Sold the Fit, heres the new car :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sold the Fit, heres the new car :)
Friday, May 20, 2011 12:51 PM
Here it is....
2011 Shadow Blue 4 Door GTI, DSG trans, bi-xenon lights with AFS, navigation, sunroof, one touch open and close on every window and the sunroof, phone and music bluetooth, steering wheel controls, heated power seats, heated outside mirrors, heated washer fluid nozzles, iPod hook up, interior is all black even the headliner with the plaid inserts on the seats, 18"s, sport suspension, ect ect ect. I love it.

(iPhone pics)

My Bears plate showed up the day before I got the new car, perfect timing.

It was almost 12 hours old so I chipped it.... 300 ft/lbs of torque FTW! (We're an APR dealer)

Re: Sold the Fit, heres the new car :)
Friday, May 20, 2011 1:09 PM
Most definitely an upgrade IMO. Very nice ride sir

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:14 PM
nice car, get a nicer garage can't even get a floor jack in there ill bet!!!

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:18 PM
Good call, I'll just sell my place and move so I can fit a floor jack

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:16 PM
I don't see any pink asshole!

Nice pick up like the color.

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:18 PM
huge fan overall, wheels are just..... weird....

i like it big time though. nice and clean, and new. gonna wash and wax this one more than once a year? def sick ride.

any plans on tint just for heat and lighting purposes, or anything else lined up?

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:26 PM
Amazing choice.

Get an R8 oil cap...

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, May 20, 2011 2:35 PM
i like all but the WHEELS

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, May 20, 2011 3:27 PM
We must race again my friend

I like it, you had me looking at this a few days ago. Hard to believe you own a VW still though.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, May 20, 2011 3:48 PM
Is this a May fool's joke?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, May 20, 2011 4:17 PM
I'm a fan! My buddy works for APR and has his to stage 3, crazy fast. Nice pick-up.

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:12 PM
excellent choice.

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:11 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:11 PM
Very,very nice purchase. I never been a fan of VDubs but since a few years or so I freaking love them.

Awesome car, best color too. Looks like a fun ride.
Friday, May 20, 2011 6:12 PM
Very nice.

But holy crap your garage is small.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:45 PM
Thanks guys

The garage is fine, I can park my car, open the doors, I have tha garbage cans in the there, a tool box, air compressor, some yard tools, snow shovel, I can wax my car in there... It's not an issue at all for me.

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:10 PM
i hope we get to see a re-insurgence of darkstars vehicle modding.

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:51 PM
I find this funny due to all the @!#$ talking you do of VW/Audi. I know the TSI is a good motor but I'm surprised you went with the DSG.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Friday, May 20, 2011 10:59 PM
I knew you'd end up in the GTi... Good choice!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, May 20, 2011 11:29 PM
Nice but if you turn into one of those homos that stretch the tire I will come and mushroom stamp you.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 4:42 AM
Some of you guys may have missed the pre-purchase discusion. It's not the @!#$ talking I do... it's the @!#$ talking I did. I can give credit where credit is due. When I stated with VW over 7 years ago the cars were total piles, Mk4's.... you couldn't give it away to me because I didn't trust it enough to get me to work on regular basis. I talked a ton of @!#$ about those cars and then early mk5s. By 2007 the cars were getting noticeably better, 2009 they switched from the 2.0T FSI to the 2.0T TSI and the getting better cars became legitimate good cars. You could get a nicely build, smooth, solid feeling car with tons of stuff without the typicall VW issues. Fast forward to now, half way through 2011, and I had a hard time deciding between 3 different 2011 models..... And that's coming from me, if that's not a testament to VW's turn around I don't know what is. We have 14 techs, and 5 of us drive 2010 or newer VW's. They are putting out some great cars right now. Our company has 4 locations, and as far as car lines our company has VW, Nissan, Subaru, Mazda, and BMW and the owner of all our stores has been daily driving MK6 Gti's since they came out, that alone should tell you something.

As far as modding the car, there will be some but not a whole lot. Performance wise I'm gonna do intake, downpipe, and chip, that will take it from 200hp/207tq to 275hp/315tq all with better gas mileage. I chipped it already and it's fantastic. Traction control gets pissed until 50ish mph (I can turn it off, I just didn't). One the highway it hauls! Plus using the cruise control buttons you can change between stock tune, 91 octane tune, 93 octane tune, 100 octane tune, and valet mode. I'd like to lower it because of wheel gap but the ride is perfect, stiff and stays flat through corners without any noise or bounciness, I don't want to chance the ride and handling characteristics but I want to be an inch lower. Interior, I bought Monster mats already and I want to tint it. Exterior, the orange front marker lights will go away for smoked ones, probably 4 wheel mudflaps, and I'd like to go with a bronze mesh wheel at some point. I ordered tow hitch already, I'm doing a 2 bike hitch mount this time, I won't do roof racks again as they. I think that about it other then changing some codings in modules to turn off DRL's, hold lock or unlock button on the remote to open and close windows ect, things like that.

As far as DSG, drive stick lost it's apeal to me, it used to be fun but now days the only time I even paid attanetion to it was on trips when my fiance couldn't drive because of it. The DSG cars are faster without any loss in efficientcy but mainly, my fiancé can drive it now as well. If the Fit was an automatic I wouldn't have considered selling it.

I'm with most about liking it all but the wheels. They have been using this style wheel on GTI's for years now so I don't mind it cause I'm so used to seeing them. But they just recently started doing this version of them (18's, machined face, black inserts) and I like them more than the old ones (silver 17s).

Saturday, May 21, 2011 9:00 AM
does it have 300 hp?

nice car. not liking the wheels though

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, May 21, 2011 12:29 PM
I wish! Then I could join that website

Saturday, May 21, 2011 1:07 PM
Like the car, hate the wheels and.... Da Bears plate but I am bias I am a HUGE Packers fan!

Saturday, May 21, 2011 1:49 PM
Beautiful!!!!!! Love it

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search