Skunk Has A Mustang - Page 4 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Skunk Has A Mustang
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:01 AM
i asked you STRAIGHT UP when you came to tune it, why we couldnt use my cable and asked why I had to buy credits on your cable.... you told me it was easier.... not to mention you made $100 off it when you were hurting. i mentioned multiple times i had my own cable, and you insisted that we use yours. that mine wasnt necessary since you lived so close that it would be easier to just drive to you to get a tune... but in the end you got paid, and there was a reason i was holding back on paying you... but hey, i paid tom myself for you because I felt he earned it.

and really? keeping my hood off my windshield? had you grabbed it or not its a piece of fiberglass and CF that could easily be replaced, you act like you saved my car from the apocalypse. anybody would have helped and grabbed it. not just you. in fact others did... so i dont see how you grabbing my hood makes us a godsend. I told everyone there thanks for the help, removed it, and back to racing... had it been a huge terrible deal, i would have went home right there.... but since it wasnt, i kept racing.

And go figure you play the same line as usual, just because it never happened before, means it could never happen if you are involved. you took someone elses tune, put it on my car, the next day airbag light comes on, i go to the dealer, vin's dont match up on the tech 2, get a hold of you about it, find out the vin I have is camron's vin. dealership explains non matching vins was the cause..... if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, odds are its a duck. considering nothing in the airbag area was changed, not to mention it was flat out a communication issue on the tech 2 that said could not communicate.... they couldnt even get into it... I then drove home, put my vin in, flashed it, went back, then, and only then were they even allowed a step or two more into the module, to find out its locked out completely.... but hey, since it never happened to you, its impossible. it absolutely cant happen...

Darkstars wrote:Are part of the future plans to help pay for the built engine that leaned out and popped at the track right after you "tuned" it?

dude thats impossible, its not his fault. its never happened to him before, therefor its impossible to have happened this time, its all travis's fault! duh....

When something goes wrong in a car it's easier to place the blame on someone else, than accept fault

like you have room to be saying that....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:29 AM

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:11 AM
lol my car runs fantastic

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:20 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Why worry if skunk, some cobalt guy, or any other backyard weekend mechanic has hp tuners? Pay a pro to tune your car. Period. I don't care what cars you own, wht tuning software you bought, or what you say. If you aren't a proven business/shop, you aren't touching my car. Penny up and pay a pro.

Oh I'm sorry....
Those must grow on trees.
WHO IS THE PROFESSIONAL?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:19 PM
Ive saw the work of some so called "professional" companies and there was some very obvious stuff that was left out, theres only a few on CSS.net that I actually believe a word of when it comes to tuning and they arent vendors. Only pro companies locally that specialize in HPT are usually V8 specific, honestly I'd rather take mine to someone that works with what I have specifically and exclusively.

With that being said I perfer to work on my car only and not touch anyone else's, its constant harrassment "oh I changed this can you come and retune me". Or worse yet people change things after you have them dialed in and then its your fault if they are going beyond the parameters you have set. I'll shoot ppl hpt files they can look it over for themselves and decide what parts of it they want to copy and paste or see how things are scaled.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:58 PM
how did a thread about a mustang turn into a gm sport compact tuning opinion extravaganza?

we having a tuning forum and private message capability for a reason, ladies....

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:09 PM
z yaaaa wrote:how did a thread about a mustang turn into a gm sport compact tuning opinion extravaganza?

we having a tuning forum and private message capability for a reason, ladies....

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:04 PM
Internet bullies make me laugh. Big bad tough guys as long as there's a keyboard, a monitor, and a few hundred miles between you and them. Vince and Ryan have both had a couple opportunities to be men and say something to my face. Both have passed on those and instead take their distaste for me out on their keyboards. Great show of what a couple "cool" guys they are huh.

Let's think WAY back. Vince and some kid out in Omaha was getting into sh!t pretty extensively. I go out there and confront this guy. Said hey dude what's the issue? He says nothing it's just the net. Whatever let it go, but this is an inherent problem that needs to stop. The tough guy acts because there's a keyboard is ridiculous. Just cut the crap.

Ryan will say the same thing, but what happens if one day you hurt the wrong person's feelings and that person already has a fragile self esteem. Then that person goes out and kills themself as a direct response to your comment. Have you ever considered the ramifications of your actions when you are a complete ass hole to someone? Some people can't take the bullying. How about someone that is just getting started into cars and you make a douche like comment that they should just give up...and they do. That's not quite as bad as the first scenario, but still you just killed some poor kid's dreams. Why would you get off on sh!t like that? That's a sign of some serious sociopathic behavior. Seek help buddy, seek help.

By the way, I've not even seen the os on the mustang. Couldn't tell ya what correlates to what and what depends on anything else. I don't tune it. Blow By Racing did the most recent tune that's in the car and Evolution Performance did the first one.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:25 PM
not a fan of that body style but overall it looks alright i guess

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:30 PM
u kiddin wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:how did a thread about a mustang turn into a gm sport compact tuning opinion extravaganza?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:04 PM
you asked what would help blow this over, I told you the money I paid for credits I should not have to had buy, plain and simple. You asked, I answered...

If you aren't going to man up to that, that's your problem. I looked at it as, it was a $100 to not have to deal with you any more then so be it... im just lucky to have got a better tune before mine grenaded... from what I hear, most of the tune you put on my car was changed regardless. BIGGEST thing I noticed was EGT's went from 1200-1300 cruising, to 900-1000 cruising.

As for the kid in omaha, we ended up getting along after it all, I even bought cams off of him. so thats a moot issue.

I have no problem telling you that you are shady to your face if thats what you need to hear... it wont change anything by me saying it on here, on the phone, or in person, it just wont matter, my opinion still sticks. Shady is shady.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:11 PM
GTmatters wrote:
u kiddin wrote:

Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:52 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
GTmatters wrote:
u kiddin wrote:

Cause it did, Get over it!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:05 AM
GTmatters wrote:
u kiddin wrote:

Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:29 AM
Skunk wrote:Internet bullies make me laugh. Big bad tough guys as long as there's a keyboard, a monitor, and a few hundred miles between you and them. Vince and Ryan have both had a couple opportunities to be men and say something to my face. Both have passed on those and instead take their distaste for me out on their keyboards. Great show of what a couple "cool" guys they are huh.

Let's think WAY back. Vince and some kid out in Omaha was getting into sh!t pretty extensively. I go out there and confront this guy. Said hey dude what's the issue? He says nothing it's just the net. Whatever let it go, but this is an inherent problem that needs to stop. The tough guy acts because there's a keyboard is ridiculous. Just cut the crap.

Ryan will say the same thing, but what happens if one day you hurt the wrong person's feelings and that person already has a fragile self esteem. Then that person goes out and kills themself as a direct response to your comment. Have you ever considered the ramifications of your actions when you are a complete ass hole to someone? Some people can't take the bullying. How about someone that is just getting started into cars and you make a douche like comment that they should just give up...and they do. That's not quite as bad as the first scenario, but still you just killed some poor kid's dreams. Why would you get off on sh!t like that? That's a sign of some serious sociopathic behavior. Seek help buddy, seek help.

By the way, I've not even seen the os on the mustang. Couldn't tell ya what correlates to what and what depends on anything else. I don't tune it. Blow By Racing did the most recent tune that's in the car and Evolution Performance did the first one.

Actually I don't recall seeing face to face ever since things went down hill..... but regardless what are you gonna do it about it? Seriously, what are you gonna beat me up cause I think your a sack of @!#$? If I recall correctly you missed the first Chicago meet you were planning on attending but you were having surgery because someone literally caved in the side of your face in a fight the night before. If something I say to a person on the internet makes them go kill themselves or they cry and leave the car scene..... well, I'll just act like a put a crap tune in their car and blew their motor.... just say oh well, it's not my fault

For someone who tries to act all high and mighty and above all this you sure do love to keep it going lol

Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:26 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:
GTmatters wrote:
u kiddin wrote:

Cause it did, Get over it!

WTF are you talking about? You are sticking up for Skunk or the point he is trying to make and then you say some stupid @!#$ like this when we are just trying to get the topic back on track? Hypocrit?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:04 AM
@!#$ the track man...

I want answers. I didnt start this discussion in this thread but it seems like a decent place to discuss it to me.

I'd like to have an many opinions as to what happened as possible.

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:34 PM
Hey Skunk... congrats on the baby .. Bring the stang out to Phoenix some time and let me check it out

Friday, May 13, 2011 3:39 PM
All differences aside, I'm with Ken, congrats on the growing family.

Friday, May 13, 2011 7:27 PM
Darkstars wrote:All differences aside, I'm with Ken, congrats on the growing family.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search