Almost 24 years later Finally another new car! - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Almost 24 years later Finally another new car!
Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:18 AM
Ron Love wrote:You know after literally 24 years (two days separate it to be exact) I was F!!King astastic out the a## between buying my truck brand new and then buying the civic .It takes alot to make me super loco happy,and going for so long with my daily and knowing the day would come along where I would have to buy a new ride to replace it phenominal.I always like the dark grey metallic and love it.OMG the new car smell after all these years I am getting high!!

I need what you're smoking

Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:35 PM
It is definitely the NEW car smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Almost 24 years between that distinct smell has apparently affected me umm ALOT!As for air freshners NO trees will be in this car for a long while.In fact my wife said the same thing today being I like the little tree air freshes but in my trk (former daily).And get this I let her drive it today,granted I was in the car as she drove us to dinner and paid for it!!!! I think that is a good thing.I have had it 3 wks now and this is her first drive but,she has driven my mother in laws 08 civ so it is almost the same literally aside from cosmetics and trim level.There is no new car air freshner that is even remotely close but the little tree does try pretty hard to duplicate it(have used for years in my truck).New is new plain and simple.

Friday, October 18, 2013 11:57 PM
Ok I was having some issues with not have a newer truck to drive daily,and a 5spd manual.I as you may know bought a new 11 civic lx s nice,auto and just missed having a manual and well lots of space to haul stuff when needed.I still have my 87 mazda truck just working on restoring parts and not ideal to drive daily due to age,miles and the civic was solid just not the same.I bought this 2014 Toyota Tacoma access cab with 4x4 and 5speed manual.It has the 2.7ltr which is fine I drag no trailers or really off road just did not like the stance of the 4x2 and for a 6'2 guy the higher cab is better for in and out for me.I just picked it up Friday.Thought I would update this so you can see the two rides and yeah I miss the civic but,I think the truck is more my suit being that is all I drove for 24 years before.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search