That didn't last long (New Car) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
That didn't last long (New Car)
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:38 AM
Well I bought my 2010 Impreza 2.5i back in september of last year, I liked it, but never really fell in love with it. A few things changed, as me and the g/f have been traveling a bit lately, short road trips and such with our dog and I just wanted more room. After test driving a handful of things I decided on an 07 Dodge Nitro R/T. I've never really given these things a chance and haven't ever looked at them in detail. This thing is loaded with 4WD, heated leather, sunroof, 4.0 V6 (260hp/265 ft/lb), Towing package, and Infinity sound with sub (easily one of the best stock systems i've ever heard, including the Mercedes and Audis I have driven, it really, really surprised me). I'm really liking driving this thing after only ever having small cars and just feeling somewhat cramped (I'm 6'3 230ish). Plenty of power and with a chip, intake and exhaust it's at 300hp pretty easy. It has a ton of room with the 2nd row folding completely flat as well as the front passenger seat folding down.

I haven't had time to get pics yet, but this is identical to the one I got (minus the dumb chrome doorhandles).

Some will hate it, some will love it. Everyone who has seen it in person has nothing but good things to say about the looks and comfort of everything. C&C Welcome

Re: That didn't last long (New Car)
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:46 AM
Lol you didnt have that car long at all....Not a fan, But to each his own

Good luck with it man? Any plans for it?

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:18 AM
Right now, I'm thinking of doing the intake and magnaflow exhaust (sounds great with the 4.0L), and chipping it to give it some more power. I'm already looking around thinking about getting rid of the gaudy chrome wheels (but sadly they are kind of growing on me, haha). I think I would like to do smaller wheels, 18s or so and do bigger more aggressive tires. I will probably tint the tails in the next week or so. Then to decide if I want to lift it or lower it, 2" kits are readily available in either direction.

After that I will see where things go.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:31 AM
not a fan of the platform but grats of the upgrade

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:42 AM
the Jew wrote:not a fan of the platform but grats of the downgrade

just not a fan of chrysler/dodge products. hopefully don't have the problems i have heard.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:58 AM
My neighbor has one of these with a lesser option package, he has cloth seats no sunroof etc. It is pretty nice, I thought the fit and finish could be better, But if I remember correctly at the time he bought it, The dealers were offering Lifetime warranty on the motor and tranny, so that was a pretty good deal for them.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:22 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
the Jew wrote:not a fan of the platform but grats of the downgrade

just not a fan of chrysler/dodge products. hopefully don't have the problems i have heard.

I wouldn't have considered it without all of the options it had.

I don't think quality is bad at all, better than the subaru imo, subaru's paint is one of the worst in the business, had chips and rust spots and it only had 13k miles on it, interior was just bleh on it as well. All of which comes with a basic model vs. better model, I realize this. I didn't like this platform until I got hands on with it and drove it around a while. I got a great deal and couldn't pass it up, dropped my payment $100/month as well. 2 of my friends both said about the same thing that they never really liked them, then they rode around a while in it and it really grew on them. I'm happy and that's all that matters (Plus I got rid of my nasty, tan, cloth interior.. Never again.)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:30 AM
i agree tan sucks. your last coment reminds me of the journy(i think) comercial about getting friends from driving it.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:35 AM
Not a fan of the body style but as long as you like it that is all that matters. I'm sure its fun to drive for what it is. Keep us updated bro.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:39 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:i agree tan sucks. your last coment reminds me of the journy(i think) comercial about getting friends from driving it.

lol I do remember that commerical, but they do appreciate not being crammed into a small car.. haha

May also pickup a set of these headlights/turn signals:

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:13 PM
I say lift it. its 4 wheel drive. Put some decent treaded tires and 18's and go get that thing dirty!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:09 PM
I had a 2010 as a rental for work, not bad it was 4x4 and held a lot of stuff. I will say this, as most cars will go at least 10-20 miles past E, when that thing say E.... GET GAS. There is very little forgiveness on the gauge.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:35 PM
haha that is actually what people were saying on the forums, luckily I have a digital display that gives you the number of miles until empty and they said it's actually pretty accurate.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:22 PM
I like it! Those factory 20's look good! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:39 AM
Just looking through the lift kits now and a 2" lift with bigger tires looks great. May not go that aggressive with wheels and tires, just gotta look around I guess, this is new territory for me, not sure what type of wheels to get.. haha

Also I'm looking to get rid of the chrome Billet grille with a blask mesh or something, might just have it painted black so it doesn't stick out so much.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search