SSmatters 2011 Progress Thread - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: SSmatters 2011 Progress Thread
Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:50 PM
Ztwenty4door wrote:Did you get the coons information? Typical of there kind to not have insurance and flee the scene.

Is it bad that I lolled like a mad man when I read that? Haha.

As for now your are known as HyundaiMatters to me.

Friday, June 17, 2011 11:06 AM
Lmfao hahahaha.... Thanks that makes me feel better about the car.

After doing some research on the car it is almost fully loaded. Cruise, power locks, CD player with xm radio, the bigger 1.6 liter engine(god I would HATE to see what the 1.4 accelerated like), etc etc... The only thing I can see that it doesn't have is the disc brakes in the rear.

Friday, June 24, 2011 3:47 PM
Iight well I got my baby back today.

They gave me the wrong damn grill!!! Buuuuut I don't think it looks too bad. Should I complain or isn't it worth my time? I kinda like it though other than the fact that it's a little lighter of a shade as the upper grill. Suggestions?

Ok so I am extremely impressed with Progressive. They were super helpful and timely. Didn't give me any bs and made my first claim a breeze. The claims agent is the one that helped me get a shop that payed for rental cars too which would have been disasterous considering how far I drive for work on a daily.

Something kinda/almost funny is the lady at the shop told me they test drove it to make sure it ran alright. Well I get in and look at my digital MPG reading and it said 19.3. It had been set for a while and was reading around 28 for a long time so in order for it to get down that low would mean it was given some real pedal. Ah whatever. lol.

Friday, June 24, 2011 6:30 PM
Oh and I also loved the XM radio in my rental and am really thinking about subscribing for the slowbalt. Anyone else have it? You guys think its worth 13 dollars a month?

Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:39 AM
Tell them you want 6 months for 30 months, or you just bought a used vehicle and would like a free trial, then shoot for the 6 for 30. You can do it, trust me.

As for the grille, did you tell them you needed the mesh grille specifically for the 2008-2010 models? Hell I would of even provided them with a part number, if your car has something beyond the factory you have to make it your responsibility to provide the info. If you hoped they knew about Cobalt's, I wouldn't pursue it.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 11:05 AM
I told both my insurance and the shop that it was a 2010 front end. But like I said I really dont mind it. PLUS yesterday while working I noticed there is a little flaw in the clear coat on my lip kit. I will have to take a pic and post it. I can't whip my phone out and take pictures at work because of confidentiality.

Monday, June 27, 2011 6:02 PM
You never even posted any pictures of what the coon did to your car. Glad you got it back and everything looks pretty good. Did they take care of the ABS issue as well?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:19 AM
I know that's my bad. They towed the car so fast that I didn't really get a chance to take a pic.

Yes they did. It was a sensor that went out. The end total cost was $3600. Phew. Pricey raccoon and I didn't even lower my car yet. Lol.

But it is looking good. A 1000 times better now that there is no rock chips and all of that good stuff.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:30 AM
Well I was in a car accident 2 days ago and demolished the car. I will update with pics and the story when I have more time. I will say this though, I lucked out and walked away only with a slight concussion and a very bruised knee.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:01 PM
Good lord man, Sorry to hear about your accident... I'm assuming its totaled? maybe a good thing... Im thinking maybe this one was cursed.....

Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:24 PM
I won't know for sure but I am 98% sure it will be totaled. I am about to post pics but I KNOW the frame is twisted because my sunroof popped out and twisted cock eyed. Plus i hit a raccoon and it did 3600 in damages....

Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:25 PM

And the only injury I got other than the slight concussion:

That was taken the night of the accident so it is many more festiv colors now. The swelling actually went down a lot and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:07 PM
Geez, Pole?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:20 PM
It's re-totalled, no good.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:12 PM
Tree actually. And yeah... re-totalled. I think this car has no luck.

I am just curious as to what my insurance company is going to give me for it. I will find out tuesday.

Monday, September 26, 2011 8:06 AM
damn man glad your ok. that accident looks hellish. probably be able to do pretty decent on parting it out on css or gmsc if you buy it back from insurance company

Monday, September 26, 2011 9:13 AM
Yeah I was pondering that. I just have to see how much they are going to give me for it first and how much that would cost.

And yeah it was a fun time. But I lucked out. The crash test rating for frontal crashes seem to be accurate. Haha. Buuuut I will miss it... I may look into getting a TC depending on how much I get from insurance.

Monday, September 26, 2011 8:23 PM
Might as well ask. How much for the seats???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, September 26, 2011 8:30 PM
I geuss it depends on how much it will be to buy back from the insurance company. Haha.

Monday, September 26, 2011 10:02 PM
Note to self: Do not let "GTmatters" drive my cars.
Seriously, glad you came out walking man.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, September 26, 2011 11:13 PM
Haha yeeeaaahh..... I probably wouldn't after this either. It was super foggy out to where I couldn't see 2 feet in front of me and I was going way too fast. I got what I got. I lucked out and didn't get any points on my license and am alive.

And thanks btw.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:10 AM
Something is pushing me to put the thought into your head.....supercharged ls2 gto or supercharged g8. Beasts.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:43 PM
I didn't even think about either of those... I LOVE the GTOs for the price but they are a rarity around here. I will look around though.

And BTW to all of you Delta owners, this should put you a little more at ease if you ever questioned the good frontal crash rating these things got.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:13 AM
Damn man. That was a very bad wreck

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:32 AM
Wow! Looks like you were lucky.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search