The Buick. - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Buick.
Friday, May 13, 2011 6:48 PM
We've been making good progress lately. We picked up a couple QA1 coilovers with adjustable damping for the rear end of the car, to replace the crappy leaf springs. And we have the rear axle mocked up most of the way.

We found and existing mount at the top of the stock spring perch, and decided to thread into it.

Lower coilover mount

The front of the lower mount, which is also where the lower two rods for the triangulated 4 link will mount.

And the front mount for the same lower 4 link rods.

We also fabbed up a new transmission mount, which should give us more room to route the exhaust through the frame rails.

All the seals and o-rings in the transmission were also replaced, hopefully it will stop leaking now, haha.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Saturday, May 14, 2011 8:02 AM
wow! thats gonna make that thing feel 120X better!~!!!

Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:50 PM
Yeah I'm hoping so.

After getting everything mocked up we pulled everything back apart.

Then we had all four rods zinc plated and painted everything else black. All the mounts are welded on and it's a rolling chassis again

How it used to sit...

And how it sits now, I can't wait to get the front fenders back on

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:27 AM
Looks awesome. Are you guys gonna shift the axle back a little in the wheel well. A+ on the custom work.

Sunday, May 22, 2011 10:11 AM
Nope that's pretty much where it's staying. The previous owner cut the rear of the fenders, so we're going to either weld in new metal to bring it back to factory or find new fenders for it. We tried moving it back bit it just looked weird.

Plans are to run an 18x9" wheel with a 29" tire, so it will fill the wheel well up.

Monday, May 23, 2011 3:33 AM
Is it running any better than when I was up last?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, May 23, 2011 3:42 AM
We haven't done much with the engine yet, it needs a tune up pretty bad after sitting all winter. After we get the engine moved up and back, and straighten the front drivers side frame rail a tune up is the next project in line. Along with a wire tuck

Monday, May 23, 2011 11:40 AM
Wow very quick and great progress. You guys seem to do great work man.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:27 PM
I went home this week to find our Buick all tore down. The body is off the chassis, and the plan is to fix all the rust and repaint the body. We're also in the process of looking for a totaled LS1 Camaro as a donor car

We've got 4 new doors on the way, they ones that came on the car are pretty beat up. A couple have been cut and rewelded for some reason.

And all the wonderful rust...

Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:09 AM
nice work on the car. makes me want to bring my 62 impala back to life. btw the quote under your sig is awesome

Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:20 AM
Haha, thanks Mike.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:32 AM
There's more rust than I thought from seeing it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:35 AM
Yeah, a lot of it was hidden. There were also two massive mouse nests above the headliner that we had no idea were there. They didn't dig out any of the head liner though.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:32 PM
@!#$ yeah! next time we go to the market will be even more awesome!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:19 PM
We now have a Barrel Roll Machine.

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Lots more work to do, but now we can at least wheel it around.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:36 PM
you know jegs sells the rotisserie for $200. looks neat tho.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:54 AM
I haven't seen any under $800.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:28 AM
sorry it was 200 off. guess thats what happens when you look at part catalogs at night. lol

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:01 AM
Awesome thread man! Seriously today is the first day I have ever seen it. I read the entire thread and cant wait for the next update! I love the barrel roll machine. That is gonna be a big help for you guys! Nice work! I envy you being able to do a project like this with your Dad! Simply win man!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:08 AM
Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:28 PM
Thanks guys

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:50 AM
Made a lot of progress over the winter, spent it all replacing the rust with new sheet metal.

Floor boards

Making a new rear window rail

Floor cut out

Rails cut out

Just a little bit of lead...

All the old rust cut out

More lead at the passenger side window

Cut out

New piece fitted

All new body rails

Most of the rust on the front end fixed

Built a rear sliding window drip tray

Cut the rear bumper off, it was all full of bondo and rust.

Trunk is still in pretty rough shape

This used to just be an odd empty space, so we closed it off. It should be a nice protected area to run wires now.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:44 AM
so i will pay gas & beer for you to come down and weld in my new fenders on the 62 impala in my garage.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:18 PM
Lol, my old man is doing all the body work, because I can't stand it. Something tells me I'll be pulled into sanding filler pretty soon here though.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:52 PM
Then we found a good price on a full sand blast, so we loaded it up and sent it down to an Amish guy.

It came back looking pretty good. Just some holes in the trunk which we were expecting.

Spent about 3 hours blowing all the sand out of the body, and shot a coat of primer.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search