SSmatters 2011 Progress Thread - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SSmatters 2011 Progress Thread
Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:45 AM
I have a few small-ish things to update and this will be my last update thread other than photoshoots. Im taking a break from working on a few things on the car right now, waiting for some clear coat to dry. Ill post pics later.

Re: SSmatters 2011 Progress Thread
Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:18 PM
Updates:

Color matching bow tie-

Masking:

Primer:

Paint(Gloss black):

Clear:

Took my time during all this and went to pull the masking off. Well I wanted to make sure it wasnt going to peel so I took a screw driver and started seperating the paint from the masking. WELLLL I was rushing because a family members blazer had a rod shoot threw their engine... and the screw driver slipped. FAIL. I really took my time too and it turned out perfect.. till that. SOO ill be redoing it tomorrow or next day off. I spray a few coats of paint on for temp..

Result:

GM Addiction Strut bar(got it for 50 bucks, couldnt pass it up)(and yes I know it is more of an appearance mod):

Streetune Short antenna:

Preview:

Ill have more updates about that later tonight or tomorrow but I am sure you guys can guess what that means.

And I also did something today that took me 4 hours to do that will get mix reviews but Ill post them later or tomorrow,

And before anyone says it, the spoiler is staying for a little while. My priority will be dropping it and I am also picking up something else tomorrow. And then priority will be the "stage3" kit, rotated tranny mounts, and rear sway bar.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:38 PM
Lose the wing man.

Just kidding. I can't believe how quick you jumped into this thing and got right to modding it. You're on a roll brother, it looks great.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:03 PM
Bowtie comes off with two 10mm nuts IIRC, and the chrome and gold portion does seperate with care.

Good work though.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:52 PM
looking good sir!

i'm to lazy to look. but do they have different aftermarket grills for the cobalts? (like the honda boys)

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:28 PM
Jooky- thanks man. I got it with only 39k miles and will be sitting on it for 4 years atleast so I will be making it mine. And thanks. I have few appearance mods in mind but the ones I do are going to be budget and cool I think haha.

Joe- thanks man. I will always take your opinion very highly. And I want to leave the chrome on the bowtie, I like it.

02- thanks man. And I am not sure. I have a tc front end including the ggrill(which I like better) so I don't think it is going to change regardless. But to be honest I haven't seen any afttermarket grills on the online stores I browse.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:41 PM
The car does look super nice.Sucks about the scratch after the tedious care to do it right.I know ur pain on that delima.I replaced my rear axle on my truck with a donor painted looked cherry and made all the steps to not scratch it up(ouch did the same).At least u can correct it as I did my scratch was under side so no big deal(plus heavy as sh@$.)Nice car,do subtle stuff makes it better for u and that is all that counts.

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:50 AM
Thanks Ron. Yeah I will just have to sand it down or scrape it and re do it. But I did take my time to do it right the whole time. Allwell. It could be worse. And yea I'm just doing subtle things for appearance since I already like the body style as it sits.

Update:

This is the one I am thinking I may get mixed reviews for but I like it and I know there will be others though not all.

Debadge:

You can't really tell but it needs buffed. Just called a few places to get a price on doing my whole car so there wont be shiny spots.

I am leaving now to go to St Marys to pick up another budget appearance mod.

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:00 PM
cars looking really good, i like the no badges its what i'd do if i had an SS.

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:20 PM
Thanks man.

Friday, April 15, 2011 1:32 PM
Miss driving the Fire?

Friday, April 15, 2011 1:43 PM
Looking good, I blacked out my bowties with vinyl. The bowties blacked out look so much better than gold
Attachments
hhr_ss_front_blackbowtie.jpg (268k)
hhr_ss_front2.jpg (268k)

Friday, April 15, 2011 6:23 PM
Chrome is still on mine too, I was saying it seperates into two pieces so no masking necessary.

Friday, April 15, 2011 6:31 PM
If i had one of these cars I would have to get the low spoiler over the park bench. Looks great on my moms 06 SS........factory option before it was actually an option.

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:59 PM
Eternal- not really though I still have love for it. It was my first real car and I remember how I fell in love with it. Sounds weird but I did.

Jm- that's for sure. Something so simple and cheap makes a big difference.

Joe- ohh I get you. Does it have the black adhesive like the emblems?

Mitdr- honestly ide go spoilerless before the low rise personally but as stated im in no rush when I have performance that I crave.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:44 AM
Looks great de-badged!! Good idea on color matching the front one. Good progress in so little time!
Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:56 AM
Thanks. I did more just havent gotten around to uploading pictures. Ill prbly be doing more at work today too. haha.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:11 AM
looks good so far! which companies stage 3 are you going with?

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:20 AM
Bowtie looks good but you realize it comes off nice and easy with only 2 10mm retainers holding it on?

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:44 AM
black out the tails.... im going to do my tails on Z today or tomorrow.

looks good though brother! keep up the good work.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:44 AM
Looking good! De-badge it for sure. It will look much cleaner and sleeker. Plus it will make washing and waxing easier .

Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:50 PM
D-Mac wrote:Bowtie looks good but you realize it comes off nice and easy with only 2 10mm retainers holding it on?

Is there an echo in here, or did you just not read any of the replies in this thread? Like the one that said exactly what you just said...

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:23 PM
Carbon- its actually prbly going to be a hybrid with zzp being the majority im thinking(like with the heat exchanger). Suggestions are always welcome though.

D- yep. Lol.

Derek- lol comon man. Im waay ahead of you. That's an update I need to post. ;P

J- its already debadged. I have pictures of it already. Or am I taking you wrong?

Jl- nothhing to object to so im going to take that in itself a compliment.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:09 PM
GTmatters wrote:J- its already debadged. I have pictures of it already. Or am I taking you wrong?

My bad... when I read the post where you posted pictures of it de-badged, I misunderstood and thought you were considering whether or not to de-badge it . In that case... glad you de-badged it. It looks good .

Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:41 AM
Its cool. And thanks a lot. I think it turned out pretty good.

I will post updates later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:42 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search