2012 Ford Focus - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2012 Ford Focus
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:43 PM
ordered. 2012 Focus in sterling grey, hopefully will have it Saturday.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:16 PM
at home on the driveway this morning. Love it.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:42 PM
Wow, so that's like the stripped down bare base model isn't it? Pretty nice, I love the color.
If you don't mind me asking, what all does that come with? I'm curious if Ford is generous with it's standard equipment on base models.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:46 PM
keyless, power windows, a/c, abs, traction, stability, brake force distribution, has a shift light for economy. in Canada the MSRP is $15999 (slightly less than the states apparently) and there isn't $3000 worth of difference in my eyes between it and the SE. is all small things. is quiet as anything on the go. is pretty quick, handles great. on a fair bit under half a tank it's done over 350kms (220 miles) including 45 mins at the side of the highway with the AC on waiting for the tow truck to tow the car that died on Darren (sunfireGTP) (my old 4 door) I love this car.

Monday, May 23, 2011 6:26 PM
ok so had the car 2 days now put almost 400km (250miles) on it. Overall the car is nothing but superb. I keep thinking about how much I paid for this car and realised my parent's 06 Lancer was actually more expensive and is @!#$e compared to this, I also bought a Neon new for a couple of grand more than this and it was a pile of @!#$ by comparison. The electric power steering is very good overall, there still is a fair sized lack of feel but no problem with knowing which way the wheels are pointing. It is very precise cornering and because of the torque vectoring diff you can really get on the power early and can feel it tightening the line which feels kind of odd for a FWD car. Even wit the good handling the ride is great, never feels unsettled but you can feel medium to large bumps. The car is VERY quiet on the go with the windows up at 120km/h (around 80mph) on the highway i can talk to the wife as if we were at home on the couch. it really surprises me how quiet it really is and i find myself talking deliberately more quietly than normal to see if the wife can still hear me and she still can. With the driver seat being height adjustable and the steering having tilt and telescope it is very easy to get into a comfortable driving position. The motor isn't covered with plastic and actually looks like a motor, it's quiet running and very smooth, sometimes it would be hard to tell if it was running if it didn't have a tach. it's very responsive and feels like it could be a bit more powerful than the 160hp as advertised. The wife loves the shift light for eco driving but it seems to come one as i'm dipping the clutch anyhow. the shifter is up quite high and falls very easily to hand and the throw is very short and precise. overall it's very well put together and i have already recommended it to other people. Get's a lot of looks on the road (for now i guess). When i picked it up the dealer had 2 other people collecting cars that day, and the cars were both Focus'. Both of them were down grading from larger cars to uplevel focus' because they liked the looks, wanted the toys and fuel economy at the same time. But the low level cars still have plenty on them. I think Ford has made a class leader here for sure. I've also noticed a lot of things that look as though this has been designed to last!

Friday, May 27, 2011 10:23 AM
I dig man. Stellar cars!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, May 27, 2011 8:13 PM
i seriously like it even more every time i drive it. I have an excellent on ramp near me that does a 270* wrap around and then runs downhill and snakes under another road for just over a mile, I love attacking it and tonight was the first time the Focus saw this ramp, i cannot believe how much it hangs on on the corners and the power just builds and builds above 4500.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search