Friends turboed CRX - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Friends turboed CRX
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:28 PM
Holy settle down everyone, it's a bit haywire sure, but that's a pretty cool car IMO.

What you guys are forgetting is that its a CRX, even if it makes 250whp it will still run mid 11's, hence it's faster than anyone who posted in this thread.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:24 PM
screamindemon wrote:So, it's an old honda with a turbo....do I get a nickel for every time someone does this? I could retire pretty quick....

You have a confederate flag on your truck, do you really think you're allowed an opinion?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:58 PM
newt wrote:Holy settle down everyone, it's a bit haywire sure, but that's a pretty cool car IMO.

What you guys are forgetting is that its a CRX, even if it makes 250whp it will still run mid 11's, hence it's faster than anyone who posted in this thread.

What you are forgetting, or maybe didn't see in the video, is the fact that that piece was barely running, and was loading up horribly and stalling out as the video progressed.

I will bet my Sunfire that this car will not EVER hit 11's. If it does, well it's still an unsafe POS. I'd rather be slower and be able to drive my car without it stalling out every time I come to a stop.

It'll probably end up blown up, or sold and resold as the car gets progressively schittier and schittier.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:48 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
screamindemon wrote:So, it's an old honda with a turbo....do I get a nickel for every time someone does this? I could retire pretty quick....

You have a confederate flag on your truck, do you really think you're allowed an opinion?

Yes, even if it does seem insignificant to some.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:01 AM
LOL @THIS THREAD!!!!!!

JL is on a roll!!!!

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:04 PM
I have to admit I woul'nt mind stripping the belt driven ac system off my GTZ and installing that fan for those rare occasions when a breeze of air would be nice. But its just too tacky and embarrising for me to be seen with that....LOL

None the less if he has plans for the exterior then I would understand his current situation. Curently all my funds are going towards the motor. My exterior is nothing to be proud about. Some of us like to start with performance first then looks.

As for the videos....my stock tuned alpha N, stock internal, turbo charge Z24 picks up better than that.

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:21 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:I have to admit I woul'nt mind stripping the belt driven ac system off my GTZ and installing that fan for those rare occasions when a breeze of air would be nice. But its just too tacky and embarrising for me to be seen with that....LOL

None the less if he has plans for the exterior then I would understand his current situation. Curently all my funds are going towards the motor. My exterior is nothing to be proud about. Some of us like to start with performance first then looks.

As for the videos....my stock tuned alpha N, stock internal, turbo charge Z24 picks up better than that.

surging, running like crap, being slow after a turbo build, and stalling every time your car should be idling isn't performance. it's hacking a honda together to get whoosy poofy turbo noises like all those guys seem to do... I would actually LOVE for the OP to post a new video of the car actually running, and maybe making some runs down a strip or on a dyno to show it's power. But for now all I've seen is an open DP, @!#$ty sounding, honda that runs like crap.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:04 PM
Haha whatever, for the 2 times he went wide open it moved quite well for 7psi.

Typical .org haters, I forgot everything has to be 100% legit around here lol

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:28 PM
It looks to me like this was an "I got the turbo on finally and got it running enough to drive it" video.

I have a couple similar videos of my car when I first put the turbo on. Sure it wasn't (lol and still isn't) very quick, but it was a lot of fun for an hour or so. Plus, the sound with the open downpipe was awesome. I have since put a full exhaust on it and gotten a good tune in it (and now its actually in pieces in the garage while i put the forged goodies in)

I don't get what all the ragging on this car is all about for 2 reasons. One is because, well, its unfinished (the posts clearly state that, plus the running rough could be because the owner is new at tuning which we all were at one point). Two is because not all cars need to be 100% mint in order to be fun to drive ( I say fun to drive because you probably wouldn't put a setup like this together for any other reason).

I would say that this is a good starting point for the car. If this was a "this is my buddys finished CRX" video, then all of the bashing would have merit IMO.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search