Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots - Page 10 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:53 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
CrAzY Z24 wrote:New rims look very nice, ever think to get rid of rear window wiper?

"Ever think to get rid of a very convenient feature on your daily driver for absolutely no reason what so ever?",.... haha the things people do to their cars. That's almost as bad as removing your front wipers because "it looks better and I can just not drive in the rain". People like that are ridiculous. @!#$....

Explain to me how a rear wiper is convenient, I personally think there gaudy and worthless, esp. on a car, and alot of people get rid of rear wipers, I have owned hatchbacks without them and did just fine

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:06 AM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
CrAzY Z24 wrote:New rims look very nice, ever think to get rid of rear window wiper?

"Ever think to get rid of a very convenient feature on your daily driver for absolutely no reason what so ever?",.... haha the things people do to their cars. That's almost as bad as removing your front wipers because "it looks better and I can just not drive in the rain". People like that are ridiculous. @!#$....

Explain to me how a rear wiper is convenient, I personally think there gaudy and worthless, esp. on a car, and alot of people get rid of rear wipers, I have owned hatchbacks without them and did just fine

I dont know...maybe by clearing your rear window....Nice feature in the winter...

I also Vote for the blue, looks sick

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:42 AM
I actually like it all ways. What about bronze?
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:58 AM
looking at it id almost like to see it painted to match the wheels same for like the top piece. idk i just kinda like the look of it and seeing the photochop in blue and black it just makes the shape and fins kinda dissapear and lose its appeal. problaby won't be as bad in person though.

as for the rear wiper id do it if i was working on majorly overhauling the car. but for what your doing its really not worth it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:14 AM
i like blue much better than the black

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:58 PM
Blue fo sho if you are just doing that part of the grill.

I need to learn how to do the clay bar treatment.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:24 PM
Blue of course thats if you won't make it pink.

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:36 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:ever think to get rid of rear window wiper?
JLAudioCavalier wrote:"Ever think to get rid of a very convenient feature on your daily driver for absolutely no reason what so ever?",.... haha the things people do to their cars. That's almost as bad as removing your front wipers because "it looks better and I can just not drive in the rain". People like that are ridiculous. @!#$....
CrAzY Z24 wrote:Explain to me how a rear wiper is convenient, I personally think there gaudy and worthless, esp. on a car, and alot of people get rid of rear wipers, I have owned hatchbacks without them and did just fine

I agree with JL. It's a daily driver, so the rear wiper is actually very useful. I have driven through two winters in my Vibe and I absolutely love the rear wiper, especially when the rear window gets so dirty you can't see out of it. Also, with the design of the rear end of the Vibe snow gets blown up and sticks to the rear window, again, hindering your rear view, so the rear wiper is definitely very useful. I hardly ever use it in the spring, summer or fall, but I use it all the time in the winter.

Ryan, I vote for the blue! The photoshop with the blue looks amazing! That sucks about it having so much dot matrix because 35% all around would look really nice. I want a tint strip on the windshield of the Vibe so bad, but unfortunately there's a huge spot of dot matrix around the mirror so I know it wouldn't look good which is why I don't have one and probably never will .

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:16 AM
It's funny that a factory installed standard equipment black wiper is "gaudy" lol what a dumbass

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:27 PM
hey i agree with him it does look gaudy, kills the smooth look. but theres a diffrence between a driven car and a show car. and yours is a driven car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:41 PM
Two of my old DD had a rear wiper and I loved it in the winter. Sure for a show car I'd prefer to remove it. In this case you would have a hole in the window and that would need to be plugged somehow which would look stupid. Better all the way around even if it was a show car to leave it then have a random plug where the wiper would be.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:28 AM
Is everyone seriously paying this much attention to a fawking wiper?

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:36 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:Is everyone seriously paying this much attention to a fawking wiper?

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, August 07, 2011 4:24 PM
How about you take a weekend of installing new @!#$ on this thing and you put that hitch to use.....im in dire need of Kettle!

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:00 PM
iGTP wrote:How about you take a weekend of installing new @!#$ on this thing and you put that hitch to use.....im in dire need of Kettle!

Wow, Long time no see. Still got the GTP?

/offtopic

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:45 AM
He doesn't come here here often but yes he still has the G6 GTP

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:07 AM
Nice, always liked the coupes

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 10:20 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:Is everyone seriously paying this much attention to a fawking wiper?

It's the JBO..........................................

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:06 PM
Darkstars wrote:It's funny that a factory installed standard equipment black wiper is "gaudy" lol what a dumbass

Always liked your cars, and was just throwing it out there, just because its OEM dosent mean it cant be gaudy, and +1 on name calling.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 4:23 PM
You've been throwin in out there for a page... stfu

It's not name calling, you sound like a dumbass.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:18 AM
So hang on a minute.... I know I've been mostly absent from the .Org for the better part of 3 years, but.... Didn't you HATE VW's with the fire of a thousand burning suns? Nice pickup though, I've been thinking about the new Beetle with a 2.0T myself....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:28 AM
Stolen from a differed thread about it a while back....

"Some of you guys may have missed the pre-purchase discusion. It's not the @!#$ talking I do... it's the @!#$ talking I did. I can give credit where credit is due. When I stated with VW over 7 years ago the cars were total piles, Mk4's.... you couldn't give it away to me because I didn't trust it enough to get me to work on regular basis. I talked a ton of @!#$ about those cars and then early mk5s. By 2007 the cars were getting noticeably better, 2009 they switched from the 2.0T FSI to the 2.0T TSI and the getting better cars became legitimate good cars. You could get a nicely build, smooth, solid feeling car with tons of stuff without the typicall VW issues. Fast forward to now, half way through 2011, and I had a hard time deciding between 3 different 2011 models..... And that's coming from me, if that's not a testament to VW's turn around I don't know what is. We have 14 techs, and 5 of us drive 2010 or newer VW's. They are putting out some great cars right now. Our company has 4 locations, and as far as car lines our company has VW, Nissan, Subaru, Mazda, and BMW and the owner of all our stores has been daily driving MK6 Gti's since they came out, that alone should tell you something."

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:51 PM
This whole car is a fap fap machine!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:14 PM
I don't know if this has already been said, but I think you should do a rear wiper delete. Other than that I like it.

HAHAH i'm sorry I had to. After two pages of bitching about a rear wiper. Car looks real good man. My buddy has one in the same color. Well he bought it for his wife, but he said its been a great car. They've always had a nice look to them and drove nice when they were actually driving. Good to hear they're finally making the rest of the car good.

Monday, November 21, 2011 6:37 PM
Not much to update. The car has been completely trouble free. Today I put on the winter wheels/snow tires.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search