Jeep VS Acura. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jeep VS Acura.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:01 AM
NOT my fault is the only good part.

Re: Jeep VS Acura.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:02 AM
Before:

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:12 AM
ouch......i hope everyone is ok

i assume that the car is totaled ?

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:45 AM
Damn. Good thing it was his fault for insurance/money reasons, but that still sucks. You're car was clean and a nice daily man. Hopefully you can either get it repaired or get a big ass pay out for totaling it.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:44 AM
This sucks. What happened?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:48 AM
Glad everyone is ok.

If totaled, get a TL maybe?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:22 AM
Eternal wrote:Glad everyone is ok.

If totaled, get a TL TYPE S maybe?

Fixed for you

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:12 AM
the Jew wrote:
Eternal wrote:Glad everyone is ok.

If totaled, get a TL TYPE S maybe?

Fixed for you

Corrected indeed

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:32 AM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:This sucks. What happened?

16 year old girl in jeep did not see me coming. She made a left and crossed my path at the intersection and i could not avoid her. i was doing about 50 MPH and slammed on the brakes, i dont know what speed i actually hit her at.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:04 AM

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:22 AM
That sucks man and that Diagram actually helped with clearing up the situation. When will you find out if it is totaled?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:42 AM
Awesome diagram. Inexperienced drivers suck. I do call bull@!#$ tho. I bet she was on her cell or texting.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:40 PM
perhaps i'm not understanding your diagram, but in PA, if you tag the rear end of somebody's car (regardless if they crossed your path, you're at fault because you should have been able to see the vehicle and avoid the accident.

sucks about your acura

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:07 PM
strat81 wrote:perhaps i'm not understanding your diagram, but in PA, if you tag the rear end of somebody's car (regardless if they crossed your path, you're at fault because you should have been able to see the vehicle and avoid the accident.

sucks about your acura

I call BS, or I don't recommend anyone drive in PA. Especially in this type of situation, you can't simply judge fault based on which body panel got hit on which car. She made a left without a green arrow, when someone else was driving the speed limit in the oncoming lane. That person, following the law and being alert, shouldn't be held responsible. Speed plays a big factor too. If she was gunning it to get through before he got there(which she probably did, if she "didn't see him" at first), she would speed up enough that he hits the rear instead of the front of her Jeep. Sorry man, but I don't see how this was or could have been his fault unless excessive speed was involved on his part.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:12 PM
I grew up in the neighborhood there in Polynesian Islands. Now I live up here in PA where laws suck and they tax you to death.

So she was turning on to College BLVD while you where driving down 98 going toward Gulf Breeze Proper... Im pretty sure that light says LEFT TURN MUST YIELD TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:28 PM
strat81 wrote:perhaps i'm not understanding your diagram, but in PA, if you tag the rear end of somebody's car (regardless if they crossed your path, you're at fault because you should have been able to see the vehicle and avoid the accident.

sucks about your acura

I hit the side of her jeep.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:13 PM
bitch did not even file a claim. i called to get a rental car and the guy said no one reported a claim. i live 25 miles from work and dont want to drive my dads 17mpg truck i helped her out and reported everything to her insurance.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:28 PM
yeah I had a similar situation when I got rear ended. The guy did end up filing a claim, but a week later. Progressive took good care of me, and made damn sure they followed up with him once I was the first person they heard from, rather than the driver they insure. What company does she have a policy with? I can say first hand that Progressive and State Farm are insanely hassle free and easy to work with,

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:07 PM
Stephen wrote:

sucks about your acura

I hit the side of her jeep.

towards the back of the vehicle though... is that not the rear door that's crumpled in?

dustin... there are mitigating cirumstances in some instances (it's not an abosolute) but based on the diagram that he drew, the acura is pictured farily distant from the intersection. hence my initial comment.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:53 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:yeah I had a similar situation when I got rear ended. The guy did end up filing a claim, but a week later. Progressive took good care of me, and made damn sure they followed up with him once I was the first person they heard from, rather than the driver they insure. What company does she have a policy with? I can say first hand that Progressive and State Farm are insanely hassle free and easy to work with,

she has state farm and i have allstate

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:36 PM
That sucks because i do know an intersection exactly like that where you cant see around the cars in the turning lane to see if there is traffic coming, you have to be almost in the path before you can see if anyone is coming or not. At least you will getting taken care of from what it sounds like, sucks that had to happen though, you might start feeling sore in the next couple of days, had something similar to his a couple years back and randomly felt really sore in 2-3 days.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:59 PM
Totaled And Im getting $3000 more than what i was on the way to sell the car for. Only problem is my back and shoulder are killing me. My thumb is better though.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:14 AM
well that is at least a good thing... right? More money is nice.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:39 PM
Freelancer1988 wrote:well that is at least a good thing... right? More money is nice.

More money is always nice. What are you looking to buy?

Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:43 PM
I had plans to buy a 2010 civic lx-s until the guy backed out of the sale today like a D-bag.

I need something with good mileage. prefer honda/acura

maybe a new CR-Z

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search