Friends turboed CRX - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Friends turboed CRX
Monday, June 06, 2011 12:09 PM
Well i was never in a turboed car ever and my buddy just got a ruff tune and only 7 psi by the end off the summer he should be at 22 psi. the car has some huge cams,no interior exp dash and seats but i took alittle video

also this was taken with a verizon i phone 4

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 06, 2011 12:13 PM

Re: Friends turboed CRX
Monday, June 06, 2011 12:41 PM
he needs a windshield

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Monday, June 06, 2011 1:29 PM
Kandyman wrote:he needs a windshield

He needs more than that.... We got the engine work done and now it's on to the body and other stuff

Monday, June 06, 2011 2:31 PM
How about an alignment

Monday, June 06, 2011 3:35 PM
Copter wrote:How about an alignment

Also I like the a/c hes got. Im being dead ass serious I think Im gonna get one for my Sunfire since it doesnt have a/c

Monday, June 06, 2011 5:47 PM
Meh... I really hope making the car all around reasonable is actually in the plans. Seems, so far, like every other Honda owner these days. Cobble together a turbo kit, blame the stalling and lack of power on "a rough tune" that never seems to get resolved, and let the rest of the car (body, windshield, alignment, etc) go to @!#$. But by golly they got a turbo slapped on there.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, June 06, 2011 7:14 PM
runs like @!#$, sounds like @!#$, a whole lot of noise for barely gaining on the car in front of him...

Monday, June 06, 2011 9:01 PM
JLAudioCavalier: You come across as a cocky, arrogant ass who always seems to have something negative to say in every post..... But I agree with you about 80% of the time.

Anyways.........
I don't understand the "rough tune" concept. How can you "rough tune" something???? I understand maybe tuning conservatively or for low boost, what was done here, a set of injectors, FMU, and a prayer??? IF you're going to have the car tuned, why not do it properly in the first place??? And is the car built to handle 22psi??? Also, your buddy better get an exhaust on there or he will have spiking issues with that open downpipe.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, June 06, 2011 9:33 PM
Roofy wrote:JLAudioCavalier: You come across as a cocky, arrogant ass who always seems to have something negative to say in every post..... But I agree with you about 80% of the time.

You know what that means? I say what you think... I am just not scared to speak my opinion and I don't censor myself for the good of some dudes feelings. If I see another hack job Honda, I let them know it's a pile of @!#$ hack job Honda just like the rest.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:04 AM
I never said I was scared. Just usually see someone's opinion that happens to be the same as mine. An I'm not one of those lame d-bags that has to "this" everything just because I agree with it. now back on topic, what's the details on the "rough tuned" crx?

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 11:07 AM
Crx:
Has a ZC motor swap
some type of after market cams
has some wiseco pistons i think the compression is 9.5 and the bore is not stock
has adj cam gears
greddy BOV
tial wastegate
aem fuel rail
i forget the brand 600cc injectors
have rad with a push and a pull fan

what ever trans with 4.11 gears

progress front and rear strut bars
H&R springs
tokico blue struts and shocks

there's alot more i didn't ask

and with the tune he knows alittle bit about tuning and he did it him self till he gets it to pittsburghperformance

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:08 PM
Engine looks.nice I give him that, but the car is questionable, guess if he wants a sleeper look

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:17 PM
Like I said, did some motor work and let the rest go to @!#$... Awesome radiator support. But hey, who needs a rigid chassis and safety if it gets in the way of honda powahhhh

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:45 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Like I said, did some motor work and let the rest go to @!#$... Awesome radiator support. But hey, who needs a rigid chassis and safety if it gets in the way of honda powahhhh
wow your like a girl on her period

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:58 PM
looks like every other beat honda with a turbo in pittsburgh.........
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 4:01 PM
LarryMartin830(now with 00z24) wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Like I said, did some motor work and let the rest go to @!#$... Awesome radiator support. But hey, who needs a rigid chassis and safety if it gets in the way of honda powahhhh
wow your like a girl on her period

You posted a beat up, falling apart, loud, trashed Honda. And people said it looks like....... get this....a beat up, falling apart, loud, trashed Honda. If your comment here implies that even a girl would recognize that for what it is, then you are correct.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 4:45 PM
Is that one gauge on the outside of the car, on the hood?

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:24 PM
Scotty B wrote:Is that one gauge on the outside of the car, on the hood?

Yeah a fuel pressure gauge

Thursday, June 09, 2011 12:56 AM
Yeah. Gotta love the radiator support, custom Zip-tie radiator hold downs, and headlights that look like they are just sitting in there. WTF are they for, a MK3 VW Golf??? ........... Aaannndddd he just has a random fuel line running up to a gauge that could possibly rub through somewhere and spray fuel over a hot engine????? Plus the EBay manifold is gonna crack if it hasn't already.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 9:15 AM
Wow, that fuel hose needs to be longer, ran to a secure place, then the access should enough to run through the hood. How he has it now, it just dangles and moves with the hood. Not good.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:35 PM
Usually if there is a gauge on the hood, it's a Tach...and even that I really don't agree with.

I have no signiture

Friday, June 17, 2011 11:55 PM
Love how through all of this nobody notices all that money for what seems like a tiny ass turbo that spools at 2k rpm and will run out of breathe up top. If your gunna do it, do it right and get everything sized properly for your motor. What does he have on there anyways a garrett t25 or something?...

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:36 AM
SpeedDemon (Steve) wrote:Love how through all of this nobody notices all that money for what seems like a tiny ass turbo that spools at 2k rpm and will run out of breathe up top. If your gunna do it, do it right and get everything sized properly for your motor. What does he have on there anyways a garrett t25 or something?...
it had what ever turbo came off a evo 8 and now its some thing bigger

Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:36 PM
but still a dilapidated, falling apart, rusted, mismatched pile of crap? Just saying all that motor work and such to get a super cool turbo sound on a car that sounds, runs, and looks like @!#$ blows my mind.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:40 PM
So, it's an old honda with a turbo....do I get a nickel for every time someone does this? I could retire pretty quick....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search