Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots
Saturday, May 28, 2011 8:14 AM
I just wanna see the power this thing can make...seems like the gains are out of this world with simple mods...

Saturday, May 28, 2011 8:48 AM
considering this car since mines likely to be totaled. i have a couple questions if you dont mind.

Can you configure the car without a sunroof and nav but with HID and leather?
How much does the Flash cost for computer?

Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:15 AM
Looks good man, just put a new bike rike on my car as well.

Parting out and for sale. | Thanks JBO!

Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:47 AM
The stage 1 tune is by FAR the best bang for your buck, nothing else will get you gains that big let alone for that cheap. For customers we charge $599 for a single tune (single tune being just the 93 octane tune, most skip taking the 91/stock/100/valet tunes, since you pay an extra $50 per tune.... Unless it's a sale where fully loaded ecu for the same price as single tune. Either way it's free to upgrade to a stage 2 tune from a stage 1) and install is an additional 2 hours of labor (have to remove and seperate the ecu).

For me is cheaper and free labor

Leather is only available with the Autobahn package which is dynaudio, HID's, sunroof, keyless push button start and nav, a $5,000 package. Hid's are part of the sunroof and nav package. You can build one on VW.com

Saturday, May 28, 2011 11:23 AM
Shadow Blue FTW... DSG FTL. come on now, DSG, weaksauce mann. I just went to SOWO in Helen, Georgia and everyone was making fun of the people running DSG. my buddy also auto-x's his mkv and he has drove both and hated the DSG, said it wasnt a real car. lol

Saturday, May 28, 2011 2:10 PM
I'm much more concerned with both my fiance and I being able to drive it than I am with what people in Georgia think of my car lol. I'm happy, she's happy, everyone else's opinions FTL

Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:06 AM
That's phucking ghey that you can't get leather without the sunroof. I HATE option "packages" where you have to get a bunch of Bill$#!t just for one option that you really want. OTOH, your Veedub is looking good.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:06 AM
They do that to keep costs down, the more configurations the more cars cost to manufacture.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:27 AM
heeeeeeee's back!

Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:54 PM
you know i was just giving you @!#$ for fun buddy

Monday, May 30, 2011 7:38 AM
Roofy wrote:That's phucking ghey that you can't get leather without the sunroof. I HATE option "packages" where you have to get a bunch of Bill$#!t just for one option that you really want. OTOH, your Veedub is looking good.

thats why they have upholstery shops.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, May 30, 2011 7:30 PM
Makes me wish I woulda bought a GTI instead of my Silverado lol. That is a really nice ride though. Wonder how well the DSG will respond to bigger power.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:55 AM
I still don't see any pink!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:43 PM
Updates...

Today I got and installed the AWE Tuning Turbo Outlet Pipe (wrinkle finished black powder coated, you can also get an uncoated silver one)

Here's 2 comparison pics from the AWE to stock. This is the side view, doesn't look to drastic.

But here's the top view, the bottom of the pic is where it connects to the silicone coupler off the turbo. You can see how the AWE will clearly flow better than stock.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:35 PM
I think I love you.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:12 PM
My god... the germans make some awesome cars but some of the stuff they bolt to them is just retarded...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:37 PM
They use that style pipe because right out of the turbo to the intercooler it runs between the frame rail and the front (passenger side, but past the belt and crank pulley). They do the "pancake pipe" for clearance, but they make it excessively small, a regular pipe fits fine. But they have been using the pancake pipe design since the 1.8t MK4's.

With it on there's no noticeable gain in power but part throttle and throttle response in general feels better. You can hear slightly more intake/turbo noise.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 10:42 AM
I ordered something else this morning... it may or may not involve 3" ceramic coated pipe that produces some nice gains

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 10:44 AM
Darkstars wrote:I ordered something else this morning... it may or may not involve 3" ceramic coated pipe that produces some nice gains

in for pics of this ^^^

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 10:50 AM
there will definitely be pics

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:21 AM
i like these, but i hate the damn wheels they put on them.

CAR IS FOR SALE...Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:28 AM
Love it so far. The powdercoating on that outlet pipe makes it look like it should be really heavy.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:50 AM
Not at all heavy, just looks stockish.

Check back tonight for a new installed part

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:21 PM
Diggen it. I was looking into an older GTI (early - mid 2000s) when looking for a new car but decided against it because of insurance costs and hearing the 1.8t was garbage.

Love it and can't wait for pics later tonight.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 7:12 PM
Tonight's new addition is the a Nuespeed throttle body pipe. Like the other pipe I replaced it frees up some flow due to the factory piping narrowing down, it's not nearly as restrictive as the turbo outlet pipe but it's definitely an upgrade.

stock compared to Neuspeed

Here's the throttle body pipe installed. The pipe is bolted to the engine so chances of popping a charge pipe off are next to nothing but I'm gonna swap out the clamps for t-bolts just for piece of mind.

And here's the turbo outlet pipe I installed last night.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search