2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse & Galant - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse & Galant
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 11:36 AM

The current Eclipse coupe and Spyder undergo a light makeover for the 2009 model year. The tweaked Eclipses get a public viewing at the Chicago auto show this week. A simplified lineup deletes SE models to leave only the GS and GT versions.
All Eclipses get restyled front and rear bumpers, with the GT sporting a two-tone color scheme. Both models also get new cloth interior fabrics. The GT model adds a dual exhaust to bump output of the 3.8-liter V6 to 265 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque--up from 263 hp and 260 lb-ft. Stability control becomes standard to improve handling. Other changes include a larger rear spoiler and xenon headlights. The 2009 Eclipse is scheduled to hit showrooms in summer.

Mitsubishi will also reveal a freshened 2009 Galant at the Chicago auto show this week.The revised lineup replaces DE and GTS models with value-oriented Sport and Sport V6 trims. Base ES and top-line Ralliart versions remain.Goodies on the Sport models include a sunroof, heated seats, steering wheel audio controls, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, fog lights, a rear spoiler and 17-inch wheels. All Galants get new front fascia, hood and light housings, rear fascia and trunk lid for the '09 model.
Mild changes to the interior include sport fabric seats for Sport models. A new two-tone leather seat combination is added to the Ralliart. A 2.4-liter, 160-hp, inline-four is standard on the ES and the Sport, mated to a four-speed automatic transmission. A 3.8-liter, 230-hp V6 powers the Sport V6, while the Ralliart retains a 258-hp V6. Both get a five-speed automatic transmission. The 2009 Galant is on sale this month.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse & Galant
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 12:31 PM
I like the looks of the Eclipse in that last picture... Not enough to lust after one and want to buy it, but I do like it.

-John

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 12:48 PM
I still can't stand the tail lights of the eclipse. I can't believe they could design such a good looking car and can't get one simple detail as tail lights right. IMO it ruins the whole car.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 1:21 PM
wow, that spyder looks nice.

i do like the interior of the galant better, though

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:03 PM
Damn, the new Eclipse looks pretty nifty. I'd rock one
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:11 PM
too bad its fwd

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.523@111.30
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:34 PM
The Galant is still ugly as sin to me, the eclipse is OK, I wouldn't buy one though.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:05 PM
Im not diggin the spoiler, loose that and the eclipse looks nice.

Companies are finally stepping up and actually building some serious parts for fourth generation eclipses. The GT model now has several options for intakes, two vendors for headers, and a multitude of exhausts. Not to mention compatibility with the AEM FIC. This should be somewhat of an incentive for potential buyers, the aftermarket was horrible for 06' and most of 07'.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:11 PM
that yellow eclipse is freakin sweet!!!!!! too bad im only 21 and couldnt afford the insurance on it

anyone know when this generation eclipse is getting the axe? I want to see whatthey can do for the next model.... if there even is one

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 11:13 PM
FWD for the win !.

the AWD version offered by OZ was a nice peice of work though .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:00 AM
the wheels on the eclipse are beautiful. and that front bumper looks like a skyline to me.

MIAMI HEAT
NBA CHAMPS!!!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 4:05 PM
The front bumper may be a little reminiscent of the new GTR, but I don't see Skyline....

You know, if they made this new Eclipse with AWD, I think I WOULD lust after it. Sure, it dosen't make sense to do so with the EVO in their line-up, but I'd rather have a healthy V6 over the turbo I4... I wonder if they'd do it?

Just thinking out loud here....

-John

Friday, May 02, 2008 8:53 AM
Mitsubishi announced pricing for the 2009 Eclipse and Eclipse Spyder. Pricing starts at $20,099 for the 5-Speed Manual and go up to $24,999 for the 5-Speed Sportronic version, while for the Spyder version prices start at $ 25,799 for the 5-Speed Manual and go up to $ 29,999 for the 5-Speed Sportronic version.

Options include: Leather Package $1000 (Leather Front Seating Surfaces, Center Display with Outside Temperature and Compass, Heated Front Seats, Heated Slide View Mirrors, Aluminum Pedals); GT Premium Sport Package $2000 (Leather Front Seaeting Surfaces, Auto Air Conditioning, Power Driver Seat, Aluminum Pedals, Heated Front Seats, Heated Side View Mirrors, Wind Deflector, Aluminum Scuff Plates, Machined Wheel Finish); Sport Aero Kit $1,299; Accessory Package $199;Premium Paint Charge (Sunset Pearlescent) $150; Premium Paint Charge (Solar) $150.

The 2009 Eclipse is offered in two different versions: the GS powered by a four-cylinder engine and the GT powered by a V6 engine. The GS model’s 162-hp 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine is teamed with a 5-speed manual transmission or an optional 4-speed automatic. The GT’s 265 hp 3.8-liter V-6 produces 262 lb.-ft. of peak torque and is teamed with a 6-speed manual transmission or optional 5-speed automatic.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, May 02, 2008 10:06 AM
Meh.

Friday, May 02, 2008 10:26 AM
Hmmm. I still like it (Eclipse) but still think the 350Z is a much better car in the same class & price range.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:17 PM
Update...
A customer of where I work, which is also an owner of a Mitsubishi dealer just informed me this morning that Mitsubishi informed him that the Eclipse, Eclipse Spyder and Endeavor will go out of production in August of this year. Paul Walker will be sad when he finds out.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:53 PM
Don't forget Mitsubishi also canceled the Evo this year.
True story.
They want to do all electric vehicles from now on. I think they've lost their minds.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:08 PM
That'll make the Subaru fanboys happy.
Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:39 PM
Trevor Blesh wrote:That'll make the Subaru fanboys happy.

I am afraid that the subaru fanboys are mad at subaru for this:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/subaru-impreza-2012.html
Friday, April 29, 2011 12:02 AM
That is just the Impreza though. It isn't the WRX or the STi. I'm sure the n/a fans are upset about it, but I wouldn't see them decreasing HP in their performance models.
Friday, April 29, 2011 12:27 AM
Pontiac is dead, nothing else really bothers me anymore. I still get twisted up when thinking about it.

Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:29 AM
The only bad part about the Evo getting cancelled is now the d'bags who own them will jack the prices up on totally abused ones an claim it as collector car to justify the price. the same thing is happening to 240SX's. Guys want $7000 for a junkyard totally broke down beat up 240.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search