Tow/Haul Mode/ New Daily - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tow/Haul Mode/ New Daily
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 6:14 PM
Well after 176K miles my s10 decided it wanted a hole in the trans and it popped....

After that while hauling it home I came across an s10, called the guy, got it all set up to pick up in 3 days... Drive all the way down (80 miles) to get it, guy stiffs me and says he sold it. Ok fine, whatever, karma will get him.

Go to dealership to look at one, owner is a prick, I end up walking out. Strike 2.... one more im out.

Hop on craigslist and finally found this one, test drove it. LOVED IT.

2008 Chevy Silverado LT w/ LT2
5.3L Flex Fuel V8
23,000 Miles
3 year/ 75,000 mile warranty starting 6/7/11
5 year/ 100k mile warranty starting 6/7/11
BLACK (wanted most)
Cloth Interior (which I wanted)
Center Console (I wanted)
Z71 Suspension w/ Offroad Package
Remote Start
Power Everything

These are pre wax pictures, going to rain tomorrow so I didnt want to put a ton of time into it and then have it rain all over it!

Re: Tow/Haul Mode/ New Daily
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 6:54 PM
Aside from being 3 years older, you realize you just bought Paul's truck, right? lol. Seriously... identically spec'd haha. Congrats on the new truck man!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:08 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Aside from being 3 years older, you realize you just bought Paul's truck, right? lol. Seriously... identically spec'd haha. Congrats on the new truck man!

haha its pretty damn close, he has the moving pedals for his hobbit feet, and traction control stuff too, and i believe the 6spd.... asshole.... lol

i dont believe he has the center console either...

I have yet to find anything I dont like about this truck... im sure ill think of something...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:08 PM

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:13 PM
yes he does have the center cavern... I mean console. Seriously you could put everything in that thing with all it's compartments lol.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:18 PM
yeah i really wanted it, but now my girl cant ride middle while i wear my cowboy boots and my whips behind the cab swinging around.... oh well, bitch can rid in the bed

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:22 PM
L. M. A. O.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:35 PM
how much you pay if you don't mind saying? This is my favorite body style so far. I want one sooo bad... luckily I can't afford to have the two @!#$ty cars i own now, helps keep the realistic factor for me in check lol

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:36 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:how much you pay if you don't mind saying? This is my favorite body style so far. I want one sooo bad... luckily I can't afford to have the two @!#$ty cars i own now, helps keep the realistic factor for me in check lol

PM'ing so that a few people dont say I flaunt my money and @!#$!

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:44 PM
I can't believe you bought a new truck and didn't build it exactly how you wanted with your own 2 hands. how can you take pride?!?

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:09 PM
Nice pick-em-up Vince.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:22 PM
Nice truck.I could never go with a black color vehicle it would drive me loco trying to keep the dust off it.I am a clean fanatic and chose metallic grey for my new 11 civ.I like the truck and features as long as your satisfied that's cool.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:28 PM
Kinda looks like mine. I don't have the heated wipers or center console though. Any plans for mods yet? I already put a K&N Intake on it and have the Rough Country leveling kit ready to install. Might pick up a flowmaster exhaust I saw on Craigslist too. Oh and also getting my driver and passenger window tinted 50%

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:51 PM
im not going with an intake since it hurts mpg actually.

Small list:
Payments lol.... First will probably be tint, running boards, then exhaust, leveling kit with SMALL lift mpg tune, and maybe lighting in there somewhere, LONG ways down the road, wheels/tires

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:03 AM
Very nice truck Vince. It makes me really miss my Escalade. Altho my girl said when we get everything straight (wedding, house/apartment) then we can pick up a truck again. Lol, Welp thats a long ways away hahah. Enjoy it man. It looks great!

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:56 AM
Nice truck Vince.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:20 AM
it def needs a leveling kit and some wheels/tires pronto

good looking truck otherwise

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:52 AM
Sexy truck. GM's truck to me has the best design out there. Congratulations.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:53 AM
Thanks guys. I love this thing, I've yet to find something I dont like on it. To me its that good. Loving the AFM/DOD as well, cant even feel it but you sure can see it. I knew I'd take a hit in mileage for a truck that weighs almost twice as much, but so far its worth it.

I will say, one thing I dont like about the truck, considering it was a fleet vehicle( a VERY NICE fleet vehicle) the previous owner was a smoker, but the dealership gave me a car bomb thats sodium chlorine which should kill it in one bomb and be brand new again. Thats going on now and should be done in about 2-3 more hours.

its fun to be modding for mpg instead of mph lol.

no torsion bars on the 08+ will have to do a leveling kit eventually

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:54 AM

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:55 AM
Nice score Vince. I've wanted that body style 3/4 ton for freaking ever, and it sucks looking at them at work all day every day. The displacement on demand is an awesome feature. Truck looks clean as @!#$ man

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:11 AM
01cavZ24 wrote:Kinda looks like mine. I don't have the heated wipers or center console though. Any plans for mods yet? I already put a K&N Intake on it and have the Rough Country leveling kit ready to install. Might pick up a flowmaster exhaust I saw on Craigslist too. Oh and also getting my driver and passenger window tinted 50%

from what DTP tells me, intake hurts mpg, but exhaust will help if done right.

No mods yet, or for a while at least, I plan to go to the bash still so money is being saved for that and my car, then I will see what happens with mods. Might try to swing tint ASAP though

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:30 PM
I haven't seen any hit in mileage since I added the intake... Well, on the tank I had when I did the install (was still full) I took a 1mpg hit because I flogged the piss outta it so see what it did performance wise. But I am getting roughly 17mpg combined which isn't too bad considering I have yet to do exhaust and a tune. I still don't know what exhaust I want.
Did my tint today. 50% as per VA state law. Its not as dark as I wanted but it does still look nice and helps the interior some. Gonna probably do the leveling kit next week.
Are you on www.gmtruckclub.com yet?

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:42 PM
No im not on any forums yet. the ones I have read on so far ive just been shocked.... mainly I see how much truck people LOVE their TB spacer.... i just want to face palm so bad.....

Also, on e85, im getting about 15-17 mpg which means probably 20-20+ on 89

Probably order the leveling kit this week. I did get my satellite radio mounted up tonight for a semi-permanent install. Love it! Getting tint quotes tonight/tomorrow.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:21 AM
Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:35 AM
Nice truck, I noticed it has heated wipers, there was a recall to remove the system. I can't see it in the engine bay picture, but there should be a box where the connector is at driver side under fender support bracket. little heads up amor all cracks these dashes like crazy(done so many dash replacements can do it in my sleep lol) don't use pertroleum based cleaners on the plastic.
Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:47 AM
sndsgood wrote:nice pick up of a pickup. ha. lol.

Oh I see what you did there

What would you recommend to use on the inside then since it sounds like you have WAY more experience dealing with the dash on them

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search