SSmatters 2011 Progress Thread - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: SSmatters 2011 Progress Thread
Monday, April 18, 2011 11:10 PM
Got these bad boys for half the price locally off of pennswoods:

And I keep forgetting to take pictures of other stuff. Buuut I am getting more than double of what I thought I was going to get for my income tax so there will be some REAL updates in the future.... meaning... like.... performance mods. Can't wait to get a CAI to hear that SC scream.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:05 AM
Soooo a fog light went out so I got these little upgrades:

Also it was raining like crazy today and I hydroplaned and wrecked into a curb which ripped my front lip off..... FML! Broke a few of the clips but it popped back in and is nice and secure so a little touch up paint to get some of the yellow off will be good for now. Ill post pics of that tomorrow or something.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:37 AM
get the ottp 3" intake

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:47 AM
I am going between that and the black Injen. I like the looks of the Injen the best and I have been told by many sources that the .25" makes zero difference for performance but the larger inlet makes a difference for hearing SC whine.... which is always good of course. Haha.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:21 PM
Late update:

The wires arent normally that visible. I was cleaning out some stuff in my trunk and was just moving the box and amp around. I got the two 12s, amp, and got it all wired up with no visible wires showing for 90 bucks. I dont normally go for audio but... the speakers are new 150 a piece or more I have been told. And its a Rockford Frostgate amp. I dont know much about amps but I guess its decent, it doesnt split the power up or something? I have NO idea. Lmfao.

I also replaced my fog light bulb. It turns out they were already H11 so I didnt need two. Allwell I have a spair now. lol.

Friday, April 22, 2011 9:55 AM
i like it except for the audio sorry that just looks like a crapy install other then that i love the car wish i could find something like that
Friday, April 22, 2011 10:08 AM
Like I said, it is a good install I was just throwing it around and cleaning out my trunk. It is temporary. I am going today before work and buying a dual 12" box for 40 bucks! So hopefully some time soon I will have both speakers installed and my amp screwed to the box.

Friday, April 22, 2011 11:41 AM
Carbon Cavi wrote:get the ottp 3" intake

Stay away from OTTP, their service has gone down the @!#$ter. It took them 2+ months for them to ship me a TB spacer with a 1/8NPT tap in it. They claimed it was "redesigned" but the only difference in what is pictured on their website and what i received is that they didnt include the gasket that they "brag" about including.

Go with RD Fabs, you wont be disappointed.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Friday, April 22, 2011 3:25 PM
I want a black injen but if I find a good deal I prbly wont pass it up.

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:41 AM
Ok so this is the wrong kind of progress.

My trip to Florida was ruined by a raccoon last night around 2 oclock. I was coming back from the hospital visiting my best friends dieing grandfather and it ran right in front of my out of high grass along the side of the road. I get home(half a mile up the road) and smell antifreeze.... great.

Ripped half of my bumper off and smashed my intercooler in. I looked underneath with a flashlight and I see the ceramic broken in the back of the intercooler where my coolant was pouring out. FML.

Soooo I guess I have to file this under my insurance... in which I have never filed anything under insurance so I am kind of lost right now.

I do have a question though, since I am filing should I claim EVERYTHING that I can or just minimal amounts?

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:47 AM
Open wallet and fix it. Insurance claims are never good. Sorry for the bad luck.

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:53 AM
The intercooler is expensive I was told on SS.net. Plus the ss bumpers and lip kits are not cheap.

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:59 AM
ehh id reconsider putting a claim in your insurance is going to skyrocket after it
Monday, June 13, 2011 10:08 AM
My pap had a similar situation happen and it was put under vandalism and there was no deductible taken out and his insurance did not go up at all.

Monday, June 13, 2011 3:21 PM
Did you get the coons information? Typical of there kind to not have insurance and flee the scene.

Monday, June 13, 2011 5:19 PM
Haha I have no idea if the coon is alive or dead.... from the damage it did to my car I would imagine it is dead.

But he wasn't there today sooo... He may have fled.

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:20 PM
An instance like that most likely isn't going to bump your insurance rate up all that much if at all. If you have no tickets or other claims on your record, you might be ok. The only thing that is really going to get you is age. You're young as @!#$, and insurance companies don't like that.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:28 AM
Ok well here is the official word:

It falls under comprehensive coverage and no I have no tickets or previous claims so my insurance will not bump up at all. The only thing I have to pay is the $500 deductible.

My claims agent just left and gave me my initial estimate. The intercooler, radiator, and AC condenser are all seperate but very close together. The OEM intercooler alone is 500 dollars..... soooooo it was a good idea to claim it in the end. Plus once the shop takes the bumper and what not off there could be more costs... which I am sure they will find something. Plus I am blaming my ABS light on this sooo.... yeah. lol. They should be replacing a wheel bearing(I would assume that is what it is) on this.

I do not have rental coverage on my insurance so I am looking for a shop that can give me a loaner until my car is fixed since I am not old enough to rent a car myself(even if I could afford 70 dollars a day). I may have to take my car to Johnstown PA which is about an hour away but it will be worth it considering I drive 40 miles 1 way to work daily.

Total current estimation cost: $2,844.38.

I'll take pics before it leaves to get fixed. I haven't had cell service to upload them.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:23 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:An instance like that most likely isn't going to bump your insurance rate up all that much if at all. If you have no tickets or other claims on your record, you might be ok. The only thing that is really going to get you is age. You're young as @!#$, and insurance companies don't like that.

no they do like that he is young. means more money in their pockets
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:50 PM
Lol this is correct. 203 dollars a month is a decent chunk of change. They wanted almost 400 at first but I weaseled my way out of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:52 PM

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:07 PM
The stock H/E is $500? Damn, i just tossed one in the trash a month ago.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:58 PM
469 before taxes for the "Supercharger Cooler". Aftermarket H/E are much cheaper.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:04 PM
I did get my rental car today. Soooo this is what I am going to be rocking until I get my car back:

Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:09 AM
hahahahh Thats going to suck after driving around your SS....

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:16 AM
It def. cramps my style and feels like it has the acceleration of a 1980 VW diesel Rabbit.... but The interior is actually pretty comfortable and not too bad considering it is an $11k car. But I really cannot complain at all since I don't have rental insurance on my car insurance and I am getting this through the shop who is fixing my car with NO charge to me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search