Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots - Page 11 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots
Monday, November 21, 2011 8:12 PM
Id really like to pick one of these up after I graduate, a buddy of mine just RallyX his on the Cup kit and did quite well, haha.

Looking good, and that's a good ride height for snow

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Monday, November 21, 2011 9:00 PM
seriously... you're making me reconsider not owning another VW!!! can i kidnap you and make you my personal car mechanic slave?! lol

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:00 AM
If I say yes it wouldn't be kidnapping

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:59 PM
Show the pics of the new wheels. they look BADASS on there!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:22 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Show the pics of the new wheels. they look BADASS on there!

Last post of the last page

Darkstars wrote:Not much to update. The car has been completely trouble free. Today I put on the winter wheels/snow tires.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:49 PM
ah, they didnt load when i checked for them. just saw the words. got it now.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:23 PM
I see the factory installed rear wiper is still there.....ghey.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:50 AM
Wow, the car is sexy even on winter tires. Best winter wheel/tire combo ever for sure!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:01 AM
iGTP wrote:I see the factory installed rear wiper is still there.....ghey.

Lmao.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:17 AM
This car would be so hot with a shaved wiper mod!

Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:42 PM
MyKoup owns theZ wrote:Wow, the car is sexy even on winter tires.

x2! Looking great Ryan!

Friday, November 25, 2011 9:36 AM
Hmm, don't know how I missed this thread lol. I kind of thought VW was going downhill because the MkVs were fugly as hell, but I'm digging the new ones.. well, the Golf/GTi anyway. You're doing an amazing job with this one so far. Keep up the good work.

With the end of my Sunfire, I'm trying to get back into the Dub scene myself, but a foreclosure is keeping me from getting something new. I'm gonna have to start at Mk3 and work my way up lol..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, November 25, 2011 1:38 PM
What's your thoughts on the MKV R32's? A low mileage (23k) one just popped up for sale at a local dealer. Thinking I'm going to swing by tomorrow to check it out. Might see if they have any new R's on the lot while I'm at it. Not really in the market for a car considering mine is low mileage for it's age (bought new in 2006, only has 37k on it now), but I've started looking just to see what was out there. I loved a fully loaded 335xi coupe (25k miles) that I test drove a couple weeks ago, I just couldn't bite the bullet. Didn't feel like paying that much for a used car even if it was low miles, had a deposit on it and everything. There's also a 2011 STi hatch with just under 4k miles on it for sale nearby (and an '11 WRX hatch with 8k on it). I loved the power of it, just didn't really like the interior feel. Damnit, why did I decide to start looking at cars?!

Love your car by the way.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Friday, November 25, 2011 5:45 PM
MKV R32's are a useless car... the AWD makes it slow, not to mention they aren't boosted so 300wtq isn't just a tune away. A friend of mine bought one and hated it for both of those reasons, eventually one of the control modules started taking a @!#$ and he traded it in for a JSW TDI.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, November 25, 2011 8:44 PM
Darkstars wrote:If I say yes it wouldn't be kidnapping

how bout this... instead of kidnapping you and taking you away from your family and all that hassle... we can just trade cars. you mod the poop out of mine and i'll drive yours till its done. then well trade back and go our separate ways.
deal?!
(i dont plan on paying btw...just a heads up)

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:45 PM
Mikey (drpdcavi) wrote:What's your thoughts on the MKV R32's? A low mileage (23k) one just popped up for sale at a local dealer. Thinking I'm going to swing by tomorrow to check it out. Might see if they have any new R's on the lot while I'm at it. Not really in the market for a car considering mine is low mileage for it's age (bought new in 2006, only has 37k on it now), but I've started looking just to see what was out there. I loved a fully loaded 335xi coupe (25k miles) that I test drove a couple weeks ago, I just couldn't bite the bullet. Didn't feel like paying that much for a used car even if it was low miles, had a deposit on it and everything. There's also a 2011 STi hatch with just under 4k miles on it for sale nearby (and an '11 WRX hatch with 8k on it). I loved the power of it, just didn't really like the interior feel. Damnit, why did I decide to start looking at cars?!

Love your car by the way.

Transporter7220 wrote:MKV R32's are a useless car... the AWD makes it slow, not to mention they aren't boosted so 300wtq isn't just a tune away. A friend of mine bought one and hated it for both of those reasons, eventually one of the control modules started taking a @!#$ and he traded it in for a JSW TDI.

X2

They have nicer seats, all wheel drive, 6 cylinder, battery in the trunk, bigger brakes.... the R32 is set up to shine on a road course type environment. A current 2.0 TSI with just a reflash will walk all over the R32 in terms of accelerate. Save for the glorious VR6 exhaust note they are disappointing.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:53 PM
VR6? If memory serves, I thought the R32 had the Audi 3.2 V6 instead of the VR?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:49 PM
It is not marketed as a VR6 but it is in fact a 3.2 Liter, single cylinder head, 15*, VR6.

Friday, January 13, 2012 11:13 AM
For the rear wiper haters

Friday, January 13, 2012 1:26 PM
{Like}

Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:26 PM
Darkstars wrote:For the rear wiper haters

You should still take them off during the summer, it only takes a whooping 5 minutes to reinstall them for winter.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Saturday, January 14, 2012 5:38 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:

You should still take them off during the summer, it only takes a whooping 5 minutes to reinstall them for winter.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:45 PM
Who still cares about this wiper lol. It's not your car......deal.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:44 PM

LOL! Rear wipers FTW!

Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:06 PM
I don't get the hate on the wiper. Sure it looks cleaner without, but its not that much of an eyesore, it's just sorta there.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search