Cavy vs Corolla - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavy vs Corolla
Friday, June 17, 2011 7:40 PM
This is what happens when you turn your head for about 2 seconds.

[
img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/262770_220180451336083_100000323905230_777742_2228819_n.jpg

Re: Cavy vs Corolla
Friday, June 17, 2011 8:21 PM
dang, what happened? i hope everyone is ok.

Friday, June 17, 2011 11:04 PM
2 seconds is a long ass time to not be looking where you're going while driving a vehicle, dude...............

Hope no one got hurt, for sure. Cars can be replaced.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:06 AM
Yeah everyone was okay but, the sad part of this was this happened three days before my high school graduation. Not a very good graduation present. The only thing that I got from the accident was a lovely bruise from the airbag on my right elbow, that i still have from the accident about two weeks ago.

Good thing I was only going about 15-20 mph or it would have been a lot worse than what it was. When I turn my head away I didnot see any brake lights then 2 seconds later a bang and the feeling of a flash grenade went off in the car. Not saying this was a good thing but I didn't get cited for the accident,so get to keep my license and no points toward me, but I totaled my car after having her for almost four great years.

This is what it used to look like

The truck that was in front of the white one.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 9:31 AM
Sooo the toyota hit the jeep and you ht the toyota?

Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:11 AM
I would guess the only way he got out of rear-ending the Toyota without any infractions would be this:

The Camry wasn't paying attention and the truck came to a stop quickly. Camry hit the pickup and it stopped the Camry abruptly enough that there was no reasonable way for the Cavalier to slow down in time. No way to anticipate it. So the cops gave him a break. BUT in most normal situations if you don't have enough distance at any given speed to stop quickly in these situations, you would still have some fault in the incident. Especially if a cop heard that "I looked away for a second" is why he missed the Camry hitting the Jeep pickup.

At any rate, seems like the Cav fared ok, so it should easily be fixable. Airbags deploying though, is going to mean most likely totalling the car. Replacing those is expensive when insurance companies price it out, and a Cav isn't worth much.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:31 PM
Yeah the insurance company totaled the car just by looking at the pictures of it that we had to send to them. They did not even come out and look at the car in person. Also my cousin drove the cav to my house after the accident and said that it drove just fine. He couldnot notice anything wrong from it while driving it almost five miles. P.S. He knows alot about cars from working on them so much and his dad, my uncle is a mechanic and has his own business.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:39 PM
Looks fixable to me. if its something you want to keep, buy it back from the insurance company for $500 or whatever they want to charge. Shouldn't be more than that.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 9:02 PM
Nic Sharp - Where do you live in PA? That street looks familiar..

Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:18 PM
Scotty B wrote:Nic Sharp - Where do you live in PA? That street looks familiar..

I live half way between Duboistown and Nesbit on 654 Highway.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:27 PM
glad to hear it was just a small bruise and it is asahme if it gets sent to the junker b/c it doest appear that bad.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:50 PM
Corolla hit a jeep comanche, those things are getting super rare to find in good shape like that one

Sucks about your car too, live and learn tho!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:12 PM
Yea u could say that I learned the hardway. It does suck that the cavy had to go to a junkyard somewhere in Harrisburg, but now i can get something different. I think my next car is going to be a Subaru, which model to get i have no idea preferably the 2.5 rs or 2.5 gt. But just having a car to drive would just be really nice since it has been almost a month since the accident and i am still car less
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search