Thank you

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:45 AM
I want the black retrofits real bad. I had them on the fire, ill have them on the balt... but a lot cheaper for the balt. Lol.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:46 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Car looks awesome, bike looks like a ton of fun, and your upgrades look great! But please enlighten me on how you shattered an axle driving/parking in a parking garage if you don't drive around in there like a dick?

No problem, Im a security supervisor where I work, so driving around like a dick would not look good to other people in the garage, OR the security cameras which are run by another department ( im inside supervisor, theyre outside patrol ). Plus i dont see what the point of wasting 208$ a piece pirelli tires by spinning them through a parking garage would do for my ego, or the car. Itd be a waste all around.

But what happened was, in CT we had a hellacious winter, and on the back side of the garage its butted up against a sharp cliff. Well after one of the storms they were taking a bob cat and dumping the snow off the top level over the edge. This created an avalanche about 80 feet wide and the snow was piled about 4 feet high and that all went rushing down into the bottom level pushing cars against that same side out into the bracing for the parking garage and into each other and it was a sight to see but a mess at the same time.
So i stopped to take a picture from the level i always park my car at. I pulled over, get out, take pictures, and hop back in and go to leave towards my spot. The car jerked and then nothing but RPMs. I thought I shattered the bolts in the clutch since the clutch was slipping horribly that week. Didnt realize it was anything to do with the axle till it got up on the trailor. Let me see if I have pictures of all of this...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:59 AM
Ok here we go.....
Pictures of said snow avalanche, and the picture with all the snow crammed against the bottom level of the garage was taken at 3pm in the afternoon on a sunny day. Youd never know it!

And parts of my axle

And the resulting work

And since the car is so low not only did we have to take the front end off to get it on the trailor, and then put it back on to haul it up there, but the door wouldnt open over the wheel well of the trailor and i had to dukes of hazard out the window! sucked!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:48 AM
It's one sexy Cobalt that's for sure. Sad to see your car being towed away.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:47 PM
FYI, the stainless steel wheel well cover on the AT trailer you rented...... it has 2 rubber straps that unhook and fold down. I used to work at Uhaul, I know.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:27 PM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:It's one sexy Cobalt that's for sure. Sad to see your car being towed away.

Thank you it sure was, but i was riding in the truck so i kept checking the mirror to make sure she didnt fall off.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:28 PM
Ztwenty4door wrote:FYI, the stainless steel wheel well cover on the AT trailer you rented...... it has 2 rubber straps that unhook and fold down. I used to work at Uhaul, I know.

Lol funny you say that, we noticed this AFTER the car was off the trailor again. I was like you have to be kidding me.... lol

Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:47 PM
G2 has agreed to do a custom brake paint of Laser Blue Metallic for me via paint code. Painted brakes coming soon...

I guess too I forgot to include exactly everything done to the car

Mod list

Engine
2.7 Pulley
60# Injectors and harness
3" RDFabs intake
TTR Motor and transmission mounts
Badmab header
2.5" catless downpipe
Stock catback ( WAY to loud for DD with catless exhaust - been through magnaflow, and hahn catbacks )
Snow water/meth kit
SMG Front Mount
SMG Dual Pass
GM Option B setup
21* of timing
SMG Motoring Tune
19 lbs of boost

Transmission
GMPP clutch upgrade with hardline and LNF TOB
OTTP Stage 1 axles

Suspension
H&R springs
Koni Yellow struts
OTTP rack spacers
Progress rear swaybar
DC Sport Strut bar

Interior
CA dual pillar pod
CA steering pod
AEM wideband
Interceptor scan gauge
Meth light above wideband ( lights up when spraying at 10lbs and above)
Pioneer touchscreen/navigation
GenuineSaab.com solid shifter bushings
Tinted 5% windows and sunroof

Exterior
Retro headlights bixenon
LED Taillights and 3rd brake light
CF SS Hood

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:00 PM
more whoring

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:06 PM

Friday, April 22, 2011 10:02 AM
Man if my LSJ turns out half as sick as yours, I will be extatic.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search